“Thank You Beach Dog! :)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 90 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout
Description: The Beach Dog Cafe is a Family Owned and Operated Breakfast and Lunch Cafe ~ The Beach Dog Cafe is not able to Accommodate Large Groups. Also No Reservations Accepted. And No Take Out Menu ~ The Beach Dog Cafe Welcomes Families ~ We do "Ask Kindly" when Dining with little ones that you are Respectful of others while Dining. Sometimes wait times of meals can be longer than normal and may be too much for a little one to wait that amount of time. Please plan accordingly. We take Pride and are Proud of the food we Serve. The Beach Dog Cafe is not the place for a person on a tight schedule or In a Hurry. No Credit Cards OR Debit Cards Accepted No ATM
Singapore, Singapore
“Thank You Beach Dog! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I loved this family owned and operated restaurant! The food, the ambiance, the books, the Lassie movie, everything! My husband had the chilli dog while I had breakfast including those marvelous potatoes and a sausage patty to die for. It was so good and they were so friendly that we went back a second time and it was even better! Don't miss this on the 101 as you travel up or down the Oregon Coast! We will plan our next trip with this in mind!

Visited November 2013

Dallas, Oregon
“Dogs for everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

It's been a few months since our first meal at Beach Dog -- breakfast last spring -- so we decided to stop by for lunch on our way back home after a couple days at our condo in Depoe Bay. We weren't super hungry, as we'd had breakfast about 3 hours earlier before hitting the road.
We just beat the lunch rush and got a table right away. Ten minutes later, there were people waiting.
Mrs. OJ decided to go light, ordering a kosher dog (with mustard, onions and relish) and a side of chips ($5.50 total). I ordered a "full meal" of a coney dog topped with cheese and a side of potato salad ($9). The dogs are quarter-pounders I'm guessing, served on buns that are closer to a Hoagie roll than hot dog bun. My dog was loaded with coney sauce, so much so that it required a knife and fork. It was pretty good, but I have to say I make a better coney sauce myself and it also was a bit under my benchmark -- the sauce made at a Dairy Queen in Newberg, OR. Really! The potato salad also was fine, but again, my wife makes much better. (OK, I have yet to have any restaurant measure up to her potato salad.) Oddly, my order also included a few chips -- one of several side options.
After an outrageously good breakfast previously, I must admit to being a bit underwhelmed at Beach Dog's lunch. It probably would have been more impressive if this had been my first meal here -- it was pretty good overall -- but my expectations had been raised substantially by our prior excellent breakfast.
It's still a good choice for a decent casual lunch; a top pick for a great breakfast and I'll be back for that. But for Lincoln City lunch stops, I'll probably be returning to our "old reliable" -- Blackfish Café.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Washington
“Cute little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The food was wonderful and very well presented. We went here for breakfast and only waited about 10 minutes for a seat, server was quick to take our order, but it took about 45 minutes to finally receive our order. We didn't even order complicated foods, very simple meals. The food was delicious, but the wait made me not want to go back. I understand they were busy, the server was running all over the place and I know it wasn't his fault, I don't blame him. There was a lady walking around, she didn't seem to be doing her job very well, made me think she must have been new. I think they were just terribly under staffed both in the dining room and in the kitchen. I even saw a kid walking around back there going in and out of their cooler. I'll give this place another try just because the food was so wonderful.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salida, Colorado
“Absolutely wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We made a point to go here, not far from out hotel, because of excellent reviews. They were absolutely correct! We had a scramble, an omelet and a pancake dish. All were so scrumptious and extra care was taken for the dishes. Highly recommend the sourdough bread for a choice. Exceptional! Expect to wait for a table, as the restaurant is small, but well worth the wait. Also, hours are from Wed-Sun for breakfast and lunch and bring cash. Loved the decor... all doggy themed.

Visited October 2013
Silverton, Oregon
“Loved our breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Loved our breakfast at Beach Dog. It is like visiting home every time we go. The Staff is the Best.. the food is Excellent.

Visited October 2013