“Yuck...way too much syrup” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #83 of 90 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Gresham, Oregon
“Yuck...way too much syrup”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My son and I walked thru the Haymarket District while visiting Lincoln, and specifically went here based on the restaurant claiming "authentic Hawaiian Shave Ice as well as an assortment of Frozen adult beverages." Upon walking in to the Public Market, we walked up to the counter (no one there on a hot day should have been our first clue!) and apparently interrupted the young man reading at the counter. 'Yes?' was all we got. I said, 'Um, one shave ice please.' He put down his book and proceeded to make one. I had to guess at the list of flavors offered (on a board on the counter?) and had my son pick three (the max offered). The young man poured SO MUCH syrup on the ice, it was nearly melted by the time we sat down to eat it. While it was OK, we only really got to eat half as the rest was reduced to PURE syrup...gross. I'm guessing only their 'adult beverages' on the weekends will keep this business afloat for a while in this college town area. Their service and 'shave ice' ($4) certainly will not. DON'T bother taking the kids...find another spot for something cold on a hot day.

• Visited July 2014