“Could be a nice place to stay but...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1091 SE First Street, Lincoln City, OR 97367 (Formerly Lincoln City Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 36 hotels in Lincoln City
Creston, Canada
“Could be a nice place to stay but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This Quality Inn is in the middle of being refurbished but although we paid the posted rate we were given a room with no baseboards (which made the room look tacky and unfinished although it looked freshly painted), no luggage rack, no clock radio, no fridge, no microwave, no iron, and no ironing board. The wifi was down more than up. The river view was actually a view of the cars parked outside our window. I will say that the breakfast was more than adequate. Due to the unfinished state of the room, we should have either been told ahead of time or been offered a better rate. We stayed more than one night because the room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. We don’t tend to stay in our room much with a beach right across the street. My best advice is to ask to see the room before accepting it.

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Our third floor ocean view room looked right across the highway to the D River beach access. Rooms on the other side of the hotel look out over an inlet of Devils Lake. Highway traffic was audible on our side, but no worse than the busy street we live on at home. There was a traffic light to make it easy to access the highway while driving, and to make it easy to walk over to the beach with our dogs. There were other nearby dog-walking options, such as Hostetler Park and a nature trail over to the Devils Lake Campground. Hot breakfast included scrambled eggs and sausage or biscuits and gravy, as well as the usual bagels and muffins. Staff were very nice. The building looked like an upgrade in progress - workmen doing things to exit doors, for instance, and little unfinished details like cracked caulk around the tub. But the room was clean and fresh, with a comfortable couch and room to park my husband's Segway where we wouldn't trip on it. Altogether it was a good place to spend a few days.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LincolnCityInn, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you very much for the very kind review. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope that you will come again. We welcome all guest who stay with us as we would welcome our own families into our homes. We look forward to your next stay. See you soon!
Salem, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was trying to surprise my husband and get a room booked for our anniversary when I came across this hotel .I called for rates and got the room all booked. The general manager who helped me asked if the stay was for business or pleasure, when I told him it was our 25th year wedding anniversary he upgraded our room at no extra charge to a beautiful suite with an ocean view and a Jacuzzi in our room ! When we arrived we were greeted immediately,the entire staff was very friendly and we loved the room.The continental breakfast was delicious! If you want an affordable hotel with excellent service at the best rate possible then book your room today .Thank you to all the staff who made sure we had a pleasant stay,you guys are awesome and you really made the difference.We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LincolnCityInn, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and posting your review online. We are pleased to hear that your accomidations were satisfactory and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Papillion, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This Lincoln Inn is now Quality Inn and Suites with Choice Hotels. We called ahead for a room and was given a room with a direct view of the ocean, which is right across the highway. The staff was doing everything they could to please and asking customers what suggestions they could give for making the stay better. Since there are an abundance of hotels in this town, the competition must be tough, but we thought the hotel was very good and would recommend it. Nice sized room, extra pillows, clean, and a hot breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was here this past Saturday for the Jackson Unity concert and after driving for two and half hours from Portland,
I was very happy to have made it to my favorite hotel!!
The new managers Dixie & Kenny are awesome!!
They let me know there was a casino shuttle that would pick guests up going to the concert. What a relief because there was no where to park at Chinook Winds, the ride back to the hotel was so much fun, a few tipsy people after the concert made it memorable! (:
I can't remember the other gentleman's name but he was also very nice, he even let me use his cell phone to call home because I forgot my cord and my phone was dead.
The room was very comfortable and, even though I was in a lake view room the floor I was on was very quiet.
Nice view of the lake with some people out in their canoes and birds flying around.
Only thing missing was a screen on the door but, not a big deal just closed it at night.
The breakfast the next morning was very filling much more than your average continental breakfast. With hot waffles, bacon, sausages, biscuits & gravy, eggs and assorted muffins & bagels along with cereal, fruits & juice.

On my previous stays I have always had an ocean view and, I can tell you from personal experience there is nothing like going to sleep and waking up to a beautiful view and sound of the ocean.
I have been hooked on this place since my first visit back in 06.
It is the best value in Lincoln City and even though it will no longer be called Lincoln City Inn I will still continue to stay here for many years to come!!

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the 4th floor much more quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
LincolnCityInn, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you for your very kind review. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. As the new General Manager, I strive to make sure that every guest that enters our doors feels as if they are welcomed by their own family and emphisize to all of my staff that they treat each and every guest as if they were welcoming their own families to our hotel, after all, our guest happiness is what earns their loyalty and keeps our lights on!
Look for even more good things to come in the future as we are joining the Choice Hotel franchise family as the new Quality Inn of Lincoln City.
Hope to see you soon!
Port Orchard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed here twice in the last week and both times thoroughly enjoyed our stay, we took oceanfront both times and were amazed at the view of the beachfront park right across the street from the 3rd deck of the hotel. If you've never stayed in Lincoln City Oregon before, we think this was the absolute best view for the money you can get in this town!!! Leave your balcony door ajar for the sounds and smells of the ocean right across the street and let the beach-crashing waves lull you to sleep here, awesome, will definitely stay again. They are converting to a Quality Inn on the 15 or 16th of this month of June, so it will loose it's quaint name of Lincoln City Inn, to Quality Inn, but it is still the best place I saw on the entire strip to stay!!!

Room Tip: The hotel has a jacuzzi and is going to have a fitness room, also has a guest laundry. Has a contine...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank You for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that our accommodations were to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again.
Salem area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I spend most of my time in the casino, so I'm always looking for a clean, comfortable low cost place to sleep. This was my first time at Lincoln City Inn and for the price, I was not disappointed. The room was clean (possibly freshly painted) and there were no stains or questionable spots on any of the furniture. They weren't very busy during my stay so I'm not sure if it's always this quiet, but I never heard anything once I was inside my room. I thought the continental breakfast was fine.

If you're going for a view, this isn't the place. I didn't see what the oceanside view was like, but the lakeside is nothing special, mostly businesses, streets, trees and a big blue roof. Since the view isn't my primary concern, it wasn't a real minus for me.

The staff was very helpful and pleasant. Coun't ask for better.

As someone else mentioned, there aren't any screens on the sliding door. My room got a bit warm, but opening the door wasn't really an option unless you want to be swatting bugs all night. I did turn on the air conditioner for a short time. It was pretty loud and might be bothersome for some people.

but again, for the price this is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!