“Decent” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
“Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

There's nothing special about this place it is just your generic Mexican food with a little bit if a high ticket depending on what you get.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Portland, Oregon
“This Chef Says La Roca the BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

La Roca served my family of 5 some of the best mexican food I have had anywhere. I've been a chef since 1985 and I am picky. I would specify what I ate, but we all ordered something different and all was excellent. The chile relleno was like a cloud--melted in my mouth. The beef burrito was large and juicy. The fajitas came out sizzling LOUD, with generous shrimp and peppers in a slightly thickened reduction which I believe was classic orange juice and cumin. If anything, the salasa served with chips tasted a bit like canned chili powder, but did not detract from the awesome food. La Roca is a destination to be sure and a benchmark for mexican food. Do NOT drive by without stopping. Even the margarita was very good; $5 of quality served on the rocks in an 8-ounce cocktail glass... as they should be.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tualatin
“A Burrito To Die For”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Every time we pass through Lincoln City we stop at La Roca. And I've reviewed it before. But I'm reviewing it again because in our latest visit I had a burrito to die for. If you like the salsa verde (the green stuff) they serve with the chips, order the Chile Verde Burrito. This has got to be the best mexican meal I ever had. What makes it great is the salsa verde which has bite and a certain sweetness (it reminds me of mint chutney in an Indian restaurant). Combine that with very tasty and tender pork, at least two cheeses, and the flour tortilla wrapper and it's something great!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Depoe Bay, Oregon
“Huge Portions, Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Great spot for lunch in Lincoln City. Not what I call totally authentic but pretty close. It's a nice clean restaurant with a friendly staff that keeps the chips and salsa coming while you wait. The portion size are very generous and some and are just downright huge. Most the stuff I have tried is not very spicy but that is what Tapatio is for. ;)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oregon
“The Burritos are massive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Small place in a shopping strip with a Christmas shop. Mostly locals eating when we came in so we took that as a good sign. Ordered a veggie burrito and I thought a quesadilla but the plate arrived with an enchilada. Not sure if that was my mistake or our server who seemed a bit confused. It didn't really matter as it was all tasty. The biggest burritos I have ever seen bursting at the seams with goodness. If you have hungry teenagers the burrito is an incredible value. The chips were hot and we were served a spicy green salsa and red salsa. It was so much food I only made it through half the plate. Its a small establishment and it filled up as we finished our meal so we waited a long time for a check. Two huge plates of food and two ice teas for $20.50. We would most likely go back on our next trip to the coast.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere