“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Whistling Winds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Whistling Winds Motel
You added Whistling Winds Motel to your Saves list
3264 NW Jetty Ave, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great stay within easy walk to the beach. Open your window and hear the waves crashing. Stayed with 15 month old and wife and had a good experience. Staff were friendly. Clean rooms. Love the wood paneling. Make sure you visit their website so you can understand the ins and outs of each rooming option. It makes a big difference as the rooms are quite diverse.

Room Tip: Room we chose was a decent price and we were aware it would be very small, but enjoyed our stay in t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Vancouver, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Although I hate to give a high rating usually, I will for this place because of customer service alone. Kim bent over backwards for us and was always very helpful. The room was wonderful and held the four of us very comfortably. Having the two bedrooms was great as there were 3 women and 1 man. Our stay was peaceful, relaxful and full of memories. It was only about a block and a half to the beach and not far to restaurants and the casino.

I hesitate to rate this motel at all because I don't want my little treasure to become so popular that I won't be able to get reservations when I want them. This was my second time at Whistling Winds and I hope not my last.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
historicgetaway, Manager at Whistling Winds Motel, responded to this review, September 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad that you had a good time while staying here at the Whistling Winds Motel. It was a great pleasure meeting you, I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you back here again soon. Look for our WINTER SPECIALS ONLINE.
smithfield, ut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights due to a family reunion in the area. I booked far in advance and was excited to stay here because of the many positive reviews. After stepping into the room, I can't imagine why someone would rate it above poor.

Here are just some of the problems with the room we stayed in (the rooster room): The cheap carpet has no padding and you can feel lumps all over the floor, I counted 5 air fresheners located various places around the room to hide the old musty smell, there is duct tape around the windows (holding them in?? I'm not sure), the electrical is from the early 20th century, there was no attention to detail when painting (light switches are painted over and paint job is sloppy), it's not clean, stains on mattresses, there is no washer and dryer for guests (which surprised me for a hotel close to the beach), there is no room cleaning during your stay, they charge $25 if they find any unwashed dishes after you leave (you trust the people before you to have cleaned the dishes well due to no dishwasher), bathroom door doesn't lock.

There were some positive things about the room: Good fridge and stove, the beds were stained but my part of the bed was comfortable. After looking closer at the mattress, you could tell they were worn, we didn't see any bugs, staff seemed friendly, it was about a block and a half from the beach, free wifi, smell in the room was motivation to get out and see what Lincoln City had to offer.

When we first arrived, we had to ask for toilet paper because there was none in the room, they told us to take care of our towels because there was no maid service, I asked to use a vacuum and cleaning supplies after day 4 because I can't take being in a room and not having it clean. They could have offered to clean it but didn't. We didn't dare leave the windows closed because of the build up of smell (we always left them open and took our valuables with us). I do think we paid too much for the room and am sad it's one of the things I'll remember about my Oregon vacation. We drove 14 hours to get there and I was hoping for more. The room reminded me more of a playhouse for kids, not a room adults would pay for. I included some pictures. They could easily remove this room because it's not part of the other hotel. I think I read it used to be a cafe for the hotel. I would be embarrassed to rent out a room like this. At the very least, it needs to be remodeled by someone who cares and pays attention to detail. It would then need to be kept up and cleaned regularly (like most other hotels).

The Whistling WInds Motel has the potential to be a nice place to stay. I wouldn't stay here again unless I did a walk through to see what I was getting into. Unfortunately, I needed to book in advance (because of a holiday weekend) and saw there was no other rooms to move into during our stay. They have a limited amount of rooms with 2 queen beds. Good luck- traveling is sometimes a gamble.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the rooster room. It's old and needs to be remodeled.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
historicgetaway, Owner at Whistling Winds Motel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
The Rooster Room is our last room to renovate at the Whistling Winds. I'm sorry the guests were unhappy. I would like them to come back and stay a free night. They can have a fun time at the beach and see the workmanship, decor and renovation in any of the other rooms. It's been hard work but lots of fun restoring this motel . I want to show them how nice the rooms are at the Whistling Winds. The ratings are high because guests love the craftsmanship and the unique choice of rooms offered for every occasion. I hope these guests give our motel another try.

Karen
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We chose the Love Shack and were pleasantly surprised. Hot tub was huge and endless hot water was a plus! We were celebrating our 19 year anniversary so didn't require much. Close to the beach and very quiet. Staff was great! This will definitely be our favorite place for all future stays at the coast!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

What's not to like-clean room, comfortable bed,hot water, wi-fi. walk to the beach take a right out of the hotel, walk to a great restaurant (Mist at Surf Tides) take a left out of the hotel, and friendly helpful staff. There are a few things we didn't like, but there are remedies.
-No easy chair to sit in for reading or putting your socks on -the bed and 2 chairs provided are too high:select a room with an easy chair, each room is slightly different.
-TV up at the ceiling is way too high and remote only works if you hold it up in the air:don't watch TV, instead read or walk on the beach.
-Too light to sleep well even with blinds drawn:get some large black garbage bags and drape over the windows at night.

Room Tip: Overall the smaller rooms are OK for 1-2 days, but if you stay longer get a large room with a kitche...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Room #16 is called "The Sleeper" with a single bed and a Queen. It has the feel of a "ships cabin" with natural wood everywhere. The coffee pot sits on a dresser with a glass jar of ground coffee and a candy dish full of salt water taffy ready for enjoyment. On the bedside table is a guest book going back to 2006 where folks have left their stories about staying at the motel. It was great fun to read them. Yes, this is a Mom and Pop place, but it's clean and nice. Every room is different, so check out their website and look at the photos. You can walk to the beach or a casino.
I will be going back for sure!

Room Tip: Please check out the website to select a room because each one is different and a lot depends on who...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Wonderful wood cabin cottages. Full kitchens available. Beds were cozy and warm. Stone fireplaces. Beach access (no stairs!) across the street a few yards away. Casino walking distance. A well-kept secret! It's not a fancy place but sure works for cozy getaway.

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Whistling Winds Motel? Share your experiences!