“Heaven at the beach” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Gresham, Oregon
“Heaven at the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

We loved the room's simple, updated decor and colors, loved the jacuzzi tub on the deck overlooking the ocean, and loved the fireplace. Only wished it was a wood buring fireplace, but certainly understand the liability and maintenance involved is not cost effective or environmentally friendly. The Front Desk Staff was awesome! We loved this place! It is a historic beachfront property I am familar with growing up in Lincoln City and it was pleasurable to see how it has been updated. I love it! We will be back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Redmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

I checked the hotels on line before picking one. This hotel just stood out amongst the rest. We did not make a reservation but they were fine with that. I also liked how they gave us keys to different rooms to check out before we choose where to stay (I've never had that happen before). I love the size of the room and the comfort of the bed. The robes were a nice touch. I loved the hot tub!!! It was a bit of a walk up stairs but the website said that there was no elevator so I was prepared.
My husband and I said that we wanted to come back next year, either for our anniversary or just to get away. I can't wait.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

since we are new to the area i was going into this little trip to the coast blindly. therefore, i thought if i could share some information for other people looking it would be helpful. if you are travelling with children you need to know that unless your child is 12 or older you are only allowed to stay on the 1st & 4th floors. you don't want to stay on the 4th floor you are basically staying in rooms that look out onto the stairwell to the beach. therefore, there are people walking by your room constantly. we were on the 5th floor. o.k. but keep in mind that the windows do not have screens on them and there isn't much of a breeze. so, if you are going when it's hot -- you'll want a room that faces the ocean for the breeze. the way the hotel is situated even most of the 5th floor rooms face a walkway, granted with less foot traffic.. although i have to say some of the adults that were staying on our floor were louder than most children i know. funny isn't it.. you do walk down quite a few stairs to the beach if you are staying on the upper level so keep that in mind if you don't like stairs or they are a challenge. the rooms was clean and the beds were o.k. one more thing to note, their were lights shining into our room from outside - it made our room on the brighter side. no way to block it out.

• Stayed September 2010
Aloha, Oregon, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

I like to think of myself as an expert in hospitality. Which means I am also very demanding when it comes to customer service. But, I always give credit where credit is due. Well- it is certainly due here.

The staff has always been very accommodating and welcoming upon arrival, (even when we arrive early). Our reservations have never been lost or mixed up, and they have a very cozy but inviting front lobby. Dianna's team, especially Nick and Tina have always been above and beyond my expectations.

The rooms are beautiful. I love the color scheme and the modern feel. I live in my bathrobe when we stay there. It is so comfy! Speaking of comfy- my boyfriend hates every hotel bed we have ever slept on EXCEPT here. And he is picky! They have amazing beds.

This is a hotel that I would certainly recommend for any couple wanting a romantic weekend. I feel that children could stay at the hotel with no problem (though there are more kid friendly locations I would advise them to go to- maybe since I prefer not to see/hear kids on my romantic weekends at the beach).

There are stairs to get to certain rooms (I have stayed at 3 of the company's locations), but nothing out of the ordinary for an average adult to handle. And it is always posted on the website if there are stairs to get to the room.

We love these properties (especially Beachfront Manor), and look forward to our next stay in just a few weeks!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Spokane Valley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Reserved this room for our wedding night and were amazed with how beautiful "the whole shebang" romance package is! Well worth the additional cost. The room was tastefully decorated and the king size bed was very comfortable. We liked that the room we stayed in was only one flight of stairs from the beach. The view off the private balcony was incredible.

We will definately return for our one year anniversary. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Redmond, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

LOVE this hotel. I will never stay anywhere on the coast but here! Rooms are BRIGHT and cheery and beach feel. You dont even have to leave the room and you feel like your on the beach. The surf is loud and super relaxing!

You will not be dissapointed. BOOK NOW! We stayed in the 6th floor hot tub room on the left corner. Felt like a private condo! :)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for our 8yr Wedding Anniversary. First, I'll list the positives...
--Nicely painted room. Decor was nice.
--View was nice.
--Hot Tub was nice.
--Deck had a lot of room
--Bed was nicer than we thought. We expected a soft bed, but it was pretty firm. Good for us.
--Nice sized HD TV and dvd player to watch movies.
--Private and was rather sound proof. You couldn't even hear the TV when the sliding glass door was open. We didn't really hear anyone in any other room.
--Gas fireplace. That's pretty cool. Fake wood obviously.

Now, the bad....
--no screens on windows and no screen door. this leads to...
--TOO warm. Climate control sucked. The remote for the fireplace seemed pretty cheap and the fireplace would never shut off. Every time we left, for maybe 30 mins, it got to 75 degrees each time. We had to keep the sliding glass door open to cool it off. We'd have LOVED to keep it and the windows open at night, but no screens so no go.
--Only one night stand. I had to use a bar stool for my fan. (at least the room came with one, so my wife didn't have to buy one)
--Sink, though nice and fit the room decor and theme, isn't made to be a multi-purpose sink. Too shallow and water splashed every where. It was pretty coo looking though.
--Room wasn't stocked with toilet paper. We had half a roll when we got there and had to call to get more. Kind of weird.
--Room was pretty clean except for the cobwebs. Especially on the ceiling. Plus the ceiling had obvious water damage and the paint was peeling around the edges. Woke up the third day and had a couple spiders on the ceiling. awesome!
--For the size of the deck, only had three green plastic lawn chairs. It could have easily used a table. They don't maximize it. If we wanted to have a drink on the deck, no place to put it but on the ground.
--There was NO handy TV channel listings like even the cheap places have. We had to guess which channels were what. And if you turned off the tv and turned it later (even a couple minutes), it would always go back to Ch.2.
--If you have an HD TV, get some HD channels. The channels were fuzzy because they were digital and not HD. If you have an HD TV and receiver, you know what I am talking about.
--DVD player connection wasn't "great". Had "wiggly" soft lines while watching movies. Since cords were hidden, kind of hard to try and fix it.
--Last, we had a lovely wake up call we didn't ask for...by the cleaning person on our last day at 9:15am. We were asked when we first checked in if we wanted maid service. We said "no, we'd be there often" and they said to just call them if we needed something. Well, we didn't call for the 9:15am. We heard the door unlock then a "oh sorry" and the door close and lock. We told the lady at the front desk and really, she seemed not to give a care at all. Like "oh well"....Not too cool.

Anyways, we did enjoy ourselves for the most part. I don't know if we'd recommend the place unless they made some improvements. We think the Starfish Hotel is the nicer of the two, but if they are going to advertise it like they do, they might want to pick it up some. All in all, it's ok but I think we'll explore other areas.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Beachfront Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!