My wife and I stayed here for our 8yr Wedding Anniversary. First, I'll list the positives...
--Nicely painted room. Decor was nice.
--View was nice.
--Hot Tub was nice.
--Deck had a lot of room
--Bed was nicer than we thought. We expected a soft bed, but it was pretty firm. Good for us.
--Nice sized HD TV and dvd player to watch movies.
--Private and was rather sound proof. You couldn't even hear the TV when the sliding glass door was open. We didn't really hear anyone in any other room.
--Gas fireplace. That's pretty cool. Fake wood obviously.
Now, the bad....
--no screens on windows and no screen door. this leads to...
--TOO warm. Climate control sucked. The remote for the fireplace seemed pretty cheap and the fireplace would never shut off. Every time we left, for maybe 30 mins, it got to 75 degrees each time. We had to keep the sliding glass door open to cool it off. We'd have LOVED to keep it and the windows open at night, but no screens so no go.
--Only one night stand. I had to use a bar stool for my fan. (at least the room came with one, so my wife didn't have to buy one)
--Sink, though nice and fit the room decor and theme, isn't made to be a multi-purpose sink. Too shallow and water splashed every where. It was pretty coo looking though.
--Room wasn't stocked with toilet paper. We had half a roll when we got there and had to call to get more. Kind of weird.
--Room was pretty clean except for the cobwebs. Especially on the ceiling. Plus the ceiling had obvious water damage and the paint was peeling around the edges. Woke up the third day and had a couple spiders on the ceiling. awesome!
--For the size of the deck, only had three green plastic lawn chairs. It could have easily used a table. They don't maximize it. If we wanted to have a drink on the deck, no place to put it but on the ground.
--There was NO handy TV channel listings like even the cheap places have. We had to guess which channels were what. And if you turned off the tv and turned it later (even a couple minutes), it would always go back to Ch.2.
--If you have an HD TV, get some HD channels. The channels were fuzzy because they were digital and not HD. If you have an HD TV and receiver, you know what I am talking about.
--DVD player connection wasn't "great". Had "wiggly" soft lines while watching movies. Since cords were hidden, kind of hard to try and fix it.
--Last, we had a lovely wake up call we didn't ask for...by the cleaning person on our last day at 9:15am. We were asked when we first checked in if we wanted maid service. We said "no, we'd be there often" and they said to just call them if we needed something. Well, we didn't call for the 9:15am. We heard the door unlock then a "oh sorry" and the door close and lock. We told the lady at the front desk and really, she seemed not to give a care at all. Like "oh well"....Not too cool.
Anyways, we did enjoy ourselves for the most part. I don't know if we'd recommend the place unless they made some improvements. We think the Starfish Hotel is the nicer of the two, but if they are going to advertise it like they do, they might want to pick it up some. All in all, it's ok but I think we'll explore other areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lincoln City's "must see" on the oceanfront. This 30 boutique hotel will re-open with new owners and a complete renovation on 5/18/07. Oceanfront, ocean view, & non-view units - so luxury units in every price range. Hotel is right on the beach with direct beach access. Rooms offer pillow top mattresses, upgraded linens & robes, flat screen TVs, DVD, microwaves, small refrigerators - decorated with "spa like feeling." Oceanfront & ocean view units have cozy gas fire places. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Beachfront Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachfront Manor Boutique Hotel
- Beachfront Manor Lincoln City