We stayed at the Beachfront Manor on 02/2008 and we stayed in the ocean view room on the fith floor which now has a hot tub, but didn't then. We enjoyed it then, but noticed the same thing we noticed on this trip in 2009, there is not enough attention to detail. But the hotel tries hard. It is a nice place to stay.
On this particular trip, which was totally spontaneous, we did something uncharacteristic and decided we would stay on budget and do everything cheap. So, we selected the "OnTheBeachFront" properties because we had a 3 nights for 2 deal. We selected one of the only rooms available as we had decided to go at the last minute, and it we knew it would be small, and without a hot tub. But we decided to rough it because of the very low cost (70.00 a night with the deal). The room would have been about 99.00 a night normally. After we opened the door of 604 and viewed what little view there was on the North side, we decided instantly this wouldn't do. The North views from the small rooms, overlook the roof of the lovely sprawling Surftides hotel directly adjacent, and little else. The front desk, on request, moved us as far forward as they could onto the South side of the 6th floor next to the top floor hot tup room into 609. This was acceptable. To be fair to the very nice lady at the desk, she offered us a recent cancellation for a hot tub room, but my wife and I wanted to stay on budget and they didn't accept my counter offer for the upgrade. Oh well.......................
The small rooms on the 6th floor are quirky and very small (13x 14 or so in the main bed area), and the bathroom and outer sink area very, very small. In this tiny space, you have a refrig. and a Microwave, along with a coffeepot. The room lacks storage big time so plan on living out of your luggage. They have a tiny little round table, two chairs, and that is also your platform for your tiny little ironing board if you need it and your spacious dining room. The bed is nice, small (small queen), but very confortable. The TV is fine and mounted above the gas fireplace which also works fine, but you will find it totally unnecessary unless it is below freezing outside. This room is HOT! It is stuffy, and you cannot be comfortable unless you leave a window open. We were there on a 60 deg. weekend with rains and wind, and we had to constantly sop up the rain water and leave a towel on the sill at night. Sleeping at night without the window open wasn't even remotely possible.
What the staff needs to do is install a closet organizer so you can store clothes. They need a couple of wall racks to hold things like remotes. They do provide an easy to use DVD which was nice. The main thing is you will be cramped, you will need to improvise for space, and there is a lot of possibility to do better with what they have, but at the end of the day it was acceptable, and for the cost a good value. If you are not traveling alone, or with someone you want to be up close and personal with, DON'T take any of these small rooms. We will stay at their properties again, but we are going to do Nantucket or Nelscott next time. And finally, special mention to the incredible, hard working, never stops all day maintenance guy. He just works all day to keep the place clean, and is always busy taking care of something. The housekeeping folks are also very nice.
So all in all, to summarize the stay, it is a nice place, on a nice beach, the folks there are nice, and the room was SMALL!!! See pics on this review.
- Also Known As:
- Beachfront Manor Boutique Hotel
- Beachfront Manor Lincoln City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lincoln City's "must see" on the oceanfront. This 30 boutique hotel will re-open with new owners and a complete renovation on 5/18/07. Oceanfront, ocean view, & non-view units - so luxury units in every price range. Hotel is right on the beach with direct beach access. Rooms offer pillow top mattresses, upgraded linens & robes, flat screen TVs, DVD, microwaves, small refrigerators - decorated with "spa like feeling." Oceanfront & ocean view units have cozy gas fire places. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Beachfront Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.