“Great Place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel
You added Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel to your Saves list
2735 NW Inlet Ave, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
dzrs
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

Great place to stay in Lincoln City. Location Is perfect. It is literally right on the beach. It was a little hard to find at night since it's on the last road until you get to the ocean and the residential streets aren't that well lit. Most importantly the rooms have comfortable beds and fantastic views.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
MIdwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

A friend and I basically stumbled upon this little gem. We wanted to be on the coast with a walk-out so we could go outside and enjoy the ocean. We found a great suite with fireplace, jacuzzi, mini-bar, and sliding glass door overlooking the beach. It was new, clean, nicely decorated and with two of us splitting the cost, affordable. It was just down the street from a great little restaurant - I think that was called the Black Rose or Black Pearl. Something like that. We loved it and would go back in a heartbeat.

• Liked — It was a cool place - loved the fireplace and jacuzzi
  • Disliked — Didn't see stairs to the beach
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

This was our second time staying at the starfish manor and we loved it, again. We took my parents for their 49th wedding anniversary and we stayed in the Bella suite. Its a two bedroom suite that is everything you could imagine. Rose petals and chocolates on the bed, comfy robes and the plushest sectional sofa in the world. The Jacuzzi tub in the King master suite is wonderful and has an awesome ocean view, and as if that isn't enough, the hot tub on the balcony is the perfect way to end the day. The weather was perfect and the time was enjoyed by all. My parents kept saying "they have never stayed in such a clean luxurious room. The staff is very accomodating and treat you like royalty. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a romantic gettaway or a peaceful place to stay. It was our littel piece of heaven. If you venture out, which is really hard to do, because you have everything you could want, make sure you go up the road to the Blackfish cafe. Its wonderful. Amber and Laurie were amazing. We will definitely be back and soon....

Stayed February 2008
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2007

If you are looking for the perfect coastal getaway with romance and relaxation.....LOOK no further! We have stayed here twice this year! Once in May for my Birthday then again this October for our 2nd Anniversary! We are looking forward to spending more time in this perfect setting! ~Tina and Jack~

• Liked — The Warm Feeling it gives you the minute you walk in.
  • Disliked — Having to leave!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2007

My husband and I just returned from a three week road trip along the California and Oregon Coast where we stayed at new places every one or two nights. It was an awesome trip with the exception of the one night we stayed at the Starfish Manor Hotel in Lincoln City. My husband upgraded to a Jacuzzi room ($$$) the night we were there; we were celebrating our anniversary. When he checked-in he had to wait while "the desk lady" was on the phone. While waiting, he could hear the conversation which consisted of the her nasty, curt comments to the obvious guest on the other end of the line. When my very kind, never say a bad thing about anyone, husband returned to the car his first comment was "what a ***** the young lady was who checked him in. Once settled in our room, we decide to take a walk on the beach as this is a beachside hotel and the reason most people stay beachside is to go to the beach, right? We went downstairs to the office to ask "the desk lady" how we accessed the beach as there was no direct hotel access, nor any we could readily see. She looked at us with this annoyed, condescending look and then turning away, in an evasive, terse, nasty tone said we could walk up the beach or down the beach and find entrances. "Gee, thanks!" Later when it was time to check our email we discovered that we needed an access code from the hotel to get on-line. I got my courage up and went downstairs to get the password. Can you imagine paying all the money we were for this room and being reticent about asking an hotel employees for help? I went downstairs as no one ever answered the phone when we called the front desk; no one was there. I had to wait about 10 minutes for "the desk lady" to show up which seemed very strange. No apolgies were were offered, either. Now, remember, I had just been in an hour or so ago with "the beach access" question and proceeded to ask for the wireless code. I was rudely informed "you have to be staying at the hotel to use the code." Did she think I just walked off the street (actually a maze of backstreets and alleys) to use their wireless service? Needless to say, at this point, my husband and I were furious that we had gone to all of the trouble to find a place to stay in Lincoln City; with all of the choices there, we selected this place, and, we had to endure being treated this way, with totally unacceptable behavior. Oh!, If you are wondering about the overpriced room, there was a journal entry from the room guest book five months prior that noted the lack of any hot water. The hotel still hadn't fixed that problem along with the continuous beeping fire alarm. I won't reveal their wireless username in case you are in the vicinity and want to access their wireless service, but the totally ironic thing is The Starfish Manor Hotel's wireless password is "beachfun"! We think not!

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — The insulting, condescending desk staff and not fixing major room problem, can you imagine not fixing hot water in a room for five months?
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
beachfrontdianna, Owner at Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2007
As the owner of the hotel I am very sorry that this guest experienced this kind of horrible service. And as you can see from all the other reviews it is not typical at all! I will personally be looking into this and this front desk person will be let go upon verification this happened. Future guests can expect to be appreciated and have a wonderful romantic stay - just like the many previous guests that have posted.
Forest Grove,OR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

This was our 35th anniversary and we wanted something very special but what we got was a roof top to look at. We paid over $200.00 a night and we got to look at the roof. They said it was ocean front it wasn't . If we had only paid $125.00 a night this would not have been that big of a problem because you don't expect ocean front but come on people looking at a roof top you have got to be kidding me. Our DVD player didn't work either and they don't have any extras to exchange out so we couldn't relax and watch a good movie. You had to tell them you wanted room service otherwise you didn't get it. We were both very disappointed and would not reccomend this to anyone.

• Liked — not much
  • Disliked — the view of the roof top
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
beachfrontdianna, Owner at Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2008
These people did NOT stay at the Starfish Manor Hotel. We are OCEANFRONT with no buildings or rooftops between us and the beach.

I believe they stayed at our sister property called the Beachfront Manor Hotel.
White Marsh, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

My husband and I really needed a vacation -- it had been four long and very difficult years since our last one, so I was really counting on this place being as nice as their website portrayed it. It was even better than I imagined! Very quiet (not really a child-friendly place, so few children are present, and that does make for a more serene atmosphere.) As others have written, the little touches in the rooms are wonderful. Rose petals, good chocolates, fireplaces, incredible bed linens, lovely soap (I just bought some so we could keep the vacation high going)...and the views! The first room we checked into, in their property next door, the Beachfront Manor, was not to our liking, (a perfectly nice room, but I was being very particular) so they offered us other accommodations. Because it's the height of the season, the place was full, so we actually ended up staying in three different rooms during our 5-day stay. That turned out to be fun. One had an in-room Jacuzzi up against the huge window overlooking the ocean, another a hot tub on the private deck, a third with a flat screen TV and views on two sides, just three stories above the sand. The staff were very responsive to any request -- everyone was warm and friendly. I can’t wait to go back again!

• Liked — the beauty -- inside and out
  • Disliked — erratic wireless service -- not really a big deal
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel? Share your experiences!