“Give this a chance, don't be scared by the bad reviews” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

You added Rodeway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1070 SE 1st Street, Lincoln City, OR 97367 (Formerly Crown Pacifiq Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #35 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Keizer OR
“Give this a chance, don't be scared by the bad reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

I was a bit aprehensive with regard to the negative reviews so I made several phone calls asking about 'sticky' floors, smoke smells, etc. Sheila, the new manager, was very patient and answered all of my questions and even made an offer to open both sliders in our room so it could air out. (which she did) When we arrived Sheila gave us the key and told us to go up and look at the room to see if we would be happy with it before she checked us in. So up the elevator we go and the room was just fine. True, the furniture is older and the cabinetry of the kitchenette is showing some wear and tear. However, what hotel of any age does not show wear and tear? Guests do not treat hotel rooms kindly. Our room (202) has an ocean view that is much better than some of the expensive houses we have rented at Road's End, and it has a lake view. The bedroom has a queen sized bed, 2 end tables, lamps and a TV. The main room has a queen sized bed and a sofa sleeper, a small dining table and chairs, a TV cabinet with drawers for clothes and the ktichenette (stove, fridge and dishwaser, sink and microwave, dishes and flatware). Yes, the carpets could stand a replacement and I am sure that each room will get the rehabs when the occupancy goes up and there is money for it! Now the third floor is being painted, carpets shampooed etc. so management is trying to address some of the past complaints.
Pets are accepted for $10 per night and our Bella was even given her own little 'pet' towel to dry off with after a trip in the rain to the beach!
Bottom line - you are not staying at a Holiday Inn Express or other big chain property with lots of money for constant rehabs. You are staying at a small place with under cover parking (free), an elevator, a very caring staff in a prime spot across 101 from the D Sands wayside. For $59 for a standard room and $95 for a one bedroom suite why would you expect brand spankin' new anything?
So, for the naysayers, I'm sorry you couldn't look beyond a bit of dated decor and just enjoy the location, the view and the wonderful staff! For the rest of you, DO give this place a chance. If you don't like the smell of cleaning supplys bring some Fabreeze. We did but did not need to use it!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dallas, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

Staff was friendly enough. Carpet all over the building was in bad need of cleaning. I walked down the hall in light socks and they black on the bottom after only a few feet.
Repairs on wall not even painted over. One of the only accessible outlets had a broken cover. I was told on the phone they had internet. I picked it up from across the street. The breakfast was stale donuts. TV had HBO but not much else. 1 pop and ice machine and they were on the 3rd floor. I had to find this out from another visitor. This place was rated 2 stars on Priceline. I am not happy with them either. I paid 60 bucks for this? I had 2 kids with me and they were repelled by the room. There was a spa. This is an older place but It is sadly in need of some TLC. I have stayed in older places before but nothing like this.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Naples
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

I booked this hotel on priceline and will never do this again. Priceline did not give me enough information or as we would like to say "withheld" some information.

The motel is across the street from the ocean, they claim the rooms are "Ocean Front". Well yes...if you look past the parking lot, the main street, and then the parking lot across the street then yes...I can see an ocean. To name the list of things the hotel is lacking I had to literally comprise a list:

- No extra pillows...yes...there is NO additional pillows available...they are all in the rooms (four per)
- No air conditioner. If they had a screened door, this would of been fine since I would not want the seagulls to walk into my room from the roof. Yes the "balcony" is not a balcony...but we will get to this later.
- The T.V. is about 20"
- Dresser is lower than your knee in height
- The balcony comprises of a slab of five feet by three feet concrete with a metal railing that you can climb over to walk on the roof...yes you are sitting on the roof and viewing the lovely bird poop before you hit the parking lot, the street, the second parking lot and then finally the ocean.
- There is no screen so be careful of keeping your door open for cool air, because the seagulls do get quite close to the doors while they walk around the roof.
- There is an indoor jacuzzi, no pool
- Everything is very very old. Clean...but old.
- No Ice Machine
- No Vending Machine
- This is literally a room with beds, a microwave, a small refrigerator and a bathroom. Nothing more.

The above I would consider the "extra" needed info. I should mention that when we were at the front desk trying to cancel our reservation due to the lack of everything, we were not the only ones. There were two other parties trying to cancel as well and surprisingly....they both booked online too.

I have to say though that my hotel room was not as bad as their's! One of their rooms, the sink fell out from the wall!!

So this is what I would consider the adequate information that I would like to know before traveling 3200 miles to stay four nights in a less then mediocre hotel!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
kellygrl6441
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

We booked the CP Inn for a weekend on my 21st b-day three months in advance. When we arrived, they only gave us one room and the lady tried to tell us that we had only booked one room ( we already paid for two rooms and were in a party of 6 people.) The lady at the desk told us that we should come back in a little bit and they MIGHT have things straightened out. At this point we would have looked or another hotel, however, EVERY hotel was booked on the Oregon coast due to 100+ degree weather in the valley. After lunch we came back and there was someone else at the desk and she gave us our keys. There's only one key per room and you have to pay $5 extra if you want another one. EVERYTHING in that hotel was CHEAP AND DIRTY!

Our rooms were not clean at all, there were even little candy wrappers on the floor from the previous users. The carpets were matted and sticky and there was even white hair al over the floors (everyone in our party was a brunette). our headboard wasn't even attached to the bed, it was just laying there crooked against the wall. All of the furniture looked asthough it was salvaged from a dumpster and the seat cusions were stained and sticky as well. Even though it is common knowledge that the bed comforters are never washed, our's had yellow stains on the backs of them and were labled with the names of other hotels. Not to mention our mattresses were exposed because the sheets didn't fit and they were extremely discusting. Both beds in our rooms had massive stains on both the mattress and boxpring. also, We ran out of toilet paper and were yelled at by the lady at the front desk for even asking for another roll. This place was pathetic!

• Liked — The Drive Home!!
  • Disliked — Cheap and Dirty!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
pasco , Wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

I just recently stayed in this Motel and i must say that is was a very nice stay, i been reading all the reviews and i can not say that i can agree with most of what was said. Everyone keeps saying ohh my the breakfast..... last i was informed a continental breakfast consisted of doughnuts or a form of muffin or pastries and coffee as they clearly advertise that is what is served .... so i don't understand what all the huffing is about. The staff was most helpful and friendly in every way and if i had the smallest question or request helped in every way possible with a smile.
As i just now was reading about the lady with the complaint with the lice and i must say the rooms where clean an compfortable, i can not complain about anything there , but here is my concern , you knew your son had lice ( and last i checked it takes about seven days for them to hatch , so i am wondering about getting them on a one night stay) but again knowing he had them you took him to an other motel and spread them there. I sure would rather know what motel you knowingly took him too so i can avoid it since you instead of takeing him home insisted on spreading them.
Again the stay i had was wonderful and the people there are great.
I sure be back

• Liked — All the staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland, OR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

As was mentioned in other reviews (wish I had seen before I booked) the breakfast was non-existant, there was no wireless or inroom internet.

While the room appeared clean, it wasn't really. My son has contracted lice from this establishment. Yes I'm sure he contracted it here. To top it off when I was checking out a night early (to go to another hotel) the clerk did not believe me. Nor did it seem was going to do anything about the lice issue.

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!
Sleep in your car it has to be safer.

• Liked — Nothing! It's a Dump!
  • Disliked — the lice
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2008

BAD STUFF:
Older run down/shabby hotel. Dirty, tattered, natty.
NO AIR CONDITIONING.
NO LOCKS on sliding glass (exterior) doors
NO CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST--as advertised--.... 3-day old doughnuts, frozen muffins, and cheap coffee...
NO WIRELESS INTERNET--as advertised-- ("oh, they're working on it")
Hole in room wall
Floor not vacuumed
NO remote control to TV
PHONE wouldn't ring front desk (I had to make it back down 3 floors to ask a question of the desk clerk)

GOOD STUFF:
Nice, friendly staff
Easy covered parking

• Liked — Covered parking
  • Disliked — Lack of delivered promises (no internet, very poor "breakfast", not beachfront)
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!