“Beware!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

You added Rodeway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1070 SE 1st Street, Lincoln City, OR 97367 (Formerly Crown Pacifiq Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #34 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Naples
“Beware!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

I booked this hotel on priceline and will never do this again. Priceline did not give me enough information or as we would like to say "withheld" some information.

The motel is across the street from the ocean, they claim the rooms are "Ocean Front". Well yes...if you look past the parking lot, the main street, and then the parking lot across the street then yes...I can see an ocean. To name the list of things the hotel is lacking I had to literally comprise a list:

- No extra pillows...yes...there is NO additional pillows available...they are all in the rooms (four per)
- No air conditioner. If they had a screened door, this would of been fine since I would not want the seagulls to walk into my room from the roof. Yes the "balcony" is not a balcony...but we will get to this later.
- The T.V. is about 20"
- Dresser is lower than your knee in height
- The balcony comprises of a slab of five feet by three feet concrete with a metal railing that you can climb over to walk on the roof...yes you are sitting on the roof and viewing the lovely bird poop before you hit the parking lot, the street, the second parking lot and then finally the ocean.
- There is no screen so be careful of keeping your door open for cool air, because the seagulls do get quite close to the doors while they walk around the roof.
- There is an indoor jacuzzi, no pool
- Everything is very very old. Clean...but old.
- No Ice Machine
- No Vending Machine
- This is literally a room with beds, a microwave, a small refrigerator and a bathroom. Nothing more.

The above I would consider the "extra" needed info. I should mention that when we were at the front desk trying to cancel our reservation due to the lack of everything, we were not the only ones. There were two other parties trying to cancel as well and surprisingly....they both booked online too.

I have to say though that my hotel room was not as bad as their's! One of their rooms, the sink fell out from the wall!!

So this is what I would consider the adequate information that I would like to know before traveling 3200 miles to stay four nights in a less then mediocre hotel!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
kellygrl6441
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

We booked the CP Inn for a weekend on my 21st b-day three months in advance. When we arrived, they only gave us one room and the lady tried to tell us that we had only booked one room ( we already paid for two rooms and were in a party of 6 people.) The lady at the desk told us that we should come back in a little bit and they MIGHT have things straightened out. At this point we would have looked or another hotel, however, EVERY hotel was booked on the Oregon coast due to 100+ degree weather in the valley. After lunch we came back and there was someone else at the desk and she gave us our keys. There's only one key per room and you have to pay $5 extra if you want another one. EVERYTHING in that hotel was CHEAP AND DIRTY!

Our rooms were not clean at all, there were even little candy wrappers on the floor from the previous users. The carpets were matted and sticky and there was even white hair al over the floors (everyone in our party was a brunette). our headboard wasn't even attached to the bed, it was just laying there crooked against the wall. All of the furniture looked asthough it was salvaged from a dumpster and the seat cusions were stained and sticky as well. Even though it is common knowledge that the bed comforters are never washed, our's had yellow stains on the backs of them and were labled with the names of other hotels. Not to mention our mattresses were exposed because the sheets didn't fit and they were extremely discusting. Both beds in our rooms had massive stains on both the mattress and boxpring. also, We ran out of toilet paper and were yelled at by the lady at the front desk for even asking for another roll. This place was pathetic!

• Liked — The Drive Home!!
  • Disliked — Cheap and Dirty!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
pasco , Wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

I just recently stayed in this Motel and i must say that is was a very nice stay, i been reading all the reviews and i can not say that i can agree with most of what was said. Everyone keeps saying ohh my the breakfast..... last i was informed a continental breakfast consisted of doughnuts or a form of muffin or pastries and coffee as they clearly advertise that is what is served .... so i don't understand what all the huffing is about. The staff was most helpful and friendly in every way and if i had the smallest question or request helped in every way possible with a smile.
As i just now was reading about the lady with the complaint with the lice and i must say the rooms where clean an compfortable, i can not complain about anything there , but here is my concern , you knew your son had lice ( and last i checked it takes about seven days for them to hatch , so i am wondering about getting them on a one night stay) but again knowing he had them you took him to an other motel and spread them there. I sure would rather know what motel you knowingly took him too so i can avoid it since you instead of takeing him home insisted on spreading them.
Again the stay i had was wonderful and the people there are great.
I sure be back

• Liked — All the staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland, OR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

As was mentioned in other reviews (wish I had seen before I booked) the breakfast was non-existant, there was no wireless or inroom internet.

While the room appeared clean, it wasn't really. My son has contracted lice from this establishment. Yes I'm sure he contracted it here. To top it off when I was checking out a night early (to go to another hotel) the clerk did not believe me. Nor did it seem was going to do anything about the lice issue.

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!
Sleep in your car it has to be safer.

• Liked — Nothing! It's a Dump!
  • Disliked — the lice
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2008

BAD STUFF:
Older run down/shabby hotel. Dirty, tattered, natty.
NO AIR CONDITIONING.
NO LOCKS on sliding glass (exterior) doors
NO CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST--as advertised--.... 3-day old doughnuts, frozen muffins, and cheap coffee...
NO WIRELESS INTERNET--as advertised-- ("oh, they're working on it")
Hole in room wall
Floor not vacuumed
NO remote control to TV
PHONE wouldn't ring front desk (I had to make it back down 3 floors to ask a question of the desk clerk)

GOOD STUFF:
Nice, friendly staff
Easy covered parking

• Liked — Covered parking
  • Disliked — Lack of delivered promises (no internet, very poor "breakfast", not beachfront)
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2007

This had to be the worst motel we have ever stayed in! The room stunk and was dirty. The rep. told me there was air conditioning in the rooms, THERE IS NOT!!! There was suppose to be a cont. breakfast, what breakfast!?! There was not anything on either morning! Not even coffee! We were told "She went for supplies" but where did she go? Another state? She never showed up! While walking to my car with my husband and son, there was a couple of "staff members" outside blocking the walk smoking and one blew smoke in my face as I walked by! "OOPS" was all she said and then laughed! There was a loud party on the second night we were there, I called management numerous times and all that happened was the party got louder!! When we finally checked out the guy at the desk didn't say thank you, ask how our stay was or anything! Just grabbed the key from my hand and walked away! Not to mention the female desk person thought she had the right to continually call me "dear"! I wouldn't stay here again if it were the last place on the coast and free!!!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Camas Wa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2006

We stayed at this Motel our last trip to Lincoln City. Our room was filthy and smelled awful. The "free" breakfast was doughnuts cut in half (how cheap a dozen is what $5.00). We never used our balconey as the outdoor chairs had moss growing on them. We let them know we would NEVER be back!

• Stayed August 2005
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!