“Had a wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 36 hotels in Lincoln City
Austin, Texas
“Had a wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful stay recently at this property. The desk person "Gee" showed us to our room, opened the curtains which revealed a fabulous ocean view, and welcomed us to Lincoln City. We stayed on a weeknight which gave us the lowest rate but the view was worth a million dollars. The room was spotless and had been remodeled to include a gas fireplace, a flat screen tv and pillowtop queen bed. I would recommend this motel for anyone looking for tremendous value for your money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

If you are looking for an affordable, yet quality place to enjoy the seaside in Lincoln City, keep on driving past the congested, touristy heart of town to the southern outskirts where a couple of quaint motels sit perched on the cliff overlooking a lovely and spacious beach.

The office staff are extremely welcoming and friendly and apt to give you special deals during the off-season.

My tidy little one-person, upper-level room couldn't have been cozier with a gas fireplace and a view of the ocean. The windows could open to let in the fresh sea breeze and the sound of waves pounding on the shore below. Just down the steps from the room was a common deck and picnic table where people could enjoy the ocean view and a picnic...or simply relax with a good book.

This motel has a brief downhill walk to the beachfront, so you never have to get in your car to enjoy the ocean.

My only criticism of the room is that it was not well insulated and I could feel air streaming in through the bottom of the door. (But the fireplace took care of that)

As a writer, The Edgecliff was the perfect weekend getaway. I will most definitely return to this best-kept secret that you miss if you stop too soon in the middle of town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed over the past week-end...Not a good place to stay...Upon arrival the room was very cold, no heat on at all...took 4 hours to heat so we could sleep. Bathroom had no heat at all...floor was so cold could not stand on it...Our towels in the morning were wet because of how cold the bathroom was....it also smelled of pee!!!Yuck...No alarm clock...Way too early check out time 11:00 am...When we checked out I preceeded to tell the staff about our room..His comment"Well that's what you get for that kind of money, next time we can have a better room" I said there will be no next time...We paid $90.00 for the room...Also wall paper was peeling off....Sliding glass door would not lock and the screen door was off...Wow no compensation at all...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
centraloregoncoast, General Manager at The Edgecliff Motel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
We regret that you had an unsatisfactory stay. We are wondering why you did not notify the front desk (once you realized that the electric heat, secondary to the central furnace did not suffice to warm your room) right away while you "struggled to go to sleep?" Our customer satisfaction policy allows the desk associate to relocate and upgrade an unsatisfied customer. By any rate, we apologize if the clerk's "morning-after" response was less than compassionate and professional. Your description of the response of the desk associate to your comments the next morning is certainly not a reflection of the etiquette training our employees undergo. We will intensify our employee training to address your and our concerns.

We would like to invite you to our accommodation at a substantial discount to prove to you that your recent experience has been an exception; you will be our guest in the section completed in 2007, which we reserve for customers who might be allergic to the tiniest dander residues. Please refer to this invitation when placing your reservation. We hope to see again.

The Edgecliff Management
Walla Walla, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We checked in on Friday afternoon for the weekend. The front staff were very pleasant and nice to deal with. They informed me of the things that were happening in Lincoln City that weekend. After checking in, the office person walked me to my room and pointed out highlights of the room.
It had a nice balcony facing the ocean and a gas fireplace. The rooms were very clean and quiet.
It is located is a good spot on the 101. Across the street from the movie theater, and a short drive to Taft and the "Outlet Mall". The big "chain hotels" are nice, but if your looking for a nice quaint getaway, look no further!
For the price, you can not beat it. (We stayed off season)
The one problem is that i wished that i could have stayed longer!
I would recommend this place to all my friends and family for sure!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that faces the ocean and has a fireplace...you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sherwood, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a very clean hotel with a wonderful view and the people are very friendly. I enjoy hearing and seeing the ocean, so this was my choice after comparing prices. The other hotels were either more expensive or did not have a view of the ocean. The fireplace in each room is especially enjoyable after a walk on the beach. I have recommended this place and will continue to do so

Room Tip: Ask for one of their new rooms. These have been recently refurbished with alot of new fixtures.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Silverton, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was the second time we stayed at this motel. The first time I was a bit bummed that they didn't have a hair dryer, so brought my own this time. When I mentioned it upon making our reservation, I was told that I would be given a complimentary hairdryer, if I asked for it upon arrival. Our room was older, but clean and secure. There were only the two pillows on the bed, so I also brought extras from home. The fireplace was a nice addition and provided nice ambiance as we watched TV and listened to the pounding surf. We had a small patio with a wonderful view of the ocean. The staff was very friendly. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for hair dryer and extra pillows when you check in.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
s.b., ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

After staying at this motel, I have to say, I am very happy with it. We stayed in room 120, the disabled room, although we are not disabled but it was very nice. There was electric heating, no air conditioner but a window that opens to a gorgeous view of the ocean. The two person hot tub is located to the right of the window and has an equally big mirror to one side if it. There was a decent sized fridge and microwave as well. The bathroom was spacious and had a bathtub and shower and toilet and sink in one. My husband and i couod get ready easily without worrying about spa. A fireplace was there as well and we did use it although the day we came was Oct 3 and it was warm, we used it for awhile anyhow for the calmness it brings and then opened the window so it wouldnt be so hot. The freshness of the sea was invigorating for both of us. It was like being on a honeymoon although we have been married 24 years:). Breakfast was simply nice with fresh orange juice, coffee,tea, cereals, fresh genuine donuts (I love the cinnamon one) and choices of apple or banana. What more do u need in the a.m.? Yes, we will definitely BE BACK next time! By the way, the comments about no maid service is ignorant at best. If you ask the front desk for something, they give it to you no problem. I did this for the hair dryer I needed and I got it, so if I needed extra towels, they'd give that too. All I know is that if it hadn't been for the Washington man who gave this place a 10 out of 10 rating, I would have thought there was something really wrong. Sometimes you have to read between the negative words and realize maybe the person writing the review may be wrong.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to The Edgecliff Motel? Share your experiences!