“Edgecliff Motel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Sherwood, Oregon
“Edgecliff Motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a very clean hotel with a wonderful view and the people are very friendly. I enjoy hearing and seeing the ocean, so this was my choice after comparing prices. The other hotels were either more expensive or did not have a view of the ocean. The fireplace in each room is especially enjoyable after a walk on the beach. I have recommended this place and will continue to do so

Room Tip: Ask for one of their new rooms. These have been recently refurbished with alot of new fixtures.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Silverton, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was the second time we stayed at this motel. The first time I was a bit bummed that they didn't have a hair dryer, so brought my own this time. When I mentioned it upon making our reservation, I was told that I would be given a complimentary hairdryer, if I asked for it upon arrival. Our room was older, but clean and secure. There were only the two pillows on the bed, so I also brought extras from home. The fireplace was a nice addition and provided nice ambiance as we watched TV and listened to the pounding surf. We had a small patio with a wonderful view of the ocean. The staff was very friendly. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for hair dryer and extra pillows when you check in.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
s.b., ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

After staying at this motel, I have to say, I am very happy with it. We stayed in room 120, the disabled room, although we are not disabled but it was very nice. There was electric heating, no air conditioner but a window that opens to a gorgeous view of the ocean. The two person hot tub is located to the right of the window and has an equally big mirror to one side if it. There was a decent sized fridge and microwave as well. The bathroom was spacious and had a bathtub and shower and toilet and sink in one. My husband and i couod get ready easily without worrying about spa. A fireplace was there as well and we did use it although the day we came was Oct 3 and it was warm, we used it for awhile anyhow for the calmness it brings and then opened the window so it wouldnt be so hot. The freshness of the sea was invigorating for both of us. It was like being on a honeymoon although we have been married 24 years:). Breakfast was simply nice with fresh orange juice, coffee,tea, cereals, fresh genuine donuts (I love the cinnamon one) and choices of apple or banana. What more do u need in the a.m.? Yes, we will definitely BE BACK next time! By the way, the comments about no maid service is ignorant at best. If you ask the front desk for something, they give it to you no problem. I did this for the hair dryer I needed and I got it, so if I needed extra towels, they'd give that too. All I know is that if it hadn't been for the Washington man who gave this place a 10 out of 10 rating, I would have thought there was something really wrong. Sometimes you have to read between the negative words and realize maybe the person writing the review may be wrong.

• Stayed October 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband, our 2 kids and I wanted to get away for the night. I had a hotel that we stayed at a few times but thought....Hey I want to stay somewhere new. So I began my search. I found the Edgecliff Motel online. Viewed the pictures & seemed like a good fit. I should have known that 'something' wasnt right when I called back after making my reservation just to see if they had a pool on site & was told they had no record of my reservation. When I explained whom I talked to, I was told " Oh that is our OWNER & he DOES NOT know how to make a reservation even though he thinks he does" I had to give all my information over again. They even now quoted a different price for the night. I got the price that I originally was quoted but this was not a good first impression.
On arrival to the hotel, I found that the staff was friendly but seemed a bit disorganized. We were walked up to our room & that is where I was most dissapointed. The pictures in on the website apparently show the "newly remodeled" area however, since we had a small pet, we were not allowed to stay in that section.
On first glance of our unit, it appeared this might have once been a low income apartment complex that was renovated to be a hotel. There was chipping paint around the door, overgrown weeds in the flower bed, etc.
After we got into the room, things really didnt get any better. There were large stain spots on the floor, which instantly made me question the cleanliness of the room. The window ceils had dead bugs in them, the patio had 2 chairs, however one of them was broken & could not be used. At this point I tried to ignore & just try to make the best of our stay as I wasnt sure if I could truly get my money back & be able to find another vacant room elsewhere.
All in all, not impressed & will not stay again. After checking out the next morning, I decided to check out another local hotel (chinook winds resorts hotel) I would have only paid $10 more for the night & got WAY more in amenities and cleanliness.
I would NOT recommend this hotel for others with pets. The newly remodeled area may be much different than what we experienced but if you have a pet at all, I would stay elsewhere.

Unhappy family from Portland

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
West Linn, Or
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This started bad and got worse. This was our anniversary trip and it appeared it could be romantic for just the two of us. What was expected and what really was was a big dissappointment. This looked ideal and what appeared to be fair price, but could have done better at that price id everything was as it appearedfrom pictures and wriiten discription. Picture shown had a great view and in fact was a partial. No tables in room. Fireplace was gas and it had said fireplace not gas fireplace. To call the desk it was waste of time. Was told to note complaints on trip advisor, by desk ckerk. Onlu climate control was room had heat. Fortunately we did not need air condioning. Furnished deck consisted of two plastic rersin type chairs. Screen door was broken and if their had been and mosquitos they would have come in easily. Bed had only two pillows ad no answer from desk when I tried calling for more. Spent day exploring coast and upon return at approximately 8pm found the room service had not come in. Was told to late and we needed to hang tag on door. Why were we not told this the night before when we checked in and why could we not get more towels because of the time? Also our neighbors were not quiet, but had a party. Desk did not answer phone.
Rust outside and inside door and mold around inside of the door. Drain around sink broken. When I took shower it was luke warm and since no room clean I had to use same towels. I would like to say this was pleasant experience, but that would be a lie. This was not pleasant and in the top three of motels of poor motels we have stayed in in last 17 years, but we paid twice and much for this one room as we paid for either of the top two which were in my opinion equally as poor.

Room Tip: I can not recommend this motel and feel right about doing so.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Forest Grove, Oregon, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

i reseved a room for myself,my dog,my son,and his girlfriend.we arrived about 8 pm.we were shown to our room and we were a lil bumbed they had only two chairs in the living area.there was three of us.later that evening my son decided to shower and the water was cold because the faucet was broke and you could just turn and turn the handle,no change in temp.ok,so we got up the following morning and the kids went for a walk on the beach while i made breakfast.so the one and only fry pan no stick bottom was coming off onto my sausage.i had black plastic/rubber all over it.needless to say we couldnt eat that.wanna watch tv?dont use the tv guide that is in the room,they dont have those channels:/ oh yes and one more thing....they left a sponge in the kitchen by sink for guests to use.it was black and slimy.dout i will stay there again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
West Linn, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Iwas able to check in early by a couple of houre which was nice .the employees were helpful when I had questions,Great view nice room with fireplace and most of all nice and quiet.Short walk down to the beach.Ireally enjoyed it

Room Tip: room 116 was a good room for view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Edgecliff Motel? Share your experiences!