“Always an Exceptional Meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 90 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Portland, Oregon
“Always an Exceptional Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day dinner at Blackfish - couldn't ask for a more enjoyable meal. Chinook outstanding, flaky but moist. Duck prepared just right, cooked through, not chewy but not dry. Excellent wine list. Looking forward to my next visit!

• Visited February 2013

Waldport, Oregon
“Best clam chowder on the coast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Awesome food, good prices and excellent service. Prices rang from $9-15 on average. The highlight was their clam chowder. Not like Mo's thick and gooey style with add cornstarch amd flour. Just really goo thin chowder base with fresh clams, not frozen. You can tatse the difference. We've sampled chowder from Astoria to Brookings and this is the one! I had the rock cod fish and chips, superb! The wife had the Greek style turkey sandwhich with their own homemade chips, also awesome. Great iced tea and looks like a good wine selection as well.
They are closed mon & Tues but go have a great lunch. We're heading back to try them for dinner.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Westminster, Canada
“Don't miss this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Appears to be the best place to eat in Linclon City- delicious sea food and professional presentation.

Visited February 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Accidental treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I pulled over to read a map in Lincoln City, and decided I was hungry. I locked the car door and started walking. The first restaurant I came to was the Blackfish Cafe. They weren't open for dinner yet, but when I stuck my head in the door I was greeted warmly, seated comfortably, and had a drink in my hand before I knew what was happening.

The ocean view was divine, and my server was charming and helpful. Best of all for a place that I stumbled into, the food was fabulous.

• Visited December 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Blackfish has new help?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We went to Blackfish for my Birthday lunch. Everytime we are at the beach, we go there. They have the best fish and chips on the coast! The service has always been impeccable. However, this time, we must have had a new server or something? (Maybe she was having a bad day?) She was a skinny little thing (Emiley?) and appeared to be very agitated, not patient and not accomodating at all. She forgot our tartar sauces, she left dirty dishes all around us, and We witnessed her yell at a busser! Very unprofessional. Our check was nearly $100 and we just could not tip her. Our visit was out of the ordinary for this cafe. Sure they were very busy, but it started by sitting at our table for nearly 15 minutes before we were greeted by our server. Food came quickly, but she just never came back to check on us until our check hit the table. I usually get a birthday "ding-dong"?! But she didn't even know it was my birthday because we didn't get a chance to tell her. We plan to have our anniversary dinner there this summer. Quite frankly, if we see her there again we will for sure request a different server.

• Visited December 2012