“Casual drop in” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
stayton
“Casual drop in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were going to J's Fish cafe it was packed at least 10 tickets in the window and not a smile on anyones face so decided to check out Oceans Apart I had seen it rated on trip advisor we arrived about 1 pm must have been end of the lunch hour place was empty,we ordered the Teriyaki Combo to share order came pretty quick but was only the chicken? I pointed this out to the waitress she said I will fix it we kept the chicken and soon received the beef and the mahi beef was excellent as was the mahi the chicken was just ok could have had more flavor didn't care for the sauce over the top side dishes of potato mac and rice was ok nothing to wow about I worked in Hawaii for 10 years and have had some great chicken there,I would go back to try another dish or 2 or maybe breakfast a 4 out of 5 is generous rating.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Keizer, Oregon
“Give it a try!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stopped for a Hawaiian breakfast. We were the only ones in the place at 9:00 on a Saturday morning, which made me wonder.......well wonder no more, everyone else is missing out! I had a huge 4 egg omelet stuffed with Kahlua pork and cheese that was great. Could not eat it all. My wife had a Po Pomoco that she loved and did eat it all, it was a perfect sized portion. Staff was friendly and courteous. Another place that we will be stopping at again when in Lincoln city.

Visited July 2013
Newport, Oregon
“Really- Actual Pit Smoked Pork?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our first experience in this pleasant little restaurant specializing in the food of Hawaii in Lincoln City and we will be back. I had the Pele Burger, a hand patted cheeseburger with lava sauce that was pleasantly spicy hot but certainly not uncomfortable. My wife got a spam (yes they have it) taco and a Kalua pulled pork taco with an unbelievable smoky taste that screamed real pit cooked pork. I asked. They smoke the pork once a week off site to get that great taste. I am impressed. Next time will be the teriaki shrimp--- no wait maybe the platter with shrimp, mahi mahi, and something else. Teriaki beef? We will see, and we haven't even tried the breakfast yet!

PS- unfortunately they were out of poi but it is on the menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Awesome, Authentic Hawaiian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Oceans Apart is a small restaurant in Lincoln City, Oregon. It is only open for breakfast and lunch, but I highly recommend it. I have eaten breakfast and lunch and found the food to be authentic and delicious. The portions are very generous, and the service is top notch.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eureka, California
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Large portions and fresh, delicious food. The Haupia stuffed French toast was very filling and the pineapple syrup was excellent. My sister had the fried rice and it looked amazing. Friendly service and pleasant atmosphere. Everything on the menu looked delicious, would definitely drive out of my way to eat there again.

• Visited June 2013