“We planned to stay again, until we met the manager.” 3 of 5 stars

You added Palace Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Palace Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 SE Hwy 101, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #28 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
“We planned to stay again, until we met the manager.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We had an ok stay. We had arrived later in the day after a long drive, just looking for somewhere to sleep. The room was ok. The next morning, we barely got breakfast and the lady started packing it all up. It was a very limited selection: waffles, some pastries, bagels, bananas (no other fruit), juice and BAD coffee. We decided that it was ok enough that we might stay again, if we were stuck.

Then, when I was waiting to check-out, I met the manager. A lady was complaining about her room being very cold overnight and the heater not working. She said she has a sick baby and could she have another room for the following night. The manager argued with her for about five minutes while I and another group of guests stood there and listened.

As I said, we would have stayed here again, but never again now that we've met the manager!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Surrey, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

the on line rate we pre booked through Expedia was not accepted upon arrival. When i asked why the clerk just said "the manager wrote me a note and i am just doing my job and i wish you would not reserve on line" Also the breakfast was the worst i have ever had....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Albany, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel. When the AC did not work in the first room I checked into, the clerk at the front desk had no problem moving me to another (bigger) room. I really appreciated his help. The breakfast, including waffles, was delicious. I had a coupon (hotels.com) for a rate of about $55.00 including taxes...a great rate for a room on the Coast in August!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Castaic, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I were on day 7 of our 2 week annual summer road trip. We stopped at Palace Inn & Suites just for the night and fell in love with the place. The staff was very friendly and the whole place was clean and smelled really good! That might sound strange but it was true. Our room was big and even included a couch. When you check in, they give you 2 passes for free continental breakfast in the restaurant on the premises. They offered a good variety of choices and also gave an option to order off the menu (for a reasonable price). We used the fitness room and jacuzzi which was a nice way to end a long day of driving. I would definitely stay here again and made sure to take their brochure in order to have all of the information for next year. At the end of this trip, I wrote notes on each of my hotel receipts so I'd remember what I liked/disliked about each place. This place was one of my favorites and they offered a lot of extras for a very affordable price.

Room Tip: We were in room 308, right by the elevator, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Troutdale, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

the whole experience was like ordering a cup of coffee that you expect to be good, and finding out it's watered down. the Palace Inn experience was one I will never do again. the room had an odor to it, the beds were terrible, the free breakfast was the worst I have ever had. The only fruit they had were green bananas, there was no selection! the whole place is second rate, or third is there is such a thing.

Room Tip: find another hotel!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Alameda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Two adults and one kid checked in on July 25 for a one night stay. We had no reservations, and just drove by this place, noticing the sign that said $51 per night rate. Of course that was for a single, and for two double beds, we got our room for about $20 more.

We were very impressed with the Palace Inn. It has so many amenities for the price like complementary coffee maker in the room, microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, FREE wi-fi access, continental breakfast, a huge jacuzzi, fitness room and sauna. You'd easily pay well over $120 per night for a comparable hotel. We stayed a few nights ago at a Motel 6 that was a stinking box of a room with none of these amenities for the same price, in a small town just like Lincoln City.

It has comfy beds and it was quiet. Palace Inn has nice clean bathrooms as well. I was satisfied with everything. Their continental breakfast is better than other hotels we stayed at that also offered this. Yes, they serve Costco muffins, but the bagels are good and you can make waffles!

I will stay here if I'm ever in Lincoln City again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Montrose, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

the rooms are dark and no lighting and for the breakfast what a joke

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Palace Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!