“WE WILL BE BACK !!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 36 hotels in Lincoln City
Revelstoke
“WE WILL BE BACK !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

From the time we walked into the Palace Inn we were very impressed. The friendly desk clerk was very helpful...giving us a lot of information about the beautiful Oregon coast. Our cost was under $100. and for the clean room, friendly staff and excellant location we are pleased. We look forward to a return visit later this year and will be booking in at the "Palace"
Leo and Susan
Revelstoke B.C.
Canada

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I'm not really even sure where to start! First of all the whole coast was BOOKED that weekend. Hotel application on my phone recommended Palace inn and the rate was under $100 so I stopped in a got one of the last rooms. They said because they were so booked the rate was over $200 but what choice did I have? I think that's a very dishonest practice. We get up to the room and there's loose hair in the sheets and clogging the shower and all over the bathroom floor. Two of the cups I picked had lipstick residue on them and when my dad requested that they send up fresh sheets the man gave him an extremely hard time about it. Needless to say, we kept our socks on at all times and wore flip-flops in the shower, hit the road at 5am. This place was totally disgusting and the customer service was the absolute WORST I have ever experienced in any hotel. I would definitely recommend you stay somewhere else, and if everything else is booked just drive the hour east to Salem and get a real hotel.

I have been lucky enough to stay at some nice hotels in my time, but this place had me YEARNING for the cleanliness and service of at least a motel 6! This place was nowhere close, what does that tell you?

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I've stayed at the Palace Inn & Suites on several different trips. The rooms are spotless and comfortable, and the rates are incredibly low for the quality of the room. Everyone there has always been very friendly and accommodating, and the location was very convenient.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011 via mobile

When we arrived we greeted immediately. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. Would recommended to everyone

• Stayed November 2011
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

For years I have stayed at the Palace Inn whenever I visited Lincoln City. I have no complains about the cleanliness of the hotel rooms. However, when I checked in at the Palace Inn early afternoon on August 29th, 2011 asking for a receptionist named Matthew who was working there in May and who's Grandson, as I learned, is collecting coins, I had brought about 50 coins along for him that were from all over the world and of value, the owner told me that Matthew wasn't working there anymore. But right away offered to pass them along to him. So when I saw the owner again later on that evening I asked him if he had reached Matthew and was told no. I received the same answer next morning when I checked out. Then I returned again on Sep. 15, 2011 and when I asked the owner if he had reached Matthew I was told no again and that he is out of town. But later that afternoon I met a receptionist called Jennifer who, as it turned out, was Matthew daughter who started to work there after her father left and yet, the owner never gave her the coins etc. When she confronted the owner about it she was being told that he has misplaced them. And when I asked him why he didn't give the coins to Jennifer when checking out next morning, he got upset and snapped at me: "why did you have to get involved" How convenient for him to forget that these were my coins and he promised to forward...And to this day, Oct.21, 2011 Jennifer still hasn't gotten the coins.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Very friendly staff, immaculately kept and spacious room and a convenient location to all Lincoln City attractions. We would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with dogs (which were welcomed here), try for a room on the lower level, whi...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Newberg, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Read the previous review labeled "Dishonest pricing practices" after you read mine. I had a very similar experience but even more blatant. I have heard of refusing coupons based on occupancy before, but my story is a first for me. We booked our hotel online using a pre-pay rate option. We reserved a two queen bed room for 4 adults, our kids are over 12. When we checked in they said that we had not paid for the extra adults. I showed them our reservation confirmation which clearly indicated we had entered 4 adults on the reservation. They said then that the online booking site did not charge us for it so we had to pay an extra $22. I said that they should take that up with them, not me. They still demanded the payment. The manager the next morning was no more helpful. First time I ever had to pay more on a pre-paid room!!

Also, MEGA DITTOS on the concrete beds! Worst bed I have ever slept on and I travel a lot for a living and been in some cheap motels before.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Palace Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!