“Nice place at a good value” 4 of 5 stars

Palace Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 SE Hwy 101, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Wilsonville, Oregon
“Nice place at a good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

I have stayed here off and on since it was built-I have seen some of the bad reviews and never new why. The "worst" thing that happened to us was a call in the middle of the night from the front desk (which woke us up) to ask if we were smoking...No, we were not we were sound alseep. Besides that one thing every other stay has been fine-good clean rooms, quite and everyting we wanted

Room Tip: call ahead for a reservation
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
PNW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

I have stayed here many times in a many different rooms and I have no idea what some of the bad reviews are talking about.

It is a nice looking hotel inside and out. Interesting scultures in front garden area. Every time I have stayed here the rooms are attractive and clean. I have been treated well by every staff member I have delt with.

The price here is great and I will come back every time I stay in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I was a little reluctant to stay here because of some of the previous posts. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was nicely decorated and even had a fire place. Most importantly, it felt clean. The beds were comfy too.

We asked for a late check (which they allowed) and were checking out. I knew that we had missed the continental breakfast. The area was still open so I wandered in to get a glass of OJ. In waiting for my manfolk, I sat down in one of the massage chairs in the waiting area. Very nice! The manager asked if we'd like some fruit that he had in the back and sent us on our way with fresh strawberries, bananas, apples, and nectarines.

They even had home made fudge (which I got the recipe for) at the front desk.

I was very happy with our stay and will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

The staff was INCREDIBLY friendly! The rooms were nice. Good customer service! As a local Oregonian, I would recommend this hotel. It has a nice atmosphere with victorian decor, clean rooms, and friendly staff. It is right by the beach, and shopping outlet, and also very affordable.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

My wife and I were in Lincoln City to watch the storms and we stayed at the Palace. It was really nice! The rooms were decorated beautifully, and the continental breakfast was great!! There's nothing better after a long day in the weather, than to slip into an in-room jacuzzi!! I give it a 10 across the board!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Bring your own pillow trust me the pillows are hard as a rock. The bed was good and firm and the staff was attentive. The comp breakfast was good for the price but you might want to bring extra coffee because what is in the room had less than half a cup for us both. Overall with some attention to detail this hotel has potential.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Oregon City, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

This place was HORRIBLE. Found dirty lingerie behind our dresser and a syringe on the floor behind it! Went to visit the beach and turned on the A/C since it was a hot day, came back to find the drapes on the window open (which they were previously closed), the A/C off, and the Do Not Disturb sign removed. Clearly they allow anyone into the room even when the Do Not Disturb sign was hung. Bboth of our cardkeys did not work, on both the entrance in back, and the room door. Coming back from dinner we were unable to find parking due to a 50 foot RV parked sideways in the lot, and a pickup with a huge boat on a trailer in the lot as well. Had a strange way to activate the shower in the bathtub too. I was told that there was a pool, and a fenced area for dogs to run around in, but I didn't see this at all. Charged us an extra pet fee for a bird that stays in his cage most of the time too. I would NOT stay at this hotel EVER again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Palace Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!