“Loved this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Overlook Motel

Overlook Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Overlook Motel
Save Saved
You added Overlook Motel to your Saves list
3521 SW. Anchor Dr., Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Fort Worth, Texas
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

A friend recommend Overlook Motel to me when my daughter and I went to the Portland area for spring break. All rooms overlook the ocean with quick access to the beach. We loved this place. Very friendly, helpful staff that live on the premise. Will stay there again the next time we are in the area.

Stayed March 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Vancouver, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I like this place so much I almost don't want to review it for fear it will get popular and I won't be able to get in again so easily! GREAT place. Check in was friendly, and room was fantastic! Okay, it was old and "homey", not shiny and polished, but COME ON! You are at the beach. It was clean and everything seemed to be in good working order. These aren't just rooms, they are apartments with a gas fireplace, wide screen TV, full living room and kitchen. We even had 2 bedrooms. Best of all a private patio overlooking the beach (overlooking....get it?).

I quite simply can't say enough about this place. Took 3 friends and the dog. Everybody had a great time!!!

Room Tip: We had 4 people in Unit 3...we liked it a lot.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

If you find yourself in Lincoln City Oregon or are planning a trip there, try the Overlook, especially Unit 6. This is a special place - a nod to the past sitting on a cliff way above the Glorious Pacific Ocean. The bank of windows on the West side of the unit are an invitation to spend all of your time gazing at the vast ocean. This invitation is amplified by the reading nook - two beautifully padded benches are outfitted with pillows, creating a cozy, comfortable place to enjoy a good book. Unit 6 has lots of good books, games, movies, and music. Heart and soul were put into this Unit. It is so well loved, you feel as if it were a home of someone very special. The kitchen is open and well appointed; it even has sharp knives!!! Three of us enjoyed a weekend together. We hope to return again and again.

Room Tip: Fabulous view from Unit 6
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in unit 7 for the weekend to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary and absolutely fell in love with this place! Gorgeous ocean views, cozy/ romantic atmosphere, and friendly staff made this trip perfect :) we can't wait to return.

• Stayed September 2013
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The view from the rooms is fantastic, overlooking the beach and ocean. You can't get much closer to the beach than this location. It is located in a quiet neighborhood. We found it to be a perfect spot to begin our vacation and unwind from work. We found the room to be very comfortable, quiet and enjoyed the kitchen for making meals to be eaten on the deck or inside overlooking the beach. We enjoyed our stay tremendously and will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Perfect.....I loved every bit of time spent there, which was 4 days , and never have I had such a life changing experience like I have had at the overlook, I met the girl of my dreams, and spent four wonderful days getting to know her, and now I'm back and we are together and very happy , thanks for making it beautiful as she is ... 100% satisfied ....

• Stayed July 2012
Molalla, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

November 10-12, 2012 - Unit # 1 Way small but the view was awesome! You can't beat it. I had asked if there were steps as I'm handicapped and was told "oh no, no steps, just a little path you follow down and around to the unit." That was the understatement of the millennium !!! About 80-100 feet of very steep, narrow path. It had perforated rubber matting on it to help keep you from sliding and a rail on one side. I ended up putting my larger suitcase on the ground and kicking it down the path since it was almost too narrow to carry it. It almost slid by itself! The bed was comfortable as was the hide-a-bed in the living room. Plenty of pillows, blankets and towels. Kitchen was great, everything but the toaster worked. Do have to say the hide-a-bed was so low that there was nothing to put your feet on or they would be raised higher than your butt which isn't comfortable. We ended up pulling out the bed so we could at least sit level. Worked fine but not a lot of room left. There was a broken down cheap chair that had broken legs. Dangerous since if someone sat in it, it would have thrown you forward onto the metal bed rails of the hide-a-bed. I had just leaned over it to grab a pillow and it fell over. TV very nice with DVD player.

Room Tip: Be sure you ask about steps or "pathways". Also, the pictures on their website almost giv...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Overlook Motel? Share your experiences!