“Great place to stay for a Get-away” 5 of 5 stars

Westshore Oceanfront Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3127 SW Anchor Avenue, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Oregon
“Great place to stay for a Get-away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Being the avid traveler that I am I always look for new places to stay. I recently stayed here for some relaxation time. What can I say it was great. The room was big and cozy. I could eat in if I chose too because there was a full kitchen. The views was spectacular. I loved everything about my stay here and have no complaints at all. We had met up with a couple of friends and they stopped by and loved it. I would recommend this place for anyone. The beach is easy to get to and me and my husband spent a lot of time there. We will definitely be going back here again. The staff treated us very well and was very professional. It is a great value for anyone looking for that get away on the Oregon Coast and is working with a budget for your travels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Bend, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This place is a dump!!!!! To say the least!!!!! The people at the front desk are very inappropriate and come to work in their jammies. My friend and I didn't feel safe there because the deadbolt would NOT lock and the door didn't shut properly! The room was filthy and totally unacceptable. I did not feel safe there and neither did my friend I was traveling with. Upon going to the front desk and informing them of our lack of desire to stay there another night they told us that we had no choice but to stay there or not receive a refund. Adrian was a bully and was cussing at my friend and I and telling us and I quote " there has never been an incident here in 57 years! I am the owner and I know what goes on here. We decided not to stay there another night because we didn't feel safe and he refused to work with us on a refund of any kind and kept insisting that there had never been an incident that in 57years. At the time my friend and I went to talk to them about moving to another hotel because we didn't feel safe we were bullied and told that we had to stay or lose our money. We decided at that moment to stay somewhere else at which time we found out what had happened just days before our check in. The young man that had just been released from prison and killed his grandparents had stayed in the room next to the one we were registered in! All the glass was broken out of all the windows up there on the second floor and the staff told us they were remodeling. I don't like to be lied to and the room we were to stay in was a filthy mess!!!!! We stayed the one night and then felt it necessary to move due to the conditions of the hotel and the belligerence of the staff. We did move and reported this dump to booking.com who is more than willing to work with us about getting a refund for the one night stay!!!! I would never stay there again and wouldn't even wish it on my worst enemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
adrian k, General Manager at Westshore Oceanfront Motel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
WOW! For a person who is supposedly so insulted about being lied to, maybe she shouldn’t lie herself. First of all there was never any cussing or bullying going on, (especially since there was children and other guest's present) other than this lady herself who's one of those older lady's who's pissed off at the world types, and didn’t like not getting her way. Sorry that at 4:00 in the afternoon on the following day after you've been here for over 24hrs and the maids have already, left that could have cleaned your room, so we could rent it out again, you mosey on in and simply say you don’t feel comfortable here and want your money back.

When you and your “girlfriend” were asked why, 3 times, you simply look at each other like two dodo birds. Never once mentioned about anything particularly being wrong, because we said if there was we would run and fix it. But again neither one of you could say anything, just stood there looking stupid! Even our guest's told you the place was great and there was nothing to worry about. Just because my wife and I happened to catch a fugitive staying here and the cops do some destruction to get him out, we don’t understand what that has anything to do with us? Again addressing the issue calling us liars, we are currently under full upgrades and remodels! Sorry we were full and had to put you in a room next to where the incident happened, but when a building is at full capacity, we have to put people in whatever rooms we have left open. Again I am calling you a bold faced liar, we have checked on the deadbolt you said doesn’t work and it does, was just a little tight, because it is a brand new door frame we actually just put in the day you got here.

Last but not least we don’t wish YOU on your worst enemy either. So you should probably get some counseling and rethink the way you go around in your life.

Fortunately our guest's love this place, and we try very hard to reward them with a nice, clean comfortable, cozy spot here in our little nook of Lincoln City.

Luckily our lives will go on and we will progress into the best hotel here in town. Leah and Adrian already won managers of the year, there first year on the job. So who knows how great they and the Westshore will Become!!

Love and thanks to all our regulars and new guest's. Remember to check out our Facebook and {like} it !! Remember summer is booking up quick so if you want your favorite room. Plan that trip now!

P.S. We don’t come to work in our “jammies”, we happened to live here on site and if we happened to be in sweat pants that day, OH GEEZ, for all you that need to know :) AND ALL HOTELS HAVE A 24hr or MORE CANCELLING NOTICE POLICY! SORRY!
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Not a fancy hotel by any means, but right on the beach with great views. Awesome value. We had a two bedroom suite with a fireplace, full kitchen, and deck. Only $90/night, and we shared it with friends so two night cost us less than $100 including tax. Good restaurants within walking distance, yet on a quiet part of the beach. Staff very friendly and helpful. If you don't mind the dated decor (we don't) then this place is just what you need for an inexpensive vacation at the coast.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor have a deck. Suites are not that much more expensive than smaller rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

It's not the newest building in town, but it sure is close to the beach. A little out of the way (which doesn't matter since most thing in Lincoln City are miles apart), but a great value. There are a variety of rooms to choose from ranging from studios to two bedrooms, all with a view of the beach. The hotel also has it's own private stairs leading down to the sand.

We've stayed here twice now, and we're already planning on a third.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Aloha, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were so impressed with the location and how family friendly this place was. We were able to cook our own meals and not have to worry about finding a place to eat out. It helped save us even more money in the long run. The managers were great and we will be staying there again. We highly recommend this place if you want a homing clean place. The buildings are older but the rooms were well maintained. We had a great fire place with all the wood we could want and the memory foam mattress was awesome! The main bed was memory foam and the second bed was a nice standard medium firmness mattress. It was great I love Memory Foam and my Husband does not so this was perfect for us! We loved the quiet beach and the great views! Cant wait to stay there again next week.

Room Tip: The Manager Leah is great at helping you pick a room that will meet your specific needs!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Aloha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Best part of the place is the view and proximity to the beach! Building shows it's age a little bit, but is clean and everything was in working order. Nice to have it pet friendly. One of the beds in our's did not have the memory foam mattress that is advertised and it was a bit uncomfortable. Could maybe use another comfy chair in the living room area but having the big TV and fireplace was really nice! Good access to things around town to do as well.

We definitely plan to stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Elgin, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We enjoyed every part of our stay. The room was so nice almost like an apartment instead of a motel room. All the extras were great, from the memory foam mattress to the kitchen accessories were wonderful. The view was amazing from our room, just sat and watched the ocean for hours and very friendly staff. I recommend the motel.
Ludwigs/Elgin, Oregon

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Westshore Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!