“Hotel On A Downward Slide” 2 of 5 stars

2133 NW Inlet Ave, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Edmonton, Canada
“Hotel On A Downward Slide”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at the Nordic a few days a year for over 25 years. Under the previous owners management the place was extremely clean, well run and constantly being improved and updated. Since it was sold to the existing owner it has been going steadily downhill.
In our most recent stay we were very disappointed with how we were treated and the condition of the property. The condition of the beds in our room was especially appalling with the aging box spring and mattresses broken and very uncomfortable. Likewise, the pillows, which were hard and lumpy. My wife had a backache for days after our stay here.
After our room had been made up on the third day of our stay I noticed that the sheets still hadn’t been changed – three days between changes seems to be too long as far as I’m concerned. It’s not as if we were getting a better rate to get less service. When I asked at the office how often they changed sheets in the rooms the clerk said that they only changed them on request and not after a certain number of days.
It seems that the present owner is cutting corners any way possible to reduce costs and the Nordic is definitely suffering for it.
Overall, the rooms are getting somewhat dated and could use a major do over.
During out time in Lincoln City we have been looking around for a better place to stay for our next vacation as we surely will not be returning to the Nordic.

Room Tip: Check out the beds before you check in.
Green Features: Save themselves a bundle by not changing the bedding.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
beachinn, General Manager at Nordic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
We do strive to keep our customers happy. We want you to enjoy your stay. I am sorry you felt the bed was lumpy. I assure the frame was not broken. We have recently upgraded the pillows. I am sorry you did not notice all of the upgrades that have been made to the rooms and premises. We have put in 2 inch flat screen TV, tiled the counters and bathrooms,resurfaced the pool and spa,refinished all of the tables in the rooms,put in new pickets and worked on our private beach stairs.Each year we plan a project for the winter months to keep the hotel moving forward. We hope to see you again so you can take in all of the upgrades that have been done and will be done in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've been staying at the Nordic for years and always come back because it is a comfortable, clean place with a super ocean view and a great staff. They always greet me, are very accommodating and have everything I need in one place. The pool is a perfect temperature and the hot tub is like a warm bath; not too hot - just right. They have a complimentary breakfast with lots of choices whether you want something light, or something to stick to your ribs until lunch. During the day you can watch the migrating whales and the fishing boats as they pass by or relax on the outside deck with a good book and a glass of wine; or just soak up the sun and the sea air. For a real treat, get a room with a fireplace - it provides a wonderful ambience - you can relax in front of it while watching a beautiful sunset, the end of a perfect day.

Room Tip: Every room I've ever stayed in has been perfect, the view is fantastic!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

All rooms have outstanding views of the beach, about 50' below the edge where Nordic and other hotels perch. Only the Nordic has a private walkway to get to the beach, though. Rooms are very nice, and the mattress was in very good condition. The kitchenettes are well furnished, with pots, pans and plates/glasses/utensils for 4. Gas fireplaces add a nice, "kitschy" ambiance, and are also great for heating if you turn on the blower! Front desk was exceedingly helpful with everything. If you're active duty or retired military, remember to ask for a discount on the room rate. Check out their very informative website at www.nordicoceanfrontinn.com

Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was one of the nicest spots I've ever stayed in Lincoln City. For the price, there is none better on the Oregon Coast. Very clean rooms and pool facilities, comfortable bed, quiet, and the view from the room was fantastic. I will not stay anywhere else from now on. Period. Thank you for three nights of comfort, we will be back!

Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We only stayed one night here but had a fine time. The room was clean and comfortable and the ammenties were nice and new. The pool was very nice as was the hot tub. We especially liked that the pool was warm enough to just jump right in and the hottub was not overly hot like a lot of places. The complementary continental breakfast is adequate as well and the view from our room was very likety the best I have seen yet in Lincoln City and I have stayed in a lot of places. The only thing I would say is that the window really needs a screen in it for safely and the carpet is somewhat dated and tired looking. We will stay again!

Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband surprised me for my birthday/Valentines getaway this weekend. I'm the one usually picking out the hotels but this time he did. We thought it was just ok. The view was sensational and the rooms were clean BUT ..... the rooms need major updating. The carpet is old dirty and ugly. The bedding was ugly and not really comfortable. We thought we were getting a King w/ a fireplace but we just got a regular King room. The bathroom was small and they didn't have any cozy blankets in the room. It was just ok.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Salem, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I love this place! The first time I stayed there was with my boyfriend. It was the first time we went away as a couple. :) I think we stayed in room 107. I've stayed on the 1st, 2nd, and third floor. All of them are nice.

Everyone is very friendly, the rooms have great views. I think the only thing that I am not a big fan of is, the pool area. All of the windows bug me. Personal preference though. It's still nice and I do use it.

Quiet, comfortable, nice staff, and view. What else can you ask for?
I wanna say the last time we stayed was in November 2012, and we are going again now... February 2013 :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Nordic Oceanfront Inn? Share your experiences!