“Great View & Great Waffles” 3 of 5 stars

2133 NW Inlet Ave, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Eugene, Oregon
“Great View & Great Waffles”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The view was great, we did not get a balcony which was disappointing. The beach access is not made for anyone that can not walk up or down stairs. It is very steep and has a couple right angles. There are a few stops along the way for you to rest if you need too.

The breakfast in the morning was actually very good. The waffles were the best part.

The room was dated but acceptable. We liked the murphy bed in the front room.

The pool was a little dated as well. Just plain, no workout stuff or plants even. It could have been an outdoor pool. Nothing fancy.

All in all we had a nice stay. We were not happy with the front desk staff. The woman was part owner I think. Not sure but she was not friendly at all and they wait to charge your credit card until you check out. So instead of leaving your keys and going you have to go back in.

I think it is a bit of a rip off to not let you check in until 3 or 4pm and expect you out by 11am no matter what. So they say you pay for one day stay but you are shorted a good bit off the 24 hour mark.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
beachinn, General Manager at Nordic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Nordic Oceanfront Inn. I am sorry you were not completely satisfied with our hotel. I regret we did not have a balcony unit available for the dates you requested, but as you stated the view was great! In regards to the pool area it was actually remodeled and has new tile and also was resurfaced. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the complimentary hot continental breakfast. Having hot Belgium waffles in the morning is always a treat. I do apologize if you felt I (the GM) was unfriendly, all of our staff including myself strive to make our guests stay as pleasant as possible. In reply to your check out issues, you can request to pay on check in. We authorize your credit card and charge you at check out as a convenience to our guests, so they can add a night’s stay or movies and popcorn easily.
Our check in and checkout time is what is normal for hotels. Most hotels have check in between 4-6 pm and check out from 11am to noon depending on the business. You are renting for a night not for 24 hours .I am sorry but we do follow general hotel standards. We do hope you will stay with us again so we can show just how much we do appreciate our guests.
Sincerely, Yvonne Darr
Nordic Oceanfront Inn GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Salem, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I couldnt believe how Nice this place is!

We pulled up in a dirty car,surfboards ,dirty shoes and cloths and they treated us so Nice! Lol (we were on the beach all day )

Great room,service,food,pool, ocean view and bathrooms are Nice!
Best part the price is great as well!!
We have been here twice in the past year and will be coming back!
Thank you!

• Stayed November 2011
beachinn, General Manager at Nordic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay.Look forward to your next visit.We really do appreciate your kind words . .
Yvonne Darr Nordic Oceanfront Inn GM
Osoyoos, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Can't say enough about the location, or the helpful and friendly staff, and despite everything beaig very clean, the building and room was very tired. The bed in particular was very uncomfortable, and we kept rolling into the middle of it. Appliances were functional but also very old and tired. Breakfast in the morning was average. I realize that to sleep at the beach a higher price has to be paid, but we have stayed at other lower priced hotels on the water in Lincoln which provided better value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hanover Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights, Sept 6th thru the 12th. Room was really nice and clean. Water pressure in the shower was awesome! View is wonderful (especially when sun is shining). Patio avaliable for relaxing. Walk down the stairs outside, for a walk on the beach. The only bad part is walking back up! lol. Employees are very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel! Short drive to casino, resturants, and activities. Also, the beds were great. Slept better here, than I have in a long time!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your staying with us . It was nice to hear such exciting and energetic words describing our hotel. Look forward to seeing you again soon!
Yvonne Darr
Nordic Oceanfront Inn GM
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Came in without a reservation. Being the last week of August there were rooms available throughout Lincoln City, and we checked a couple, but the friendly greeting we received from the front desk clerk on duty at the Nordic, as well as his ability to get us an oceanfront room for less than $100, sold us on the Nordic. Nice breakfast buffet (continental+) and all staff were pleasant. We made it a two-night stay rather than the 1 night originally planned.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cornelius, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We have been staying at the Nordic for the last 4-5 years and have always had a great room and time at Lincoln City. We usually stay there at 2 times a year (our anniversary and just before school starts) and have always found the room very clean and the staff very helpful, we try to stay on the second or third floor because we like to hang out in the room with the windows open!

Room Tip: We usually book the room online and add a request for a room on the second or third floor (in the no...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Nordic Oceanfront Inn is a great choice if you are looking for a wonderful view of the ocean and a clean room. Our double queen room had a mini fridge and microwave in it. The bathroom is small but very clean. I found our room to be a little larger than the average hotel room.

The hotel is an older hotel but it very well maintained. The hotel is three stories and there is no elevator. Those who stay on the first or second floors will have no stairs to contain with (the second level of the hotel is level with the office and there is a walkway to the second level floors). However, if you have a problem with stairs this isn’t the hotel for you if you plan to spend time at the beach (from the hotel that is). It is a big trek down to the beach. Several steps down and up. There are some small areas to rest along the way, but believe me it is a work out down to the beach…and even more back up. There is a great deck area that overlooks the ocean for those who can’t (or don’t want too) make the trek down to the sand. I love the deck area. I could have sat there for hours. All rooms have an ocean view and I was told the windows are cleaned three times a week.

There is a nice pool and hot tub. The pool is 6 feet deep in the deepest end which was great for my boys to jump in. The pool is an average sized hotel pool but it does get busy in the late afternoon and evening. The pool hours are a little odd, it doesn’t open until 9:30am. A little late compared to other places we’ve stayed. The hot tub wasn’t as hot as I would have liked and it you could see a light layer of sand on the bottom of it. But at the beach you just have to expect sand to be in the pool and hot tub. You have to get your pool towels at the front desk. We were only given one per family member.

The beds were comfortable, but I highly suggest you bring your own pillows. They were the most uncomfortable pillows I have ever used in a hotel. And heed my suggestion, if you are able to do stairs, request a third floor room. We were on the second floor and trust me when I say that you can hear the people above you. We could hear them walking, we could hear their toilet flush, we could hear them shower/take a bath, etc…Really the walking noise was really loud. It sounded like there was a herd of elephants above us. I checked out and told the person about the noise issues he asked what time it was and said they have security staff to handle issues during “quiet hours”. When I told him it was started at 6am he acted like he could have cared less. I would think 6am would still be considered “quiet hours” but whatever.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Nordic Oceanfront Inn? Share your experiences!