“Loved everything!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nordic Oceanfront Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Nordic Oceanfront Inn
You added Nordic Oceanfront Inn to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   2133 NW Inlet Ave, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Salem, Oregon, United States
“Loved everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I couldnt believe how Nice this place is!

We pulled up in a dirty car,surfboards ,dirty shoes and cloths and they treated us so Nice! Lol (we were on the beach all day )

Great room,service,food,pool, ocean view and bathrooms are Nice!
Best part the price is great as well!!
We have been here twice in the past year and will be coming back!
Thank you!

• Stayed November 2011
beachinn, General Manager at Nordic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay.Look forward to your next visit.We really do appreciate your kind words . .
Yvonne Darr Nordic Oceanfront Inn GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Osoyoos, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Can't say enough about the location, or the helpful and friendly staff, and despite everything beaig very clean, the building and room was very tired. The bed in particular was very uncomfortable, and we kept rolling into the middle of it. Appliances were functional but also very old and tired. Breakfast in the morning was average. I realize that to sleep at the beach a higher price has to be paid, but we have stayed at other lower priced hotels on the water in Lincoln which provided better value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hanover Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights, Sept 6th thru the 12th. Room was really nice and clean. Water pressure in the shower was awesome! View is wonderful (especially when sun is shining). Patio avaliable for relaxing. Walk down the stairs outside, for a walk on the beach. The only bad part is walking back up! lol. Employees are very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel! Short drive to casino, resturants, and activities. Also, the beds were great. Slept better here, than I have in a long time!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your staying with us . It was nice to hear such exciting and energetic words describing our hotel. Look forward to seeing you again soon!
Yvonne Darr
Nordic Oceanfront Inn GM
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Came in without a reservation. Being the last week of August there were rooms available throughout Lincoln City, and we checked a couple, but the friendly greeting we received from the front desk clerk on duty at the Nordic, as well as his ability to get us an oceanfront room for less than $100, sold us on the Nordic. Nice breakfast buffet (continental+) and all staff were pleasant. We made it a two-night stay rather than the 1 night originally planned.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cornelius, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We have been staying at the Nordic for the last 4-5 years and have always had a great room and time at Lincoln City. We usually stay there at 2 times a year (our anniversary and just before school starts) and have always found the room very clean and the staff very helpful, we try to stay on the second or third floor because we like to hang out in the room with the windows open!

Room Tip: We usually book the room online and add a request for a room on the second or third floor (in the no...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Nordic Oceanfront Inn is a great choice if you are looking for a wonderful view of the ocean and a clean room. Our double queen room had a mini fridge and microwave in it. The bathroom is small but very clean. I found our room to be a little larger than the average hotel room.

The hotel is an older hotel but it very well maintained. The hotel is three stories and there is no elevator. Those who stay on the first or second floors will have no stairs to contain with (the second level of the hotel is level with the office and there is a walkway to the second level floors). However, if you have a problem with stairs this isn’t the hotel for you if you plan to spend time at the beach (from the hotel that is). It is a big trek down to the beach. Several steps down and up. There are some small areas to rest along the way, but believe me it is a work out down to the beach…and even more back up. There is a great deck area that overlooks the ocean for those who can’t (or don’t want too) make the trek down to the sand. I love the deck area. I could have sat there for hours. All rooms have an ocean view and I was told the windows are cleaned three times a week.

There is a nice pool and hot tub. The pool is 6 feet deep in the deepest end which was great for my boys to jump in. The pool is an average sized hotel pool but it does get busy in the late afternoon and evening. The pool hours are a little odd, it doesn’t open until 9:30am. A little late compared to other places we’ve stayed. The hot tub wasn’t as hot as I would have liked and it you could see a light layer of sand on the bottom of it. But at the beach you just have to expect sand to be in the pool and hot tub. You have to get your pool towels at the front desk. We were only given one per family member.

The beds were comfortable, but I highly suggest you bring your own pillows. They were the most uncomfortable pillows I have ever used in a hotel. And heed my suggestion, if you are able to do stairs, request a third floor room. We were on the second floor and trust me when I say that you can hear the people above you. We could hear them walking, we could hear their toilet flush, we could hear them shower/take a bath, etc…Really the walking noise was really loud. It sounded like there was a herd of elephants above us. I checked out and told the person about the noise issues he asked what time it was and said they have security staff to handle issues during “quiet hours”. When I told him it was started at 6am he acted like he could have cared less. I would think 6am would still be considered “quiet hours” but whatever.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We arrived at the hotel at around 4pm and I have an unexpected one guest with me. The person in the front told me that they can not accomodate us with one room so I have to get another room and that is understable. I got two rooms for us. a total of six people. When I check the rooms it was a big disappoinment. It was so small, that even 2 people would be crowded in that room. The full kitchen that they said was a big 'CHEAT" It was so small the size of the countertop was enough to put the dishtray and thats it... The 4 burner stove was a big lie... there was only one burner that was working properly. The oven was not working properly too. There was no dishwasher. The cupboard was full with dishes but the drinking glasses were an old plastic glass and there was no wine glass either.
When we are about to sleep I can't sleep because I can hear every footstep from the people above us and when they use the restroom I can hear the water in between the wall flushing,... I have a high expectation for the price that I paid a big disappointment.
The only good thing about is the front office staff and the housekeeper was really great.
Stayed in rooms #101 and 110

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
beachinn, General Manager at Nordic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
I am sorry this guest was unhappy. This guest made her reservations online and had pictures to view showing the kitchen and interior of the hotel unit she booked. When she made reservations online she booked in for 4 guests. She called and added one more guest. The maximum capacity for the unit she reserved is 5 guests. Upon this guests arrival there were 6 guests. The front desk clerk advised we would have to put her in 2 units. We put her in a 2 room suite with a full kitchen and a unit with a queen, compact kitchen and fireplace. To offset the cost of the second room the owner was gracious enough to give a $20 discount on each room per night (which is a substantial discount considering the error was not ours) .The full kitchens do have a 4 burner stove. We did check this unit and all burners were working. The units do have plastic drinking glasses in the kitchen, but there are also glass
Drinking glasses in the bathroom. The kitchens are large enough to cook in, but they are not gourmet kitchens. The rooms she had were a 2 room suite with a separate Queen bedroom, living room area, full kitchen, gas fireplace and patio and a room with a Queen Bed, compact kitchen and gas fireplace. Both of these units have the square footage expected in a hotel facility. I am sorry if she felt the guests above her were heavy footed .In the summer on the weekends we are extremely busy this can account for the unit being a little noisy. The unit is located on the ground floor. This guest may want to consider requesting the top floor next time she makes reservations at a hotel especially in the summer and on the weekend. I do apologize but we did try to accommodate this guest to the best of our ability considering the circumstances.