“Last-minute hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
“Last-minute hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Came in without a reservation. Being the last week of August there were rooms available throughout Lincoln City, and we checked a couple, but the friendly greeting we received from the front desk clerk on duty at the Nordic, as well as his ability to get us an oceanfront room for less than $100, sold us on the Nordic. Nice breakfast buffet (continental+) and all staff were pleasant. We made it a two-night stay rather than the 1 night originally planned.

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Cornelius, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We have been staying at the Nordic for the last 4-5 years and have always had a great room and time at Lincoln City. We usually stay there at 2 times a year (our anniversary and just before school starts) and have always found the room very clean and the staff very helpful, we try to stay on the second or third floor because we like to hang out in the room with the windows open!

Room Tip: We usually book the room online and add a request for a room on the second or third floor (in the no...
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Nordic Oceanfront Inn is a great choice if you are looking for a wonderful view of the ocean and a clean room. Our double queen room had a mini fridge and microwave in it. The bathroom is small but very clean. I found our room to be a little larger than the average hotel room.

The hotel is an older hotel but it very well maintained. The hotel is three stories and there is no elevator. Those who stay on the first or second floors will have no stairs to contain with (the second level of the hotel is level with the office and there is a walkway to the second level floors). However, if you have a problem with stairs this isn’t the hotel for you if you plan to spend time at the beach (from the hotel that is). It is a big trek down to the beach. Several steps down and up. There are some small areas to rest along the way, but believe me it is a work out down to the beach…and even more back up. There is a great deck area that overlooks the ocean for those who can’t (or don’t want too) make the trek down to the sand. I love the deck area. I could have sat there for hours. All rooms have an ocean view and I was told the windows are cleaned three times a week.

There is a nice pool and hot tub. The pool is 6 feet deep in the deepest end which was great for my boys to jump in. The pool is an average sized hotel pool but it does get busy in the late afternoon and evening. The pool hours are a little odd, it doesn’t open until 9:30am. A little late compared to other places we’ve stayed. The hot tub wasn’t as hot as I would have liked and it you could see a light layer of sand on the bottom of it. But at the beach you just have to expect sand to be in the pool and hot tub. You have to get your pool towels at the front desk. We were only given one per family member.

The beds were comfortable, but I highly suggest you bring your own pillows. They were the most uncomfortable pillows I have ever used in a hotel. And heed my suggestion, if you are able to do stairs, request a third floor room. We were on the second floor and trust me when I say that you can hear the people above you. We could hear them walking, we could hear their toilet flush, we could hear them shower/take a bath, etc…Really the walking noise was really loud. It sounded like there was a herd of elephants above us. I checked out and told the person about the noise issues he asked what time it was and said they have security staff to handle issues during “quiet hours”. When I told him it was started at 6am he acted like he could have cared less. I would think 6am would still be considered “quiet hours” but whatever.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We arrived at the hotel at around 4pm and I have an unexpected one guest with me. The person in the front told me that they can not accomodate us with one room so I have to get another room and that is understable. I got two rooms for us. a total of six people. When I check the rooms it was a big disappoinment. It was so small, that even 2 people would be crowded in that room. The full kitchen that they said was a big 'CHEAT" It was so small the size of the countertop was enough to put the dishtray and thats it... The 4 burner stove was a big lie... there was only one burner that was working properly. The oven was not working properly too. There was no dishwasher. The cupboard was full with dishes but the drinking glasses were an old plastic glass and there was no wine glass either.
When we are about to sleep I can't sleep because I can hear every footstep from the people above us and when they use the restroom I can hear the water in between the wall flushing,... I have a high expectation for the price that I paid a big disappointment.
The only good thing about is the front office staff and the housekeeper was really great.
Stayed in rooms #101 and 110

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
beachinn, General Manager at Nordic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
I am sorry this guest was unhappy. This guest made her reservations online and had pictures to view showing the kitchen and interior of the hotel unit she booked. When she made reservations online she booked in for 4 guests. She called and added one more guest. The maximum capacity for the unit she reserved is 5 guests. Upon this guests arrival there were 6 guests. The front desk clerk advised we would have to put her in 2 units. We put her in a 2 room suite with a full kitchen and a unit with a queen, compact kitchen and fireplace. To offset the cost of the second room the owner was gracious enough to give a $20 discount on each room per night (which is a substantial discount considering the error was not ours) .The full kitchens do have a 4 burner stove. We did check this unit and all burners were working. The units do have plastic drinking glasses in the kitchen, but there are also glass
Drinking glasses in the bathroom. The kitchens are large enough to cook in, but they are not gourmet kitchens. The rooms she had were a 2 room suite with a separate Queen bedroom, living room area, full kitchen, gas fireplace and patio and a room with a Queen Bed, compact kitchen and gas fireplace. Both of these units have the square footage expected in a hotel facility. I am sorry if she felt the guests above her were heavy footed .In the summer on the weekends we are extremely busy this can account for the unit being a little noisy. The unit is located on the ground floor. This guest may want to consider requesting the top floor next time she makes reservations at a hotel especially in the summer and on the weekend. I do apologize but we did try to accommodate this guest to the best of our ability considering the circumstances.
Vancouver, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

excellent view,clean, friendly, good value....we enjoy staying here...have stayed many times....AAAA++++ everybody has different tastes....but we like this hotel and will stay here again and again....thanks nordic inn!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
beachinn, General Manager at Nordic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate that you are a tried and true member of our growing "Nordians" (Nordic Oceanfront Inn Frequent Guests) .The reviews are very helpful in letting us know what we are doing right and what we might need to improve upon. Thank you again for taking the time to put in a review .We look forward to your next visit.
Sincerely, Yvonne Darr
Nordic Oceanfront Inn GM
Umatilla, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Tried to book a hotel room online. When I looked online it said the room type we wanted was available for nights we wanted. I answered the questions about name, address, etc....when I entered the Credit Card number it said, "Can't Find a Room to assign to this Reservation" or something to that effect. I called the number and talked to a lady who was pretty abrupt on the phone, like I was wasting her time. She said the reason it said the room was unavailable online was because they did have that room type available, but it would be one room for the first night, then we would have to check out and recheck in another room for the second night. No late check out, early check in either. She said we would have to wait a couple/few hours...that we could just leave and eat or something and then check back in! We travel to Lincoln City every year and were looking for something more budget friendly and with breakfast, but with the chilly reception on the phone and the hassle of booking online, we will stick with our old favorites, The Sandcastle and D'Sands....their customer service rocks!

Room Tip: Stay Away!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
beachinn, General Manager at Nordic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I am sorry you did not like our online reservation system. We did have the room you requested as the system stated. I did advise you that we would need to move you to accommodate your request. I also tried to make the move as easy as possible by telling you we could move your belongings if you wanted to go out . We offer this service so you can enjoy your self and not have to wait for the room you are moving to to be cleaned.This service also helps us to get the room you are moving from ready for our next guest. You can stay in your room until noon to see if the unit you are moving to is available.You stated you did not want to move rooms.I did try to see if I could move a room so you would not have to move and I am sorry I was unable to accomplish this for you. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the way the situation was handled .I did try to the best of my abilities to accommodate your wishes.
Yvonne Darr
Nordic Oceanfront Inn G.M.
Snohomish, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed in one of their bedroom suites, which was very small. When the wall bed is down you can hardly get around it to the door. Our room was on the ground floor, barely see the water from the room. No cell service in our room. The pool was ok, the hot tub was not hot. The walls thin, we heard the people next to us and the guests upstairs, and every time they flushed all night long. We left for another hotel after one night. Even cost us the night we didn't stay. It was worth it, don't stay here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry this guest was dissatisfied with his accommodations. This unit is a large suite with a separate Queen bedroom, Queen Wall bed in the living room, full kitchen, gas fireplace and patio overlooking the ocean. The unit is ground floor so if you were sensitive to noise you might be affected. This is a hotel in the summer when it is busy and possibly noisy. We do have staff on duty for noise complaints, but water in the pipe and flushing toilets seriously! I am surprised at his statement about the pool and spa area. The pool area was recently remodeled. We keep the pool at a comfortable 88 degrees and the spa is kept at 102 degrees which is what is acceptable for public use. This guest did not mention any of his grievances on check out. The only statement from this guest was that his wife did not like the hotel. The guest did sign the registration advising we have a 48 hour cancellation and early check outs are charged. We charge for early check outs to try to avoid having rooms that other guests would have accommodated had the unit been available, I also notified him when he requested to check out early in case he wished to change his mind. We do appreciate all of our guests. I do apologize for his discomfort.
Sincerely, Yvonne Darr
Nordic Oceanfront Inn

Been to Nordic Oceanfront Inn? Share your experiences!