“We had a delightful stay at the Sea Horse” 5 of 5 stars

Sea Horse Oceanfront Lodging
1301 NW 21st Street, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
OLYMPIA
“We had a delightful stay at the Sea Horse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

We decided to have a mid week mini vacation and traveled to Lincoln City for a nights stay. Instead of making advanced reservations, we decided to take a chance and find lodging when we got there. The Sea Horse was the second place we saw and after looking at a couple other places, we went back to see if the Sea Horse had accommodations. We stayed in a beautiful King room with fireplace and balcony. It was so great that we decided to get dinner to go, come back to our room and watch the ocean while we ate. They had all the amenities that we could ever ask for and the staff was friendly and helpful. We will be staying at the Sea Horse from now on when we visit the coast.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Redding, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

We spent an excellent 7 days at the Seahorse with our two Dachshunds during the last week of September and enjoyed the experience immensely. The staff are very friendly and accommodating, the room simple but very clean, the view splendid, the free Wi-Fi and breakfast excellent. Just two blocks from access to the magnificent 7 mile beach. A fine value and we plan to make a weeks' stay an annual event. The outdoor hot tub with great view is an added bonus. Definitely recommended for anyone with pets...

Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

We stayed here for our first anniversary trip because we booked a package that included tickets to the Oregon Coast Aquarium and breakfast at the Wildflower Grill (which is amazing!).
Our biggest disappointment was probably the room. It was a lot older then made to look online and the bathroom was tiny. But we had a great view although the weather didn't cooperate and it was foggy our trip. The outdoor hot-tub is very cool but while we were there a motor was making a lot of noise so if you had the jets turned on you could not hear the ocean. The breakfast was good but housekeeping did not clean up our breakfast things the first night we were there. I'm not sure why...
Overall, we thought the service and location was great here but we felt it was a bit too overpriced for the quality. But they are right on the ocean so of course it's going to be high-priced!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Wilder, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

We were looking for a modestly priced hotel with a continental breakfast, fridge and preferably beach access. We got it all (although keep in mind the beach access is through a long staircase). I called to reserve a particular room and the woman I spoke with gave me such good information I changed it to meet our needs better. The hotel has some age to it but was very clean. I was concerned about possible noise from animals and although I saw several dogs I never heard any (and we slept with our windows open). We were in walking distance to many businesses as well. I would definately stay here again and recommend it.

Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

Let me start by admitting, I'm REALLY picky when it comes to Lodging!! But I can say, I was THRILLED with our room. This is the first time I had traveled with my pets (2 cocker spaniels) and wasn't sure what to expect from a pet room, but I looked at their website and reserved room 211. I loved our room! It was done in a lovely purple, there were two COMFORTABLE queen bed, a tv for the beds, a desk, a fireplace, a couch, a tv for the sitting area of the room, a mini fridge, a microwave, and a GORGEOUS view of the ocean. We were only a few doors down from a pool (which was VERY clean, and goes up to 7' deep!) and an outdoor hot tub which overlooks the ocean! Wow. When I checked in, I was given a little "gift bag" for my each of my dogs as well as two little dog comforters for them to use. The hotel staff is very friendly, and accommodating. The first day we arrived, it was a really warm, and the front desk lent us a fan to use during our stay. I didn't see any pet hair on anything (and trust me, I looked!), so you can tell they take pride in keeping their rooms VERY clean. I would give the Sea Hose Oceanfront Lodging 5 stars. I can also say, I will be staying here from now on when I'm in Lincoln City. It's a very convenient location: we were only five blocks from the main beach access, and the casino is only a few minutes drive up the road. There is a staircase which leads down to the beach directly from the hotel, however it's quite a climb! But, being elevated up from the beach gives you the perfect view!

• Stayed September 2009
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

When we arrived we were told that the floor of the room that we were assigned was being repaired. However, the manager put us into a room that was easily two upgrades from the one we were originally going to have. It was charming, not only did it have a king bed and coffeemaker but also a refrigerator and microwave and a complete kitchenette and dining nook! The bed was so comfortable we both slept like logs all night. The TV was housed in a beautiful white chifferobe and the swiveling glider/rocker chair had a matching glider footrest. Nice.
We only heard one little dog that gave a couple of yips and was immediately hushed. We certainly would stay here again because our room was so nice and quiet, My hubby enjoyed the pool and his walk on the beach. I am slightly disabled so I was content to watch the beautiful panorama of ocean, gulls, (some up very close on the terrace), and the gentle waves rolling onto the shore. Huge picture window with an exceptional view!
Breakfast was more than adequate.
Thank you for the great upgrade, Sea Horse managers. We appreciated it.

Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

This motel has lots of rooms with great views of the ocean. There is a somewhat steep stairway down to the sand. The indoor pool was really warm, just the way we like it. Outdoor jacuzzi, right by the pool, has wonderful view as well. Although the motel is older,, our room was clean. The hotel clerk was courteous, and efficient. She treated us like you would treat a visiting friend. When my car battery was dead the next morning, she provided a jumpstart box. The breakfast was fresh, and tasty. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Sea Horse Oceanfront Lodging? Share your experiences!