“Everything I had hoped for!” 4 of 5 stars

Sea Horse Oceanfront Lodging
1301 NW 21st Street, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Cameron Park, California
“Everything I had hoped for!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I came to Oregon to visit 2 girlfriends I hadn't seen in over 20 years! I was looking for a hotel on the beach!

I got what I was looking for! Just amazing! The view from our room was incredible. 131 stairs down to the beach!

It was raining most of the day, but stopped long enough for us to go out and fly a kite. I would stay here again if I ever get back to Lincoln City, Oregon!

Great value too! Had a 1 bedroom suite with a kitchenette! Continental breakfast in the morning as well.

Room Tip: Ocean View!!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Oregon City, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We rented a one bedroom cabin. I loved it! It was perfect for what we needed. We brought our dog and I loved that we were able to have him with us for a reasonable price. The size of the cabin was bigger than I expected from the pictures and I loved that we had a kitchen. It was nice to be close to everything and the beach. I would recommend the Sea Horse to friends and family as well as choose to stay here in the future.

Nikki K

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

we stayed in a 1 bedroom cabin. It worked out great with plenty of room for the grandkids.
We were close to the pool and beach access. It was nice to have a kitchen and a little table for the kids to eat at.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We rented the family suite, which sleeps 8. The room had two separate bedrooms, one with a queen bed and full bathroom, and the other with two queen beds, fireplace and additional full bath. There was also a full kitchen and full living room with another fireplace. There is a balcony that overlooks the ocean. Truly a fantastic room! Very clean and updated, and the indoor pool and jacuzzi were right next door! My family and I had a great time and there was plenty of space for everyone!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Pendleton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This has been our third trip staying at the Sea Horse and My wife and I are completely satisified with the accomodations. The room is clean,the view is great and the staff have always been very helpful and courteous. The one drawback is that the walk down the 135 steps to the beach is difficult for my wife. Love being on the first floor and not having to climb steps to the upstairs room. The rooms are spacious enough for myself and wife. Would like to see screens put on so we could have the windows open farther during the night. Beautiful little community close to Depoe Bay and Newport. Every year the anticipation of getting to the motel and the coast is almost unberable. Thanks for the oppertunity to let me write a review on your motel.

Tom and Terri

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Bragg, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

After reading dozens of reviews about The Seahorse (yes, I usually start at the 5 and 1 dot ratings) it would of been helpful if more folks would have mentioned WHICH actual room number, or building they had stayed in....The staff were super nice....Luckily we were allowed to look at different options before deciding which to rent (with no reservations)....We stayed in cabin/duplex #105...I wouldn't say it was super or the worse experience for us...Just average..I didn't feel duped as it was only $83 a night...

We sure were glad we had a separate bedroom, duplex unit, joined together by a couple of garages. No attached neighbors ....Much quieter....Also easier as we have a rambunctious puppy...I would say the place is "Pet Friendly" but the area around the motel is not....Except the 135 steps down and up to the beach below....My husband and puppy took these steps numerous times on our stay with no problem....

My number one issue with older lodging is the smelly, nasty carpeting...They just don't shampoo them often enough..I say "Tear them out or keep them clean"...At the beach, or in a forest setting this needs to be done more often and it is not! Enough said!

We enjoyed our "kitchenette" unit with real ceramic plates, bowls, etc...real glassware and silverware for our use...A table and 2 chairs for take-out dinners...Had to unplug the Apartment size frig. though as it was just too noisy...We just used our cooler instead...Shower was standing unit, no tub..Bathroom was small but functional.....

Bed was comfy, linens, towels, etc. were fine....We also very much enjoyed our wood burning stove as its chilly and foggy on the coast...We found the wood pile ourselves behind a nearby garage, do ask where this is as they leave you small kindling, and logs that are just too big.We went through dozens of medium sized pieces on our 2 night stay...

I was comfy here, but IF I didn't have a dog, or wanted to be near family also staying here, I would not have picked The Seahorse....It really was fine for two nights only, but lacks charm or ambiance....It is what it is....Old and tired, like most of the lodging options I saw in Lincoln City..

We took a week driving/RV'ing almost the entire Oregon Coast from south to north, and there were many charming towns to spend time in....Lincoln City would not be my choice as my next "destination vacation spot".....It was more of a "functional" town......

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

When the person on the second floor got up to go to the bathroom it sounded as if my Roomie was going. The walls were so thin the neighbors alarm clock sounded like it was in the room too! Scratchy blankets. Awful bedding and bed. Nice view but no screens on the window? Paid too much for way too little.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Sea Horse Oceanfront Lodging? Share your experiences!