“Friendly smiles, very clean rooms, soft comfy bed, excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
We are remodeling!
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Friendly smiles, very clean rooms, soft comfy bed, excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

The room we stayed in was a one bedroom oceanfront, end of the hall.
Before I point out only 3 flaws, I just want to say I'd recommend this hotel to anyone! It's very clean, nice smelling, super comfy beds, and friendly smiling concierge make this place a great stop!
But I only found these (very minor) flaws:
1) The door to the room didnt close all the way. Thank god I double checked! I really had to pull to get it to close thoroughly. Double check the integrity of the door and notify the concierge.
2) We had the one bedroom suite, we basically had 2 doors out into the hall. Now, because I shacked my kids up in the double twin bedded room, i would have slept better knowing there was a chain on the secondary door. I slept in the main bed right by the main door, but a 5 year old can be mischievous. All a kid had to do was turn the handle and sneak out. A little concern from a concerned father.
3) (and this one is actually funny) Next to their pristine in-room coffee pots with honest to god real mugs, not styrofoam!, were little sealed packets of creamer, stir stick and one (yes, literally) ONE sugar packet. For as large as the mug was, one sugar packet wouldnt have put a dent in the overall flavor! I actually laughed hard at that one! There was another coffee pot in the adjoining room (remember: one bedroom suite), so that was both nice & convenient. Still funny though!

Again, I want to say these are all fixable problems upon notification of management. And I would like to say thank you to Pelican Shores for their fantastic hospitality and very nice room. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My wife and I have just had two nights with the amazingly friendly and helpful staff at this unpretentious but spotless and well appointed motel whose rooms face out onto the beach. We run our own B&B in Australia plus grow grapes and sell our wine so our holidays are spent keeping a critical eye on the B&Bs we stay in. On this trip we have been in the States for 6 weeks and most nights is a new B&B - we can honestly state that this one beats the lot over the 9 states through which we have travelled.
Apart for the ceaseless roar of the sea through our wide-open windows and the long walks up and down the beach via the B&Bs own steps we swam in their heated, indoor pool and on both nights had a BBQ by this pool cooked on the supplied BBQ, needless to say with implements they provide. The pool has a box of swimming play things for kids and there is another box by the steps to the beach for children going to the sands. It is thoughts such as these that show the true caring nature of these lovely people. The freshly prepared decaf coffee for my nightly visits to the office was also a lovely guesture of that simple element so often lacking in this often impersonal industry - caring.
We felt valued and pampered in our room with a kitchenette, microwave and larger-size fridge and a coffee maker in the room as well. I went to the office not just for the coffee but as much for the pleasure of talking to these attentive and interested ladies. Extra pillows and luggage racks were no problem either when requested.
Criticisms are that the internet is slow and needs attention plus we saw NO pelicans and were refused a refund for this BUT were offered a cup of decaf coffee instead so how can one argue?
Highly recommended indeed. Value was also excellent - all this for no more than we often had to pay for far less ie $88 incl tax per night. They also have laundry for guests use for which you pay BUT the powder is provided as is the fabric de-static sheets for the drier.

Room Tip: No room is 'bad' but some are larger and have kitchenettes with plates and cutlery plus a co...
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had a wonderful stay for our anniversary. The romance package was a nice touch. We were right next to the stairs to the beach and had our own patio to enjoy the sun. It might not be as private on very busy weekends but we stayed a Friday night, so no problems with noise. It is so close to everything that we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in a king room. There are narrow steps down to the rooms, so those with mobility problems...
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

First off, this review was solicited by Pelican Shores, after our two night stay. This review is in response to that. It's pretty detailed. I'm not an easy traveler nor do I like to stay in hotels so I grade hard. However, overall this hotel room was a reasonable value. We stayed in a two room suite with fireplace for $109/night.

Things I loved:
1. When we walked in, we had an absolutely spectacular & stunning view of the ocean from the very large sitting room window. You could open a portion of the window for the breeze as well as hear the ocean. We have paid a lot more for an ocean view room which didn't have a a whole lot better view than what we had here. Since we go to the coast primarily to be near the ocean, to see it, hear it, access it, this benefit ranked very high.
2. Access to the coast was very close and easy! Another great plus.
3. The people at the front desk were always pleasant, helpful, and enjoyable to work with and were very nice making various recommendations.
4. The value of the cost for the room to the size of room and it's amenities was very good and it was very clean!
5. The fireplace cranked out a lot of heat quickly which was so nice the morning a storm came in.

What would make me reconsider staying again:
1. The noise created by water running through the pipes at night is terrifying, waking me up in the middle of night as I tried to figure out what the loud noise was. Additionally the noise of slamming doors of neighboring rooms was also jarring.
2. I didn't love the bed since it felt as though it slanted down towards the end of the bed. In other words it didn't feel even.
3. The bathroom door was about 3-4 feet from the hotel room door. This was somewhat disconcerting. And the bathroom was small with minimal sink space.
4. No air conditioning. On the coast, you likely don't need air, however, there were times the room was uncomfortably warm if you closed the room up. We learned to leave the window, near the ocean, open when we left.
5. We wake up at 5, even on vacation. The continental breakfast was unavailable until 8am. We never took advantage of this benefit since it wasn't convenient to us.

The good:
Since we had the two room suite we quite liked the sitting space, tv, small dining table and kitchenette separate from the sleeping room. For an additional $20 we liked all the space.
The not so good:
The sofa was hard & uncomfortable. The dining chairs were minimally cushioned and uncomfortable.
The tv remote was slow to respond.

So, would I recommend it? It would depend on what your expectations are for your hotel room. Since ocean view, access, cleanliness and value rank pretty high to me, I would give the odds at 78% that I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
westoverinns, Owner at Pelican Shores Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments. We are very sorry that some aspects of our property weren't to your satisfaction. This fall we are remodeling so each room will have a new bed and additional soundproofing. We hope that you will stay with us in the future.
Happy Valley, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I'm usually a pretty difficult customer to deal with but in this case I kept calm and knew I'm staying during a busy holiday weekend. There were some minor issues and all were quickly resolved by hotel staff. This by far is the best customer service I've had. The staff here were all on top of things when I needed something done. They made sure I was comfortable and I was happy.

Room Tip: Rooms are base of preference. I needed a room with two beds. My friends got a room with 1 bed and a...
Green Features: The staff members are all extremely friendly. They checked to ensure my issues were all resolved and I was happy.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed three nights in a room with fireplace. We will probably stay here every time from now onwards. It was perfectly located on the beach and close to highway 101 for easy access to restaurants and groceries. A few short steps led down to a clean sandy beach from the hotel ground floor. The view from the third floor room was amazing. I am withholding the extra star for the lack of room cleanup one day and the late breakfast start time of 8-10 am. Overall, we loved the view from our room and the beach was very accessible. It is very economically priced based on location and amenities they offer. We were very satisfied with our stay!

Room Tip: Any room on the third floor is awesome. Be warned they don't have an elevator so not good if you...
Green Features: They are very environmentally conscious and clean.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Halfmoon Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We have stayed at this property 4 times and we love it, great staff, spotless rooms
and easy to get to the beach. We always take a room on the ground floor some even have patios
Can't go wrong at this hotel

Room Tip: Get the ocean view rooms even if the weather is bad you can sit in the window and drink your wine
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Pelican Shores Inn? Share your experiences!