“Great deal!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
concord, california
“Great deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

We walked into this hotel after seeing a vacancy sign on the hwy. We paid 149 for a 2 br suite. I never had paid so little for an ocean front room. It had enough supplies for a longer stay, refrigerator, micro, stocked cupboards. The two rooms made it a perfect stay for parents with teens. The kids had there own tv. Breakfast was good, and the sunsets from the room will bring me back!

• Liked — location, ammenities
  • Disliked — would have liked the ocean front bedroom to be locked off rather than the back bedroom
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

Stayed 3 nights in the room with the extra bedroom on the ground floor with patio. Plenty of room for family of 4. Loved being right on the beach and we had the beach to ourselves mostly. We had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. The kids loved the pool as it was nice and warm in contrast to the ocean. The breakfast was basic but well done. The staff was good and the movie selection excellent. This is a fairly small hotel and I liked that. Not many people to contend with. We also stayed in Seaside on our trip and Lincoln City was far and away the better choice. The only issue I had was with the inconsistent water temp when using the shower. I was told at the front desk that it had to do with the age of the pipes/building and that nothing could be done. It was a bit of a nuisance but hardly detracted from an otherwise great stay. Highly recommended. Good rates too.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Hot water variation
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2008

The Pelican Shores Inn is the best hotel I've stayed at in years! The hotel is located in a nice quiet area right on the beach, we had a great view from our room! They are easy to find and close to the action (restaurants, shopping, things to do etc) but still enough off the beaten path that you don't feel crowded by all the people and traffic. The hotel has their own set of stairs down to the beach so it was very easy and convenient to get down to the beach. The continental breakfast was decent, about what you should expect from a free breakfast. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was perfect for us, with a kitchenette and seperate bedroom for our child. The room was very clean upon our arrival. The linens and decor looked pretty new/updated. We enjoyed the beds, very comfortable. The room had a lot of guest info (restaurants, things to do, etc) so tourists like us could easily find what we were looking for. We weren't able to find time to use the pool but we did check it out and found it to be very well heated and maintained-looked nice, I wish we would have had time to swim. This hotel is a small property (less than 40 rooms) and we felt very comfortable there. We didn't have to worry about a lot of noise or traffic. I will definatley recommend this place to my family and friends as the best place to stay in Lincoln City.

• Liked — Quiet, easy access location
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

Frankly, I am very surprised at the negative reviews below. My husband and I have stayed at Pelican Shores on average 3-4 times a year for the last 5 years. He and I have only had one problem in that amount of stays. The trip before this last one, the shower temp. was uneven. I wrote about it on the comment card provided in each room. About a week later, I received a letter from the manager apologizing and she included a gift cert for our next stay. My husband and I went back this time and the pool was closed for a new filter/maint. When we arrived, the clerk checking us in was making phone calls personally to each of their reservations and telling them about it BEFORE they checked in. That's great service in my book. When we checked out, the manager was in the office. When she saw our gift cert. she asked if there was something wrong last visit that she doesn't give those out unless there was a problem and did they fix it this time? We said yes the shower was great this time. My husband offhandedly (not seriously) said "yeah, but now the pool is out!" She then said "I hate it when I try to fix something and then there is something else wrong, here is another $25 off this visit!" We ended up only paying $55 for our King room.

I don't know what exactly happened with the other reviewers, but I have only seen polite staff, VERY clean rooms (you can smell the cleanliness upon opening the door), great ocean front views, comfortable accommodations. I think the frequency that my husband and I have stayed there, we would have seen a trend and the trend is a good one. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — The cleanliness of the room, the ocean front view, the private beach access
  • Disliked — That the pool was closed (only temporarily)
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2008

Pelican Shores is becoming a family favourite for our spring break Oregon road trip. The staff are always friendly (especially Alvin!), the pool is clean, the room is ideal, and the view is wonderful. The breakfast is fine (good selection of cold cereals, packaged oatmeal, packaged bagels and high fat muffins, coffee/tea) but the overall value is GREAT: $109 midweek in March. We'll be back next year!

• Liked — Staff friendliness and view from the room
  • Disliked — breakfast (fine but nothing special)
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

The price of the room was excellent. $94 for a one bedroom fireplace suite. The only real downside is that they don't have balconie's, so the only view is out a window. But it's so close to the beach. Comes with a mini kitchen, which was great. Free internet. The staff was nice enough and the room was clean. The bathroom was a bit of an odd shape. Overall a good experience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Estacada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2008

This hotel is very reasonably priced and has an amazing ocean front view. Every room sits on the ocean.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. They are very large and accomodate a wheelchair easily even in restrooms that are not deemed "accessible".

This is a 3 story motel with no elevator so if you cannot climb stairs be sure to specify you need a main level room! This hotel is more than eager to accomodate you!

Breakfast is fruit and breads. No protein, but a good variety of cereals and breads. They have hot tea and coffee all day long in the office area and usually you can also find warm cookies!

The pool is great! It is in a separate building in the parkinglot but close to all the rooms. Outside the pool is a BBQ families can use if they choose.

Very friendly place to stay!

• Liked — Great rooms and view, nice people,
  • Disliked — Need to drive to places to eat or shop
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Pelican Shores Inn? Share your experiences!