Let me start by saying the hotel is a little older but has been updated. The room was VERY clean and the staff very helpful and nice.
Some of the issues we had were out of staff's control, like the cable screwing up but the remote for the television was wonky too I think because it went real loud w/o being touched. We were offered a movie because of the cable issue.
Also the fireplace is a little wonky. It is on a thermostat but it kept going off and on. The gal came up and said it was an on/off switch not really a gauge so it should be turned all the way on.
We stayed on one end and our room was at the end of a hall and was diagonally connected at the doorway to the room next to us. Any time someone was in the hall or trying to get into their room it sounded as if they were in our room with us. Also we were by the stairs so when customers checked in at 9:30pm they talked and drug their suitcase up the stairs we could hear them through our bedroom window. On the PLUS side, we didn't hear people in their room talking or their TV. The shower's coming on are noisy though.
The view was nice but be careful not to get an end bottom room cause their is a cement wall.
ANOTHER issue was they did not open the office or for breakfast until 8am. Not a deal if you are prepared but if you need to eat before 8am it is a bummer.
If you NEED coffee like I do make sure you bring your supplies. They give you coffee but the room comes with the off brand powdered 'coffee creamer' that is nasty. What I did was go to the office when they DID open and get what I needed for the following morning. So like I said, not a deal if you know ahead of time.
They do offer a covered pool but it was full of screamy kids, which is fine but I left my kids at home so I avoided this . :o)
Breakfast was pastry/cold cereal/instant oatmeal/yogurt. This was good for me but don't look for any hot foods like some offer. Like I said my only complaint was the time and I fixed that.
Shower was good, bed was comfortable.
So...all in all it was a nice little place. I think it is a great place for some but I might look for a different kind of place with less traffic outside my bedroom window next time.
I would recommend this place to stay as long as you are aware of the 'issues/happenings'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests will enjoy spectacular oceanfront views, suites with gas fireplaces and kitchens, complimentary continental breakfast, direct beach access, Wi-Fi and heated indoor pool. Ideal location at the North end of Lincoln City. Discover why our guests love it here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Pelican Shores Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Shores Hotel Lincoln City
- Pelican Shores Lincoln City