“Mixed Review” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
RoseBriar22
“Mixed Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Let me start by saying the hotel is a little older but has been updated. The room was VERY clean and the staff very helpful and nice.
Some of the issues we had were out of staff's control, like the cable screwing up but the remote for the television was wonky too I think because it went real loud w/o being touched. We were offered a movie because of the cable issue.
Also the fireplace is a little wonky. It is on a thermostat but it kept going off and on. The gal came up and said it was an on/off switch not really a gauge so it should be turned all the way on.
We stayed on one end and our room was at the end of a hall and was diagonally connected at the doorway to the room next to us. Any time someone was in the hall or trying to get into their room it sounded as if they were in our room with us. Also we were by the stairs so when customers checked in at 9:30pm they talked and drug their suitcase up the stairs we could hear them through our bedroom window. On the PLUS side, we didn't hear people in their room talking or their TV. The shower's coming on are noisy though.
The view was nice but be careful not to get an end bottom room cause their is a cement wall.
ANOTHER issue was they did not open the office or for breakfast until 8am. Not a deal if you are prepared but if you need to eat before 8am it is a bummer.
If you NEED coffee like I do make sure you bring your supplies. They give you coffee but the room comes with the off brand powdered 'coffee creamer' that is nasty. What I did was go to the office when they DID open and get what I needed for the following morning. So like I said, not a deal if you know ahead of time.
They do offer a covered pool but it was full of screamy kids, which is fine but I left my kids at home so I avoided this . :o)
Breakfast was pastry/cold cereal/instant oatmeal/yogurt. This was good for me but don't look for any hot foods like some offer. Like I said my only complaint was the time and I fixed that.
Shower was good, bed was comfortable.
So...all in all it was a nice little place. I think it is a great place for some but I might look for a different kind of place with less traffic outside my bedroom window next time.
I would recommend this place to stay as long as you are aware of the 'issues/happenings'.

Room Tip: Don't choose rooms on the bottom ends if you want a big view. I would stay away from the stairs...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Auburn, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We've stayed at Pelican Shores two times and are headed back there in a few weeks. It's not a fancy place, but very adequate, clean, and comfortable with a good variety of room types. The view of the ocean is fabulous. It's located at the north end of town and away from much of the busyness and traffic. The beach is just a few stairs away and it's a nice walking beach. You also have easy access to stores and restaurants. I have recommended Pelican Shores to friends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My aunt came to visit for the East coast. She loves the Oregon coast, so I made a reservation to the Pelican Shore Inn. We had the one bedroom suite with fire place and two queen beds. The view was breath taking to see the ocean right from our living room. All of Pelican Shore property are ocean front which is a plus. The room was spacious and very roomy. The bed was very soft and comfortable. The suite had two flat screen T.V one in the bedroom and living area. The kitchen net was just the right size to meet our needs for the two days we were thier. The price was right for the property and the light breakfast was a plus. The staff was very friendly and went beyong the call of duty to assist when ever possible. I would give the Pelican Shores Inn*** stars. I really like this property and will be back.

Room Tip: I like the room with the fire place, because it gives you the option if you chose to use it or not.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights for our honeymoon and have to say was very pleased. The rooms we clean, the view was amazing, staff was very friendly. Not far from anything at all , we actually walk pretty much everywhere. Good rates and nice clean pool. We have aleady suggested to our friends.

• Stayed April 2013
Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was are first stay at the coast and we really enjoyed our stay. It's kid friendly and the service was great. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The view of the ocean was beautiful and the bed was not bad at all. The price was reasonable and they have a heated pool with noodles for the children to play with. We are looking forward to our next stay... : )
Oh, and the customer service was excellent; by phone and in person.

Room Tip: Bottom rooms are great if you have children : ) There is no a/c, but they do have box fans... Plus...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I'ts almost impossible to find a better location than Pelican Shores. Right on the beach, there is an area just to the south of the hotel with rocks where we found a bunch of agates. The staff was very nice. I don't think there is a better place for larger families on the beach that won't break the bank. Thanks again Pelican. And thanks for letting my son get lots of snacks:)

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

First off, if you were staying here the night of April 8th, I'd like to apologize for my son crying for a solid hour around midnight. We felt so embarrassed because it's such a nice hotel.

The rooms were spacious and felt luxurious for the price. The subtle, sophisticated paint colors and bedding do a lot to put forth that impression. Our king patio suite was huge! The 2 queen room was a little cold, but that's to be expected because it's probably carved out of a cliff. There is a heater in that room that did a little to take the chill off. Each room had it's own bathroom, tv, fridge, and microwave, which is really nice when you are traveling with a family. The 2 queen room had a table and 4 chairs. The front king room had 2 armchairs and a side table in front of the sliding door to the patio. Everything was immaculately clean and in great condition. Beach was a short flight of stairs away. The view of the sunset was spectacular.

I did not partake of the breakfast but it had everything one would expect, cereal, bagels, pastries, fruit. The front desk clerk was very helpful with directions to local restaurants. I would definitely come here again and hopefully next time we can spend a few days here and use it as our base to explore the coast. And hopefully for the sake of other guests our son will have outgrown his crying jags!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Pelican Shores Inn? Share your experiences!