“Best Clam Chowder” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Twin Cities, MN
“Best Clam Chowder”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

It was raining cats and dogs the weekend we stayed in Lincoln City, OR. Raining so hard that it was impossible to be outside, so we did something I do not think we have ever done before together. In fact I know we have never done it before. We went shopping. To the Tangers Outlet Center. The Beach Town Deli was recommended to us by a clerk in one of the shops there. She was right on the money. The deli had the best clam chowder we had on our whole trip. The staff was very nice as well. My husband also had a reuben sandwich which he said was one of the best he had ever had. The only somewhat of a clunker was the personal size pizza I had. It was ine but kind of tasted like it came out of box. I am not a pizza snob by any means and I ate it anyway. The chowder more than made up for the deficiency in the pizza. If you happen to be shopping at the outlet center and need some food, the Beach Town Deli is a good place to stop.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Siletz, Oregon, United States
“Surprising good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was shopping at Tanger Outlet Mall and needed a sandwich to eat on my drive home. I asked at a store and they recommended Beach Town Deli & Café. I had a great sandwich, extremely fresh bread, $9.25 included a side salad but they let me switch for a brownie instead as it was a "to go" order. Very nice employees. Watched a number of meals being served and they all looked great. They aso have wine tasting if that is "your" thing. Pleasantly surprised. I used to never find any place to eat at Tanger Outlet that I liked. Now I have a place to grab a bit while shopping.

• Visited October 2013
Dallas, Oregon, United States
“wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Outstanding service and friendliness. Fast service with a smile. Haven't seen as good a place as this for a long time. Will make it a definite stop on our trips to the beach!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Carbondale, Illinois
“Ate there twice...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We shopped twice while visiting and at here both times. The first day my husband and I had sandwiches and my niece had a Ceasar salad. The 2nd time my husband and I had soups. He had clam chowder and was really impressed. He said the clams were nice and tender, not chewy like most chowders he has had. I had a chicken vegetable soup that was good, but had mushrooms. I don't like mushrooms. The place was busy both times and the service was good. You walk up and order and then they bring it out to you. It's not very big so it's best to grab a table before you order. We'd go back again

• Visited June 2013
Ketchikan
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is a nice place to get a soup and or sandwich while shopping at the outlet stores. The food was very good. place is clean and the folks are nice. Not much for seating. get there early.

• Visited March 2013