“Nicely decorated room” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Oregon
“Nicely decorated room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

The Oregon coast is a nice place to get away from the city and relax. I booked through priceline and obtained what I thought was a great rate for my room. Since I'd usually stayed at other places in Lincoln City, I wasn't sure what to expect. Upon arrival I received a friendly greeting and when I saw how the room was decorated, I was pleasantly surprised. I can't wait to bring my girlfriend there for a weekend.

Room Tip: If my room is representative of all the rooms, I think you will be in for a treat.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Lumberjack83-
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! The next time your thinking about stay with us, call us directly and ask about our Spa Suites! You will love those rooms, they are great for a romantic getaway with a special loved one. Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to your next visit!

Kachiri Flanagan
Front Desk Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Keizer, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for.my husband's birthday. We kept getting interrupted by the evening counter person. And the room itself had.many problems with the heat and lack of blankets. We tried.several times to contact the.manager but still they will not return our call. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014
Ron W, General Manager at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay at The Ashley Inn and Suites. Concerning the lack of blankets, all rooms have the same bedding package and air conditioning/heater units. We have additional blankets and comforters which we provide guests if they need them and would have provided you one if you had asked. We are diligent when it comes to the comfort and satisfaction of all our guests. And, because we had multiple complaints at the front desk about the noise you and your husband were making outside guests' windows after Midnight, my front desk agent was acting appropriately when she interrupted you. Perhaps it would have been better to have taken your discussion back to your room. It is not true that I did not return your call. I did speak with your husband who was quite demanding that we should do something like we did for your friends who also stayed in the hotel the same dates as you. Fact is, we did provide a substantial discount on your check-out although we received more complaints about you than we did from you.. Again, I am sorry that you feel the way you do about your stay. We will always take actions we deem appropriate for the greater good of all our guests and hope that you will come to understand the situation was handled appropriately for all concerned.
Philomath, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

There was a water leak in our window. Towels had been folded and placed beneath the leak. Water stains were on the window trim so it had obviously been like that for awhile.

The lights in the bathroom take a long time to start and are not very bright.

I love the microwave and refrigerator.

Beds are soft and cozy.

Modern rooms with a couch and table. Very nice.

Breakfast was delish!

• Stayed March 2014
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Ashley Inn and Suites. It appears that you enjoyed all our services. Unfortunately, the date of your stay we were experiencing an unusually strong storm with wind gusts from the southwest at over 75 mph. In cases such as these, we sometimes experience water coming through some of the large sliding windows facing the south. It appears this was the case with your room. I hope that you will stay with us again in more agreeable weather so you can experience the very best we have to offer!
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Clean room. No view. Cannot eat what you want for breakfast. Strange noises at night, clanging pipes or tap dancing. Staff were nice and helpful. Had DVD rentals. They did give me a special deal and discount because so many rooms were empty. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We have changed our breakfast from a buffet style to a sit and be served arrangement. This has worked well for us and many guests appreciate the change and personalized service. I apologize for the misunderstanding that you do not get enough to eat. Our intent is to provide better service to you at your table than you would experience standing in line to eat. We would have gladly served you more if we had known that you wished it. I will pass this information to our hostess staff who will make sure all guests get well fed. I trust that on your next stay with us you will see the difference.
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

The hotel wasn't terrible and the staff was very friendly, but my family would not stay here again. Do not pay more than $100, after taxes and fees for this hotel. We didn't realize there was a pool tournament the weekend of march 15th and paid $140 for a standard room with a king sized bed. Absolutely no view except of an empty building, which was really disappointing since we were at the beach. Continental bkfast setup was weird and not as fun as being able to pick what you want and eat a variety of foods. My family was very disappointed in this hotel since it looks fairly nice from street level.

Stayed March 2014
I am sorry that you thought the Ashley Inn and Suites were on the ocean and had scenic ocean views. I see that you were a walk-in customer and selected our hotel because of its location and view from the highway. Many of the hotels in Lincoln City, ours included, are located on Highway 101 away from the ocean and do jot have ocean views. We do provide services which some ocean front hotels do not such as serving your freshly made breakfast to you at your table as a complimentary service unique in Lincoln City. We also have a salt-water pool and spa which is as therapeutic as it is functional. Combine that with a well-equipped exercise room and dry sauna and our larger than average guest rooms and you see the value of staying at our hotel. I hope that you will visit us again.
Springfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

There are not any ocean views so if you're looking for beachfront look somewhere else.
This is my 2nd time staying at Ashley Inn in Lincoln City. The rooms are always clean, the staff is always friendly. The front desk has more DVD's available for you to rent and watch in your room for only $1 each. That includes many new releases. They also sell soda, snacks, and beer if you wish. There's a mini-mart across the street and a McDonald's within a short walk.
My room has a mini-fridge and is very large. The pool, while small, is always fun to jump in for at least a few minutes.
The television is in front of only one of the beds in the 2 bed setup which makes it hard for people on the 2nd bed to view the tv. My shower had poor water pressure this time. I didn't report it to the front desk because it was so late I just didn't want to deal with it. I'd say my biggest disappointment was the breakfast is now a table service breakfast so you have to place an order with a server. There were only 6 people in the breakfast room while I was there and it took about 30 minutes to be served my breakfast sandwich. It was hot, but appears to be the same food items that were available while it was an all-you-can eat buffet. I can only imagine this change was made to save some money somehow, but it's not a great change at all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear ORTraveler477,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us here at the Ashley Inn and Suites. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed your second stay with us and appreciated the comments you had to help us know what we can do to improve how we run things, since input from our guests is the way we know what will make your stay with us better. While our location in Lincoln City isn't beachfront we are very centrally located to convenient shopping, and some of the best dining the area has to offer. Our breakfast is something that we are always adding things to, so there is a wide variety of items available for any diet. Thank you again so much for your review, and we hope that we will see you again next time you are on the Oregon Coast.

Mercedes Galasso
Corvallis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed for a basketball tourney and the property is in a good central location. It was nice to be able to walk 5 blocks or so to the beach in the morning. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The management wasn't too hard on the kids running around the property, just kept them under control and not bothering other guests.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Dear JD H,

Thank you so much for your review, we always love to hear back from our guests and were happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. When we have lots of kids staying in house like we did that weekend we understand that they want to have fun and we try to find that fine line between them having fun and disrupting other guests we have here since its important that every guest enjoys their stay here with us. Thank you again so much for your review and we hope to see you again next time you are in Lincoln City.

Mercedes Galasso
Front Desk Supervisor

Been to Ashley Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!