“you DONT get what you pay for ” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Washington
“you DONT get what you pay for ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

The hotel wasn't terrible and the staff was very friendly, but my family would not stay here again. Do not pay more than $100, after taxes and fees for this hotel. We didn't realize there was a pool tournament the weekend of march 15th and paid $140 for a standard room with a king sized bed. Absolutely no view except of an empty building, which was really disappointing since we were at the beach. Continental bkfast setup was weird and not as fun as being able to pick what you want and eat a variety of foods. My family was very disappointed in this hotel since it looks fairly nice from street level.

Stayed March 2014
Ron W, General Manager at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
I am sorry that you thought the Ashley Inn and Suites were on the ocean and had scenic ocean views. I see that you were a walk-in customer and selected our hotel because of its location and view from the highway. Many of the hotels in Lincoln City, ours included, are located on Highway 101 away from the ocean and do jot have ocean views. We do provide services which some ocean front hotels do not such as serving your freshly made breakfast to you at your table as a complimentary service unique in Lincoln City. We also have a salt-water pool and spa which is as therapeutic as it is functional. Combine that with a well-equipped exercise room and dry sauna and our larger than average guest rooms and you see the value of staying at our hotel. I hope that you will visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Springfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

There are not any ocean views so if you're looking for beachfront look somewhere else.
This is my 2nd time staying at Ashley Inn in Lincoln City. The rooms are always clean, the staff is always friendly. The front desk has more DVD's available for you to rent and watch in your room for only $1 each. That includes many new releases. They also sell soda, snacks, and beer if you wish. There's a mini-mart across the street and a McDonald's within a short walk.
My room has a mini-fridge and is very large. The pool, while small, is always fun to jump in for at least a few minutes.
The television is in front of only one of the beds in the 2 bed setup which makes it hard for people on the 2nd bed to view the tv. My shower had poor water pressure this time. I didn't report it to the front desk because it was so late I just didn't want to deal with it. I'd say my biggest disappointment was the breakfast is now a table service breakfast so you have to place an order with a server. There were only 6 people in the breakfast room while I was there and it took about 30 minutes to be served my breakfast sandwich. It was hot, but appears to be the same food items that were available while it was an all-you-can eat buffet. I can only imagine this change was made to save some money somehow, but it's not a great change at all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear ORTraveler477,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us here at the Ashley Inn and Suites. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed your second stay with us and appreciated the comments you had to help us know what we can do to improve how we run things, since input from our guests is the way we know what will make your stay with us better. While our location in Lincoln City isn't beachfront we are very centrally located to convenient shopping, and some of the best dining the area has to offer. Our breakfast is something that we are always adding things to, so there is a wide variety of items available for any diet. Thank you again so much for your review, and we hope that we will see you again next time you are on the Oregon Coast.

Corvallis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed for a basketball tourney and the property is in a good central location. It was nice to be able to walk 5 blocks or so to the beach in the morning. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The management wasn't too hard on the kids running around the property, just kept them under control and not bothering other guests.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Dear JD H,

Thank you so much for your review, we always love to hear back from our guests and were happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. When we have lots of kids staying in house like we did that weekend we understand that they want to have fun and we try to find that fine line between them having fun and disrupting other guests we have here since its important that every guest enjoys their stay here with us. Thank you again so much for your review and we hope to see you again next time you are in Lincoln City.

Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

For a early March Weekend trip to the casino, the Ashley is perfect. I really enjoy the large rooms, free hot breakfast, and in-room fridges. The fact that the front desk sells sodas, candy, ice cream and even alcoholic beverages was a big plus! Awesome to be able to walk in your bare feet to the lobby and charge a couple beers to your room...only $1.75 each...awesome deal!
The only small drawbacks I could note is a pool that has no time set aside for Adult Swimming, and a lack of towels upon check in.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to the pool or front desk, they have the most noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Supervisor A, Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Steven W,

We really appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review from your stay with us here at the Ashley Inn and Suites in March. We always love to hear back from our guests since it lets us know what we can do to make sure everyone has a good stay with us. Our mini mart is always a hit with our guests since many of them don't feel like leaving once they get here and get settled in. We always appreciate suggestions about how we can make your stay better and will definitely be taking your suggestions into consideration to improve your next stay with us.. Thank you again so much and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Lincoln City.

Camas, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were trying to get a room, to stay at the casino for the night. They were out of rooms, and promptly handed us a full page list of other hotels in the area. We looked at the list picking Ashley as our closest option. We were not expecting anything other than a place to sleep after a good night of gambling. Not only was I amazed that this place was WAY nicer than the hotel we were trying to stay at, it was LESS EXPENSIVE. We also were greeted warmly with our large Shepherd who was allowed in our room with us for the evening. We were also given a doggie bag with treats and the poop scoop bags. On to the next morning - Breakfast was also provided as part of our stay, and the staff went out of their way to accommodate our needs having arrived shortly after the breakfast quit being served. I will travel here again, and Ashley is truly where I will head straight for.

Room Tip: Pet friendly, pleasant and free breakfast!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Camaslilly -
Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying here with your pet! We love seeing our furry guests! I'm glad that you were able to try our full hot breakfast and I hope that you were able to try our indoor heated pool and hot tub as well. We are happy that you chose to stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Corvallis, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed with our daughters basketball team for the second year in a row. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is always friendly and helpfull. My kids love the pool, always a hit. I love that Starbucks is a walk across the parking lot. The breakfast is ok, the change to table service is nice on slower mornings, but when busy, as much as the servers were apologetic, it was way to slow. 30 minutes to wait is just to long to wait to get an order in, and then another 20 minutes for food. We all liked the self serve breakfast much better.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Jaime2721-

Thank you for your review! I am glad that your family enjoyed their stay with us. The basketball groups that stay with us are a nice group of kids! I am sorry to hear that it took awhile to get your breakfast. I will pass your concern on to my Managers. Having Starbucks next door is always a plus! We look forward to your visit next year!

Brookings, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stopped at Ashley Inn in Lincoln City on my way to a meeting in Portland. The room was very clean and comfortable. I had a great night sleep, something that often happens when I'm on the road. It was raining hard, yet there was plenty of parking near the main entrance, and once inside the warm atmosphere immediately helped me forget about the stormy weather outside.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dear 157Andy
Thank you for writing us a review.I am glad to hear that you had a nice stay with us. Our housekeepers work hard to make sure every room is nice and clean for our guests. I will let them know that they are doing a great job. We hope you stop in and see us again.

Front Desk Supervisor

Been to Ashley Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!