“very nice staff” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Caldwell, Idaho
“very nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I guess you could say I'm 70 years old, in human years I am 14. My master and mistress always try to travel with me especially now that I am in my later years and separation anxiety is especially hard for me. We always ask each hotel we stay at, if they are pet friendly. Never expecting much more then just tolerance. Ashley Inn was so much nicer to me. When we arrived my master and mistress were both weighed down, with what I would consider extra baggage. I only weigh 11 pounds, all I require are food, water dish, leash and blanket. One of the nice ladies from the front desk helped escort me to our new temporary home. My master took me to the fenced in pet area, which had all kinds of wonderful smells from all my other doggie friends, while my mistress did laundry in the guest laundry facility. Everyone here was so nice to me and talked to me and pet me....I think they really liked me! That night my mistress spread my blankey at the foot of her bed which was very comfortable and we slept well. My master and mistress both commented at "what a nice clean room with plenty of space at an affordable price". My guess is when we come back to the coast we will staying at the Ashley Inn. - Sincerely Bandit

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Supervisor A, Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Marilyn W-
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad that we had a room to accommodate for you and your lovely pet Bandit. I will let the ladies at the front desk know that they made an impression on you for helping you to your room. We love having our furry friends come to visit us. I am glad to know that all of you enjoyed your stay here with us, We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Lincoln City.

Best Wishes,
Kachiri Flanagan
Front Desk Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The room was very nice...we also had our small dog. We have stayed here before and loved it. this time the front desk was not as friendly, however a gentleman stepped forward and answered some questions for us who was very nice.
the breakfast this time rain out of food. We were there at 8:00, my husband loved the biscuits and gravy before. It is kind of hard to have biscuits and gravy with out the biscuits. We waited for 20 minutes and they still had not brought any more out.
The hotel was full...I think they could have been more prepared.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

The rooms here are nice enough for the price, however, we did have to pay an additional $25 since we have a dog. The check-in desk receptionists weren't the friendliest and we would have stayed elsewhere because of that but we were having difficulty finding a hotel who accepted dogs over 25 pounds. The room was clean and spacious but the AC was finicky throughout the night and woke us up a few times. When we got up in the morning we were hungry and looking forward to a hot breakfast but the food was horrible. The potatoes and muffins were the only tolerable items and we checked out still hungry and very unimpressed. The check-out receptionist and manager were both very kind.

• Stayed September 2013
Sara L, Assistant General Manager at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. As you can tell from our other reviews, we take guest satisfaction very seriously. I apologize that your stay fell short, as I stress to my staff that every interaction with our guests is important. We are one of the only hotels in Lincoln City that welcomes pups of all sizes and also has air conditioning. I do hope that you will try us again, so that you may have a typical Ashley Inn and Suites experience.
Grass Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We were extremely impressed with this hotel. The room was spacious and and functional. We travelled with our dog and found the staff very dog friendly. The pet area was fenced in and adequate. Their breakfast was particularly good! We felt the hotel was better than many upscale hotels we have stayed in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear BEatGV,

Thank you so much for the great review! We here at the Ashley Inn and Suites do certainly love all of our furry friends and enjoy interacting with those that come to stay with us. We are actually one of the few motels in Lincoln City that doesn't have a weight limit on pets, so we get to see quite a variety! Our breakfast is a definitely a favorite with our guests and since your stay, we've actually added some new menu items in. We pride ourselves on our service to our guests and it sounds like you got to experience what makes the Ashley Inn and Suites so unique. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Lincoln City.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We made a quick trip to Lincoln City last weekend and were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We usually stay right on the beach and the Ashley Inn is very close to the highway. However it is only a ten minute walk to the beach.

The room was good sized and the staff was very helpful. The only improvement I can suggest is that their air conditioning kept going on and off. Normally, at the Oregon Coast, we would not even use it, but this weekend was very hot!

Overall a very good value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Sander F,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Ashley Inn and Suites. I apologize that on one of the few weekends at the coast that you needed your air conditioner that it wasn't performing as it should, as one of the few hotels in Lincoln City that has air conditioners in every room we are always performing maintenance on them to make sure they are up and running, once again I apologize and hope that one issue won't keep you from returning to us the next time you are in Lincoln City.

Tualatin, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband & I have stayed with Ashley Inn two times now & we are very pleased with each visit. From the super cleanliness of entire hotel to the scrumptious breakfast in the a.m., we had a delightful time! We even enjoyed the pool! And might I add, the beds are the most comfortable we've found yet on the road! So close to ocean. Will return time again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have brighter lighter rooms than the ones below which face cement or dirt walls.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Esther E,

Thank you so much for your review. We always love to hear back from our guests and especially those that have stayed with us more then once! It sounds like you have had two chances to enjoy what makes the Ashley Inn and Suites such a unique place to stay. Our housekeepers are always working hard to make sure our building stays clean from top to bottom because cleanliness is so important in making a stay comfortable. I'm also glad to hear that you also enjoyed breakfast and am pleased to tell you that since your stay with us in September we have added in some new items, so be sure to look for those the next time you stay with us! Thank you again so much for your review.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were very impressed with this property. The room was large, very clean and well appointed. The staff was very nice and the breakfast was an upscale continental. Exceptional value for the price. This is not a chain motel, but should be!

Dear David105,

Thank you for your review its always nice to hear back from our guests! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As of right now the Ashley Inn and Suites has only one sister hotel located just north of us on the Oregon Coast, but we never know what the future holds and could very well open more hotels. I am glad to hear that you also enjoyed your room, which was oversized just like all of our rooms are here. Thank you again so much for your review and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Oregon Coast.

Front Desk Supervisor

Been to Ashley Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!