“Great value in Lincoln City Oregon” 4 of 5 stars

America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1014 NE Highway 101, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Calgary
“Great value in Lincoln City Oregon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Arlene smiled as I approached the reception desk. I received a very reasonable rate for a one night stay. The hotel is just far enough off Hwy 101 so as not to hear much of the traffic noise. The hotel is a 5 minute drive from the outlet shopping mall.

Our room was on the second floor, with a single queen size bed (very comfortable but this is subjective). The room was very clean and the bedding and towels appeared to be new. There is a flat screen television, two chairs and a table, a small fridge that was very quiet and a micro wave oven that we did not use. The hotel was very quiet on Sunday night.

There is plenty of parking in front and to the side of the hotel. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to our family and friends.

I am a retired male travelling with my wife. I have read some negative reviews of this hotel but have NOT experienced a single disappointment

This is our second visit to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
ABIlincolncity, Front Office Manager at America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
We are working hard to please our guests and so much appreciate it when we get positive feedback. Thank you for taking the time. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

There were no towels in the room. After asking the front desk clerk for towels, I waited almost a half hour and had to ask again. I finally got the towels. It would have been nice to at least get an apology for the inadequate service, but I didn't get that. I guess you get what you pay for. I won't be staying there again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We are so very sorry we didn't meet your expectations. We work hard to constantly improve and truly appreciate the time you took to point out our weakness.
Springfield, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We loved staying here, it was clean, friendly, good location and the price was very good for the middle of a tourist heavy time. We even had a filling breakfast included in the price. We did not use the pool or exercise room, cannot comment on those. It was very quiet, even though we were near the parking lot.

Room Tip: We liked the "evergreen" eco friendly room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has average rooms, average amenities, less than average breakfast bar, with good rates.

My first impression: when I first got to my room the door was ajar and didnt shut unless you pulled on it. I assume housekeeping left the door open and it looked like an easy mistake to make. This didn't make me feel secure about leaving my stuff in the hotel while I was away. I worried that housekeeping would again not shut my door and I would come back to the room with my stuff stolen. I ended up solving this problem by putting the "do not disturb" sign on my door to keep housekeeping out of my room.

The room: I had a twin bed room, tv was small (but I didn't come here for the tv, so not a big deal) the microwave was puny and the bathroom was dingy (but not so bad that it was a problem). The floor had stains and could use a stream cleaning.

Lobby: Clean and well maintained (I wish my room was as nice). There were DVDs to rent at $4 a night in the lobby, this struck me as out dated and "amateur". The movies were older and the selection was poor.

Breakfast bar: Very lacking. The staff puts out a 1 gallon jug of 2% milk on ice for guests to share, bananas, blueberry bread, Cheerios, Rasin Bran, apple juice, orange juice, bagels, cream cheese, waffles (staff will not allow guests to operate the waffle maker) and pancake syrup (for the waffles). There were the one ply paper plates to put your breakfast on. One of the most "economic" hotel breakfasts I have experienced. They would do better by putting more effort into their breakfast bar.

Staff: Nice. The front desk clerks were professional and housekeeping was very friendly. The maids always said "hi" and wished us well when we saw them. You could tell they were really nice people. I have absolutely no complaints about the staff.

Value: You get what you pay for here. This hotel is cheaper than it's competitors and the reason why is location (they are not right on the beach) and the hotel is dated with not much effort on maintenance and upkeep (but still clean enough).

If I were to return, I would probably stay here again. It's a decent bargain for the price. If your looking for a bargain hotel and are not too picky about the details then this just might be the right hotel for you.

• Stayed July 2013
ABIlincolncity, Manager at America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your honest opinion of our hotel and we appreciate your suggestions. I would add that our breakfast is comparable to our comp. set and hotels that include hot items such as eggs and sausage tend to be $30 to $40 more per night. Also we have two TV sizes, 32inch and 40inch HD flat screens.
Hood River, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel was not what we expected from our online booking. There is no longer a pool at this hotel, the hot tub room is locked and you have to get a key from the front desk--which no one is really around for... Upon arrival we were told that our rooms a/c was out but they had a regular box fan we could use. Considering it was going to be in the upper 80's all weekend--we weren't excited about this. We asked to be switched to a new room but they said they place was booked. Yet, the vacancy sign was on...and later that night while scoping out the movies they rented out for $4 each we saw a walk-in guest. Most places have a book in the room that tells you about cool things to do in the area, restaurant suggestion, perhaps a tv channel guide and hours of breakfast...we were bummed the room didn't have this. Especially for being a tourist town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I got this room for a very low price ($46 a night). I must have gotten one of the older rooms, however, because the room was long past its prime. It was a little scary. The mattress and box spring were a frightening shade of orange-grey. The bed looked like it was caved in, and the bedspread was filthy. When I pulled it off the bed there was a large black insect leg stuck to it. There were also hairs on my sheets...both head hair and unmentionable hair. When I sat at the table to eat, my sleeves kept sticking to the table so I took a washcloth and wiped the table...the washcloth came away filthy. So I just cleaned the room myself.
As for amenities, the room had a fridge and microwave, tiny coffee pot, and a nice TV. The room even had an ironing board and iron, and a hair dryer. The bathroom was very clean even tho the sink and tub were cracked, chipped, and stained. The bed was surprisingly comfortable and I enjoyed the comforter between two flat sheets. There were three pillows--plenty for me. The room was quite spacious and I liked that the windows could open.
The pipes were loud thru the walls and there was an awful groaning in my room whenever my neighbor ran the water. But it's an older hotel; that's what ear plugs are for.
The front desk staff were helpful and courteous, as were the cleaning staff. I'm mystified as to why my room was so dirty. But other than the cleanliness issue, everything else was good. At this point I'm not sure if I would stay there again. I'd want to check the room for cleanliness first.

Room Tip: Don't stay in 210
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Fuerth, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

A very quiet place, but located close to US101.
We were travelling US101 from Canada to San Francisco and stayed one night in Lincoln.

the hotel itself has already serviced for some years but is still in rather good shape.
a big plus is the indoor jarcuzzi and sauna - you just have to make sure that the sauna is turned on early enough to enjoy the heat.

the continental breakfast is rather limited (no yoghurt, oatmeal, ...) but was okay for the total price we paid.

we had a very friendly and attentive lady at the reception when we arrived who helped us where needed and also took care that everything (including the breakfast room) remained nice, clean and tidy. she also made waffles and tea for her guests.

Room Tip: rooms to the parking lot on the backside are very quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to America's Best Inn & Suites Lincoln City? Share your experiences!