“Very good food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 92 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Description: This restaurant was previously listed on Trip Advisor and now it isn't. We found it by using Trip Advisor. Recently we were visiting Lincoln City and thought we would check their latest reviews before going back and found they weren't listed, although we drove by and they were obvioulsy open and doing business.
Pasco, WA
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Today we had the ling cod special clam chowder and salt and pepper chips. Everything was very good. Chowder is the best in town. Staff was friendly and helpful. Not a long wait. Not a lot of seating so you may have to take your order with you. The food makes any inconvenience worth it. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Beaverton, Oregon
“The place for Fish & Chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

This was our first visit to J's Fish & Chips. The fish is freshly caught and prepared the same day...yummy! Crispy breading also yummy! Atmosphere gives it a lower rating since seating is very limited making it stuffy on a warm day. The couple at the next table were bikers who came from Salem (about one hour drive) just because they were hungry for fish and chips. I might suggest take-out order so you can enjoy the excellent food in the luxury of your motel.

Visited April 2014
Pasco, Washington
“Great food, service was meh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We ate lunch at this place, as I wanted a good fish and chip meal. I read all the reviews saying this place was awesome. I got a 4 piece combo that came with halibut, cod, and 2 shrimp pieces and fries, my wife had same combo but with salt and pepper chips.

The food was great, I would suggest getting the salt and pepper chips over the fries, as they were delicious. The state the fish is fresh, and it tasted like it. Not too much of a that fishy taste.

There were a lot of signs stating if you wanted your food to go, you have to take it. We ordered it to go, and sat down at a table to wait for the order. They bring it to us as if we were eating in, which wasn't all that bad.

I am not sure if this upset the person behind the counter because she kind of dropped our utensils and straws on the table as if she was annoyed. Not a lot of friendliness in the service, which is why I dropped it to a very good rating.

All in all great fish and chips and would definitely go back, hope the lady was just having a bad day.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oregon Coast
“Fish Tacos to Die For!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

It had been TOO long since I had eaten at J's, so I decided to get an order of fish tacos for dinner. Since I need to limit my carbs, I asked if they could just give me a little extra coleslaw in place of the tortilla chips. YUM ... the whole meal really hit the spot.

Whenever I order fish & chips, I get the homemade salt & pepper potato chips, because they're still good if I just eat a few and save the rest to go with another meal. (My partner always gets the curly fries, and they're yummy, too.)

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Otis, Oregon
“Fisf and Chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

If you are looking for genuine fish and chips in Lincoln City and very reasonable priced, this is the place. You will not be disappointed. Fresh fish from the sea and great customer service.

• Visited March 2014