“They Know Seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 90 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Description: This restaurant was previously listed on Trip Advisor and now it isn't. We found it by using Trip Advisor. Recently we were visiting Lincoln City and thought we would check their latest reviews before going back and found they weren't listed, although we drove by and they were obvioulsy open and doing business.
Lincoln City, Oregon
“They Know Seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I finally got around to trying J's and I was pleasantly surprised. The fried cod was so light and tasty(not at all greasy). The coconut shrimp was some of the best I have ever tasted. It all exceeded my expectations. My only gripe is that the man who answered the phone and took my order was a little short on patience and pretty grumpy. I was warned about this ahead of time,by others who have been here, so I was ready for it. When they get really busy( which is quite often) they are not grace under pressure by any means.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hoquiam, Washington
“Probably won't go there again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was excited to try this place after reading trip advisor reviews, however it was a disappointment. The woman at the counter was impatient and rude, the fish was very greasy and only average tasting. The fries were soggy and luke-warm.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lakewood, Washington
“Rude service, okay food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We got to J's Fish and Chips and they were packed! There wasn't a seat open. Its the type of place that you order at the counter and they bring you your food. They lady at the counter asked what we would like to order, and we requested to wait untill a table opens up, in case our food would be ready before a table. She then rudely told us that if someone else comes in and orders, they will have the next table instead of us. So we went ahead and ordered, and thankfully a table opened up a few minutes later. My bf chose the fish tacos which came with "housemade salt and pepper chips." Well, they actually came with bagged tortilla chips, and they also came on cold corn tortillas which pretty much ruined them. I ordered a sample platter that had fries, fried shrimp, fried cod, and fried hallibut. The fries and cole slaw were pretty generic, not good or bad. The shrimp and cod were good, but the hallibut tasted like it would have been best a few days prior. It was brown inside and tasted EXTRMELY fishy. You clear your own table at this place, which isn't that out of the ordinary, but instead of just thowing away your trash and leaving your baskets above the trash can, you literally dump your leftover soda into a bucket on top of the trash can since the cups for the soda aren't disposable. Maybe its just me, but I found that really gross.

Visited March 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Nice alternative to fast food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We decided to stop here, rather than typical fast food for lunch. What a nice surprise! The chowder was excellent. The fish was tasty and quantity just right. We will make a point to come again on our next beach trip.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kennewick, Washington
“Don't get "take-out"!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Tried this place once again after reading others reviews here. I'm thinking if you eat in it would probably be a good place. We were once again on-the-go, so ordered take out. A family size order of cod, and a basket of clam strips. Both orders came with fries. Although the waitress assured us we had plenty of tarter sauce, cocktail sauce , salt, pepper and ketchup in the bags, we returned to our motel. After we laid out the spread we found the only condiment in the bags was tater sauce. An awful lot of fries with nothing for them. I will not try take-out here again...this is the 2nd time we have been disappointed in their take out.

Visited March 2013