“Good food, but...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 74 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Chowder, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: This restaurant was previously listed on Trip Advisor and now it isn't. We found it by using Trip Advisor. Recently we were visiting Lincoln City and thought we would check their latest reviews before going back and found they weren't listed, although we drove by and they were obvioulsy open and doing business.
Portland, Oregon
“Good food, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Had the halibut fish & chips & they were great. However, we thought they were quite pricey (about $12) for a small non-descript venue.

Visited April 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Long Wait - OK food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had heard a lot about this little hole-in-the-wall fish and chip restaurant and went there for lunch. The wait was long for a what is essentially fast food. Nothing gourmet here--but the wait was as long or longer than for a fine restaurant. Many places in Lincoln City have great fish and chips, but without the long wait.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Depoe Bay, Oregon
“Awful experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

On a dark misty night we made the mistake of stopping here for dinner. We are locals and had not eaten here prior. We are property managers and we do personally check in our guests. We have 13 properties in this area. We do suggest, to our guests, restauants to go to and the ones to avoid.
We arrived about 6:45pm. The first thing was to place our order at the counter.
The 2nd thing was to use the restroom! I asked where the rest room was and the lady, behind the counter, informed me that it was outside in the back of the building. She pointed at a food basket that had a key attached to it.
I went into the rain and proceeded to locate the rest room. When I arrived there was absolutely no light to find the keyhole. After struggling with this, I finally got into a very small one person bathroom.
The next challange was to find a light switch, I am desperate at this point. I have felt my way for the light switch and it does not work. Picture this. I am in a bathroom with absolutely no light.
I now push the door open to see if I can see a toilet. Of course the seat was up. You guessed it.
I did not see this in the dark. The door shuts and I am in the dark again. I push the door open again as people are walking by, I finally do my thing and there is not one square of tissue on the roll.
There is no soap or anything to wash or dry my hands with. I went back insde and I informed the lady of my difficulties and the answer I got was "oh yes the light bulb is burned out and we have'nt gotten one yet. I will get some toilet tissue and put it there. OMG!

Now the restauant - With our dirty hands we sat down and waited for our food. I ordered the combo basket. 2 pieces of fish, 2 shrimp, cole slaw, french fries and a cup of clam chowder.She brings us our eating tools. A fork, a spoon and a napkin. She proceeded to bring all the food at once. We waited 10 minutes, you would think she could have brought the chowder first.It was not busy. 5 people in the place. The chowder look like and tasted like milk that had been thickened.
There was not one thing in this clam chowder that resembled clam chowder. The basket of food
looked fine.The cole slaw was shredded cabbage. Absolutely no sauce. No plates and no cocktail sauce for the shrimp. She informed us it was an additional $.25 for any sauce. We now are putting our food on our (1) napkin and we are eating this with very dirty hands.
We will definately NOT suggest this restaurant and make sure we tell people to avoid it!!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Best Fish and Chips in Town :-).”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Good thing, too, because the line for a table is often long, and if you don't get there early, you may not be able to get a favorite entree' (the halibut always seems to sell out early)! But the wait is worth it; The staff is friendly and helpful, and the food is delicious! We ALWAYS have lunch at J's Fish and Chips when we're in town.

Visited October 2012
Cottage Grove, Oregon
“If your craving Old fashioned Fish n chips this is it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were starving as we arrived to our hotel and we noticed this eatery via Yelp had a family pack type meal, we called and in 30 min. had a big yummy bag of fish n chips, it was really tasty!

Visited September 2012