“Cozy, comfy rooms with tons of charm.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Stuff at The Anchor
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
eugene, or
“Cozy, comfy rooms with tons of charm.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed at the Historic Anchor Inn with my BF and our black lab. The rooms are cozy and very comfortable. Even though we stayed close to the highway, it was surprisingly quiet. The staff are superbly friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is included with your room, and we had ham and cheese quiche that was to die for. I would recommend the Historic Anchor Inn to anyone who likes a charming and friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife and I just returned today from a one night stay at the Historic Anchor Inn. And what a great place it is. I've lived in Oregon all my life, and we go to/thru Lincoln City probably at least once a month. I've driven by the Anchor Inn hundreds of times, and from the road I always thought, "what a dump!" But, thanks to TA I saw all the good reviews and I figured what the heck, we'll try it for a night. What a nice surprise. We had a second floor room (Thames) in the main building. It consisted of a living room decorated with lots of neat antiques, a bathroom separating the living room and bedroom, and the bedroom. The bed was extremely comfortable. We collect antiques and live in a 1940s home ourselves so the Anchor reminded me of home. It's very well decorated with period pieces, and very, very clean. They have a nice selection of DVDs and each room appears to have newer flat screen TV and DVD player. The lobby area was very cool, lots of antiques, and the staff were super friendly. We've travelled all over the world and I have to say that the Anchor is the best value for the money I've ever experienced. And the free breakfast couldn't have been better (thanks Misty). The restaurant area is super charming, and like the rest of the property full of antiques. We stayed on a Sunday night and to my disbelief we were the only tenants on the second floor so we had it all to ourselves. There is a nice common area with couches, chairs, and a very large screen TV (and or course more antiques). There was also a neat little greenhouse type room and outdoor deck on our floor which would be nice in the summer, and a shared kitchen area where you could cook your own meals. They serve dinner a few nights a week which I will definately try the next time we stay. It's not right on the beach so if you want an ocean view you'd best you go someplace else, and you can literally be at the beach in only a few minutes drive from the Inn. But in Lincoln City (and pretty much the entire Oregon coast) best of luck finding something nicer that's so affordable. So there's a lesson here, for me at least, don't judge a book by it's cover. All these years I've been dropping hundreds of dollars a night on so-so Oregon coast hotels when I could have been enjoying the Anchor Inn for less than half the price. From now on we'll be staying at the Anchor Inn when we visit Lincoln City.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor, in the back, are very quiet, but you won't be able to slip into the lobb...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dharamsala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

If you are one of those people who doesn't like to stay in impersonal, corporate-style hotels, this is definitely the place for you (conversely, if above is your thing, you might want to find a chain hotel up the street). The rooms are all different, amazing and filled with antiques and charm and giant comfy beds. You get fresh ground coffee in your room (yes, it's REAL coffee, with a grinder and everything), access to a kitchen if you want to bring back your own food, and the owners even have an awesome DVD collection that you can borrow from to watch a movie in your room. The grounds are lovely, you're a short walk from the beach and not far from downtown, and the breakfast you get with your stay is better than the majority of breakfast joints in which I've ever eaten. It's a wonderful place to stay if you like places with personality and charm and a unique flavor. Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Cozy suites each with their unique charm and decor. Homey feel to the whole place with great meals and lots of common space that you can feel comfortable in. Based on multiple stays, all of which were great.

Room Tip: Personally, I like the main part of the Inn, top floor, ocean side.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Johnstown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

The Historic Anchor Inn is truly one-of-a-kind. I've stayed there many times over many years, and have never been disappointed in the experience. The decor is charming, fun, and retro, with different collections of knick-knacks, artwork, and books in each room or cabin. The cleanliness is top-notch across the board; I've never had the slightest hiccup in that department (and believe me, I'm picky). The meals are SENSATIONAL! Each morning, a unique and appetizing breakfast is served--quiche, for example, or breakfast enchiladas or even pork chops, all with a gourmet touch. And don't get me started about the awesome dinners! A recent special that made my palate sing: garam masala soup! (I want some now, please!) Then are the many wonderful little extras that distinguish the Historic Anchor from any other lodging: free popcorn (with butter!) in a popcorn machine in the lobby; complimentary peanut butter cookies; and coffee beans with grinder in every room for a delicious cup of Joe at any time of day. But to my mind, the best thing about the Anchor is the staff. They're always ready with a friendly comment or joke, and they really do feel like family after you visit a few times. If I could give this place an overall rating beyond five circles, I certainly would. Ten seems fair, as in super-excellent...or maybe I'd make that twenty-five, as in out of this world across the board! Do yourself a favor and be a part of the experience the next time you travel to Lincoln City, Oregon.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

My favorite place to stay in Lincoln City. When they're booked out, frankly I pitch my tent in the local park. Awesome people and decor that makes you smile and laugh and think (yup, really!) Been there a dozen times, expect to be there a dozen more in the years to come.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Sebring, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I travel to Lincoln City two or three times a year and I always stay at the Anchor. I have yet to have a bad experience there. The staff is friendly and warm, they treat me like a person instead of a room number.

The free breakfast is tasty and filling. The rooms are comfortable, even in the winter to a Florida gal like me. It's a fun place to stay, quite a change from a cookie-cutter hotel.

Definitely worth checking out if you're traveling to Lincoln City!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Historic Anchor Inn? Share your experiences!