“A real 'find', and they're Pet Friendly!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Captain Cook Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Captain Cook Inn
You added Captain Cook Inn to your Saves list
2626 N.E. Hwy 101, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Lincoln City B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“A real 'find', and they're Pet Friendly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I stayed here a couple nights in the summer of 2010 and since then my father took a room in 2011 while he was travelling down the Coast. Both of us agreed that it was a great spot to stay in LC, especially considering that your alternatives are mostly big-box hotels with little character but a much higher price tag. My night cost $54.00 with tax! Its in a good central location, a little to the north end of town. There's easy beach access at 15th Street. I had a great time at the Tanger Outlet Mall and I went to Fogarty Beach which is a good place to look for agates. I LOVE Lincoln City. Best place on the Coast, in my view.

Room Tip: I was in room 8 and I can recommend it. There are fir floors, an old tile floor in the bathroom and...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dallas, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago and the room was very nice. Staff was helpful and courteous. Cute little suite with a kitchen. Great value for the money. We were in the unit closest to the road and there was some road noise but hey you will get that near the road.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Nice hotel, but, we were given a room next to the office and did not sleep much the first or second night. Noisey and could hear people talking on both sides. Tried to get another room and were refused. People in the room next too us were getting in about 2-3pm and talking for another hour. Walls are too thin.
They should have a quiet time for the hotel and posted it! I have stayed here before and it's never been a problem.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

This hotel is a small gem in among giant monsters in Lincoln City. A super friendly staff with a very clean room. Everything you need is here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

I have to say that I had my doubts about staying at the Captain Cook Inn. I had read the reviews before purchasing a room and was extremely hesitant. There are two reasons why I decided to venture a stay at the Captain Cook Inn.
No. 1 - I was surprised to see the vast contrast in the reviews written. How could the reviews that were written reflect such extreme opposition from each other?? Hmmm. I was curious.
No. 2 - The value for a nights stay seemed too good to pass up, so I thought I'd try my luck.
I am so glad that I made the decision I made!! The great price of the room was not the only thing that surprised me.
Upon arrival, I found the staff to be friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.
I had no problems checking in; no long waits or unpleasant surprises - very smooth.
The biggest surprise was my room. It was a lot more spacious than what I'm accustomed to (as far as motels go). The lighting was great. Very light, airy, clean and refreshing. I definitely felt like I was on vacation. The way the room was decorated coincided beautifully with the oceanic environment of Lincoln City. It made me feel relaxed - quite soothing.
I woke the next morning from a very restful sleep feeling rejuvenated and ready to tackle the day. Check-out was a sinch and I soon found myself pleasantly on my way.
Thanks for the Vay-Cay Captain Cook! I'd definitely refer this motel to a friend. The Captain Cook Inn can expect my service again - soon. :)

Room Tip: Have a good attitude! That usually works for me.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Washington State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

Checkin was a comedy sketch in the making. The guy didn't know the price for 2 people, didn't know how to work the computer, the charge card machine, or the phone. Had to call the manager for instructions. Took FOREVER to get checked in, and still had to have the manager come and fix the credit card charge.

All that said, the room was very nice, clean. Very comfortable bed. Frig, micro, coffeemaker, tub, wifi (though weak signal). Well maintained. Second bedroom in there, too.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
poyman, Owner at Captain Cook Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
W e apologize for this experience.... You happened to be the very first Guest that this Individual checked in.... Our Manager had a Family Emergency that required him to leave the office in the hands of a newly hired Desk Clerk/House Keeper and this Trainee made some entry errors on the computer... We are a small Boutique Inn and had no other option but to correct the entries once the Manager returned. Our Trainee is now fully trained and we would like to offer you a discount on your next stay for you trouble.... Please contact me (Paul Poyfair at 214-505-5585) to make the arrangements... Thank you
Montague, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

My mother-in-law and I were attending a wedding in Lincoln City. She is elderly and diabetic, and has to eat throughout the day. She also has bad knees and walks with a cane. We needed a ground-floor room with a kitchen and a separate bedroom (so we wouldn't be fighting over the TV remote). I found several rooms in Lincoln City that would fit the bill, but we were trying to keep it inexpensive. Fortunately, I found the CCI website before the photo links went dead.
The room was around the back of the motel, down a side road. I think it is the only kitchen suite they have (Room 17). Very quiet, there's a wonderful lawn area with picnic tables, shady throughout the day. The suite was large, with a living/dining area with hide-a-bed couch and table with 4 chairs, and a huge bedroom with 2 queen beds that have memory-foam pads on them. Sheets were clean, nice pillows. The kitchen had a full sized refrigerator, small stove, "toaster/oven", microwave, sink and dishes/utensils/pots and pans. There was a small hotel-sized coffee maker. The bathroom had a tub/shower, pedestal sink (which had come disconnected from the wall and rocked when you turned the water on) and toilet. The towels were very nice.
The carpet was stained in a couple places but well vacuumed and clean. The dish washing is the responsibility of the tenant, and they were put away wet and soapy, but nothing that a rinse and dry didn't fix.
It was obvious the place didn't get a deep cleaning each time it was vacated, but it wasn't dirty. It would be perfect for a family with kids, or grandparents with grandkids. If I were traveling with kids, I would stay there again. If I were traveling alone or with my husband or mom, I'd spring for a beachfront.
I would conditionally recommend this place to a friend...

• Stayed September 2010

Been to Captain Cook Inn? Share your experiences!