“Excellent Fresh Fish” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Excellent Fresh Fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

Not much for ambience, the service can be poor at times but you get large portions of fresh fish and side dishes. We're locals but it seems to be quite popular with tourists on the weekends.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Portland
“Great food makes up for lack of atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

My wife and I ate here for her birthday on April 11th. We had wanted to eat at the original location, but it had burned down before we got there. The new location had received decent reviews, so we decided to give it a try. I had an excellent cup of clam chowder and a delicious fish sandwich. I consider myself a clam chowder afficinado and this was great chowder. Everyone seems to rave about Mo's, but I think it's terribly overrated. My wife had a shrimp and cheese sandwich that she loved. Our waiter allowed us to make substitutions and was extremely friendly. The ambiance left something to be desired, but the food will bring us back.

Vancouver, WA
“The food is good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

This place has great food. All of our fish was perfect. I had a fish sandwich and it came with three huge pieces of cod. Very fresh and very good quality. This will diffently be our new favorite!

Manzanita, Oregon
“Go For The Food Not The Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

We frequented the old Dory Cove at Roads End for years prior to it burning down. The seafood was very good with ample portions although on the higher end price wise. When the owners reopened as Captains Ron's the old quality seemed to be lacking. Now that the Dory Cove name has been restored the food quality has improved. Clam chowder is hot and very tasty and the salads served with the dinners were crispy and fresh. Our orders were the battered halibut dinner and fillet of sole almondine. Both came with a choice of chowder or salad, garlic bread and one of 5 starch sides. The halibut was crispy on the outside and frim and moist on the inside. The sole consisted of 2 large breaded fillets which was to much for my wife to eat and the left overs made for a nice meal the next day. It can be a little noisy and a wait most every night and while the menu has a good variety of seafood it is on the high end price wise. We felt the portions and quality to be well worth the cost. Dory Cove has a web site and a menu that can be viewed on line.

Lakewood, WA
“Great clam chowder”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

Captain Ron's has been renamed "Dory Cove Restaurant" from it's original beginnings.

We enjoyed 3 meals at Dory's -- lunch and dinner on Monday, January 4, 2010, and dinner on the 5th.

We thought the clam chowder was some of the best we've ever had. It was delicious!
A bowl is a meal in itself. For dinner we decided to get a seafood salad and shrimp salad "to go" so we could enjoy them back in our motel overlooking the ocean. The portions were so large we couldn't eat the entire salads for dinner, so we put them in the frig and saved them for lunch the next day. The deep dish peach pie we got for dessert was good, but nothing spectacular.

For dinner the following day, we went back to Dory's and had their delicious halibut & chips. I had a side salad with mine and my husband got the cole slaw. Again the portions were huge. We thought the fish & chips were great, not too greasy and not overly breaded. I enjoyed the salad & my husband thought the cole slaw was good. The carrot cake we shared to dessert was excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Food