“Truly terrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
“Truly terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Food and atmosphere are horrible. I tried the clam chowder and it was truly the worst chowder I have had in Lincoln City - it was bland and in a whole cup of soup there was only 1 clam. One of the worst restaurants in Lincoln City.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
Ellensburg, Washington, United States
“Put This One On Your List”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We are making it a mission to visit every seafood restaurant in Lincoln City... we've been working on it about 4 years now.... and happened to get to Dory Cove last night. Husband's scallops were maybe undercooked but shrimp was above average. My seafood combo saute was good, but the wine had definitely been sitting in that bottle more than a day or two. Service was great, as was the ubiquitous clam chowder! We will likely be there again.

Visited December 2012
Otis, Oregon
“a old favorite back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Dory Cove is a great place to eat if you get a chance, there prices are a little high but food is pretty good. There other restaurant was burnt out , ans so they opened there, same good food as before. try it you'll like it!

Visited February 2012
Sunriver, Oregon
“Long time customer, and very disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I used to live in Lincoln City and ate at the Dory Cove (old Road's End location) as often as possible as I adored their clam chowder and fried oysters. It was a place I always took my visiting family and friends. So, a recent trip to Lincoln City had me salivating for their chowder and oysters. I drove over 20 miles to renew my passion for the Dory Cove from where I was staying. First of all, this place does not even come close to matching the ambiance of their old Road's End location, although I understand it wasn't possible to rebuild at that spot after a fire destroyed that bulding. I had eaten in this location several times before, and found it to be up to its usual excellence on those visits. This time, however, was really disappointing. First of all, I was taken to a side room where nobody else was seated and given a table for 6 even though there were available seats in the main area. I was dining by myself, so don't know if this was the reason. This room had nothing going for it at all, whereas the main area has a bit of charm about it. I ordered the fried oysters and chowder. They may say the chowder is unchanged, but it wasn't. I only ordered a cup, and am really glad I didn't order a bowl. There was way too much bacon and not enough clams. The oysters were, shall we say, "crispy" even though the menu advertised them as "lightly breaded". I had planned to stop here for lunch on my way south the next day, but realized I really don't need to eat here again. The spell has been broken.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Salem, Oregon, United States
“Best Clam Chowder on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We have been going to Dory's Cove for over 13 years and we even drive from Salem just to have dinner there. The staff are awesome and above expectation. Sadly the original Dory's burned and they relocated. nevertheless, we still love that place to eat. The clam chowder is our favorite and the reason is that you actually get more clams than potatoes and it's creamy, not watery. We always bring home 2 quarts to enjoy for a few more days. I do want to mention that the last time we were there, sometime in November 2012 we discovered that they no longer served our favorite dish and that is the Sea Food Casserole Ala Victoria, I can only say that it was the best dish in the world, and I hope they really consider putting it back on the menu...

• Visited November 2012