“Quaint and Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Quaint and Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We love this place! So comfortable and cozy. We traveled in the late spring and when the days were warm and sunny, but the evenings were cool. We loved the fireplace in our room and appreciated the huge space with cozy soft pillows and blankets. The beds were very comfortable. This is a really cool pet friendly hotel and they've really taken special care to help you feel welcome and your special pal feel comfortable. Short walk to the beach where you can watch harbor seals frolicking in the surf. The sunsets on this bay are beautiful and romantic. Fun shops surround this location, but they tend to close early before the summer season. We really enjoyed our stay and will surely recommend and stay again if we are in the area. Oh and great continental breakfast as well, juice, yogurt, fresh fruit and pastry.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Chose to stay here with family & friends recently as we had fond memories of it from staying here years ago with our 2 dogs. Pleasant staff, clean rooms, nice location, etc. This time when I turned in keys at end of stay was given a bit of verbal lashing by staff behind the desk. Puzzled, I waited for clarification of the concern. Was told that there was a problem with their computer reservation system & when I went online to adjust our stay from 1 to 2 nights the system became confused and somehow added an additional room that we did not occupy. With my apologies I explained that I did have a phone conversation after my reservation adjustment, specifically so any confusion would be avoided. The young woman that I spoke with at that time apparently was a new trainee and ended up taking down our reservation incorrectly on the phone. Even after I explained this to our check-out person, she continued to chastise me indicating it would be perfectly within their right to charge me for the extra room that was reserved incorrectly by their trainee. I chose to take the high road, quietly asked if we were done, thanked her & left. As I was walking out the door received only a very brief thanks back from her. Unfortunately what she didn't know was that one of our beloved family dogs that once stayed & played here had recently passed away. Due to her detaining me, my family was kept waiting at the beach for his memorial gathering I was on my way to.

Puzzling? Definitely...Am guessing perhaps they get a few difficult guests and forget how to treat the decent, responsible ones...or perhaps she was just having a bad day & chose to take it out on the guest in front of her. Normally direct all my pet-loving friends/family here, but unfortunately having second thoughts after this experience

Room Tip: Try to avoid using on-line reservation system at all until they have the glitches worked out.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
westoverinns, General Manager at Looking Glass Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
On behalf of the Looking Glass Inn staff, I have personally contacted this guest to sincerely apologize for our unusual actions. I'm very pleased to report that our apology has been accepted as well as an invitation to return again to the Looking Glass Inn!

Mary Ann McGill, General Manager for the Lincoln City properties of Westover Inns
Prineville, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We love this place! Where do I start!? We've stayed here many times and keep coming back due to the consistent quality. They take dogs AND it's very clean! Wonderful views, wonderful room, great beach access, great amenities, welcoming staff and overall excllent place to stay!

Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had a wonderful stay during spring break at the Looking Glass Inn. The staff was very friendly & the rooms were spotless!! I was a bit worried as this was our first stay in a pet friendly hotel but the rooms were fresh & clean. You couldn't tell pets were allowed at all!! The beds were very comfortable & our entire family (myself, husband, 3 y.o daughter & dane puppy) had a wonderful visit. The only negative thing about the hotel is that the walls/ceilings seem to be very thin. Both nights we could hear people above us & next to us until around 1 a.m. The rest of the family slept through it but I'm a light sleeper so I didn't get much rest. :(

Silverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

When making a reservation I happened to mention our anniversary. Our room had champagne on ice waiting for us! We love coming back again and again to this beautiful beach setting, wonderful hospitality and relaxing atmosphere! Our room is always perfect and very comfortable. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: The rooms with an Aqua Glass Air Bathtub are a real treat!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay. I especially apreciate how dog friendly LGI is. The Staff and Cleaning service were very friendly and professional. Its now our home away from home, we will definitely be back. The WFI and Flat Screen TV made it very comfortable. Thanks Again! -The Vavasseurs

• Stayed March 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Excellent place to stay in Lincoln City. Right across the street from the bay and Mo's. Service was excellent. One of the best places to take your dog(s). We've stayed in numerous places in Lincoln City and this was far and above the best. Will stay again next time we visit the coast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Looking Glass Inn? Share your experiences!