“Terrific place - and our dog loved it too” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lafayette, Oregon
“Terrific place - and our dog loved it too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed in a unit that had a kitchen and 2 bathrooms, along with the most comfortable beds we've slept in at a hotel. We received a dog welcome basket that had everything to make our dog comfortable. The pet area was well kept. The location is great - right across from Mo's Restaurant and the coast. They provided a continental breakfast which had a good selection. We really enjoyed our stay there and will plan to stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

After driving from Alaska for about 4 days straight, I could not have stayed at a better place than this! Awesome view of the ocean, extremely nice and welcoming staff, and very pet friendly. I had my 4 1/2 month old lab with me, and the pet accommodations were amazing. A doggy basket with towels, bowls, and even some treats was ready for him. I have to emphasize on the hospitality of the staff! They were very nice and very helpful every time I walked into the lobby. The deluxe room was great for it's price. It included a kitchen, and a living room. Very comfy, indeed. I definitely recommend this place to anyone who is traveling through, or staying on vacation. Either way, you won't want to leave. I know i didn't!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
DELTA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised with a large renovated room. It was very clean. The king bed gave us a great nights sleep. The room was quiet. The location was awesome, a quick walk to the beach. We will stay there again. The breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My son and dog and I had a nice stay at the Looking Glass Inn. The place is clean, had a full kitchen, and two bedrooms. Nothing fancy, but clean, and animals are given a first class welcome with a basket full of essentials (doggy bags, towels, sheets for if the animals wants to sit on the furniture.) They even had a nice clean dog bed for my pooch. If this place were right on the beach I would give it 5 stars. But it is across the street, which was a disappointment as it was a nice stormy day, and I love to see those big waves crash....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Our anniversary plans last weekend took a dive due to the weather, so at the last moment, I booked two nights here solely based on the facts that they accepted pets and were a reasonable rate. But ridiculously reasonable! So reasonable that my husband was worried that I had booked a dive for our wedding anniversary. I assured him that all of the reviews were really good, and when he started asking around, a lot of our friends have stayed here, too, and also highly recommended it.

We brought our almost four-year-old lab mix and they literally did have a basket ready for him and other dog visitors! It was the greatest touch ever! And as if that wasn't enough, we got to our AWESOME room and there was a note wishing us happy anniversary with a bubbly gift. So thoughtful!!

The room itself was super clean, and actually laid out like a small condo ... full kitchen, small but full bath, living room with two couches, and a separate bedroom. The room had two flatscreen TVs; a well-stocked kitchen with glasses, plates, utensils, etc.; and enough thermostats throughout to keep us toasty and warm during the cold and rainy storm.

The location is actually great! You simply walk through the Mo's parking lot (it's literally across the street from Mo's which isn't my thing ... there are many better restaurants in town IMO) and there is easy beach access right there. And the beach was really quiet every day so our Bart had the beach nearly to himself every time which was terrific!

They even offer a complimentary continental breakfast in the morning in their lobby that was really hearty - besides juice and muffins like a usual continental bfast, they also had bagels, cream cheese, yogurt, fruit, intant oatmeal, and some other goodies. And any time we went in the lobby, they always offered Bart a treat - he was definitely spoiled there!

The husband has already said we need to take Bart back again ... and he never wants to go to the same hotel twice! That is a great sign!

My only small and minor criticism was that they charge to rent their DVDs. We had brought some Netflix movies with us, but they were BluRays and not compatible with their DVD players, so I mosied down to get some movies from the lobby. Whenever we have stayed somewhere that has movies to rent, they are usually free to borrow. But the selection was quite good and very current, and with the room rate being so inexpensive, I really shouldn't complain. ;)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was our first stay and we were delighted that they were so dog friendly. Great location, right across the street is the Bay and a short walk will get you out to the ocean, Loved that the pet area was close behind the building so when it was windy and rainy you were out of the worse of the weather. Beds were comfortable and the room was nice. Definitely will stay there again and recommend it to folks traveling with their four legged best friend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great location, right across the street from Siletz Bay and easy walk to the ocean beach. Absolutely nothing negative to say. The 2 bdrm, 1 bath we rented was clean & well maintained. All the employees we had contact with from the front desk to maintenance were professional, friendly & helpful. The discounted senior rate was the best we could find for such a nice property. I would not hesitate to recommend Looking Glass Inn and will stay there again when I visit Lincoln City

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Looking Glass Inn? Share your experiences!