Our anniversary plans last weekend took a dive due to the weather, so at the last moment, I booked two nights here solely based on the facts that they accepted pets and were a reasonable rate. But ridiculously reasonable! So reasonable that my husband was worried that I had booked a dive for our wedding anniversary. I assured him that all of the reviews were really good, and when he started asking around, a lot of our friends have stayed here, too, and also highly recommended it.
We brought our almost four-year-old lab mix and they literally did have a basket ready for him and other dog visitors! It was the greatest touch ever! And as if that wasn't enough, we got to our AWESOME room and there was a note wishing us happy anniversary with a bubbly gift. So thoughtful!!
The room itself was super clean, and actually laid out like a small condo ... full kitchen, small but full bath, living room with two couches, and a separate bedroom. The room had two flatscreen TVs; a well-stocked kitchen with glasses, plates, utensils, etc.; and enough thermostats throughout to keep us toasty and warm during the cold and rainy storm.
The location is actually great! You simply walk through the Mo's parking lot (it's literally across the street from Mo's which isn't my thing ... there are many better restaurants in town IMO) and there is easy beach access right there. And the beach was really quiet every day so our Bart had the beach nearly to himself every time which was terrific!
They even offer a complimentary continental breakfast in the morning in their lobby that was really hearty - besides juice and muffins like a usual continental bfast, they also had bagels, cream cheese, yogurt, fruit, intant oatmeal, and some other goodies. And any time we went in the lobby, they always offered Bart a treat - he was definitely spoiled there!
The husband has already said we need to take Bart back again ... and he never wants to go to the same hotel twice! That is a great sign!
My only small and minor criticism was that they charge to rent their DVDs. We had brought some Netflix movies with us, but they were BluRays and not compatible with their DVD players, so I mosied down to get some movies from the lobby. Whenever we have stayed somewhere that has movies to rent, they are usually free to borrow. But the selection was quite good and very current, and with the room rate being so inexpensive, I really shouldn't complain. ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful Cape Cod style inn with beautiful ocean and bay views at the South end of Lincoln City. Relax a variety of rooms and suites some with Whirlpool tubs and decks, and others with separate bedrooms and kitchens. Enjoy complimentary continental breakfast, free WiFi, and easy beach access. Many dog friendly rooms available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Looking Glass Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Looking Glass Hotel Lincoln City
- Looking Glass Lincoln City