“Worst bed ever slept in! ” 1 of 5 stars

You added Seagull Beach Front Motel to your Saves list
Seagull Beach Front Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1511 N.W. Harbor, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
“Worst bed ever slept in! ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The bed was so bad that it made it hard to enjoy our vacation! There was vomit on the bathroom wall and toilet handle. The only decent thing about this hotel was the view! I would never recommend staying here especially if you have any type of back problems.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
1management, Manager at Seagull Beach Front Motel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
in response,beds are everyones options, we have guest that love them and want to know where we buy our beds, we have others that tell us they are to hard or to soft or something in between,not making excuses but beds have always been a challange. with the other complaint the guest didnt say anything to the office personal untill the morning of check out, we have housekeepers and inspections behind the housekeepers everyday and work very hard at staying on top of the rooms.had we been informed of any problem it would have been taken care of.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hines, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

We have been staying at the Seagull for close to twenty years. We first started staying because they are pet friendly. Our Scotty and Shiz Tzu love it as well. It sits just feet from the sand and provides a great view from the rooms as well. The managment and staff are outgoing and ready to please. Each evening before the office closes someone calls the room to check if there is any thing needed. It is close to the main highway and just blocks from many interesting shops including one of our favorites Barnacle Bills fresh seafood shop. Moderately priced, clean and worth the drive from Eastern Oregon. We celebrated our twentieth wedding anniversary and the New Year here.

Room Tip: If stairs are hard be sure to reserve a first floor room. There are no elevators but at 71 I can sti...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

Stayed at Seagull trying to find a regular place to visit when at Lincoln City. The location is right in the middle of town equidistant from Siletz Bay and Chinook Winds Casino, convenient to Devils Lake. The front desk lady was extremely polite and accomodating. Rooms are facing the surf from safety of the cliff and great panorama of beachgoers flying kites and having fun driving on sand (the hotel is overlooking one of the few beach access driveways). I should've stayed more nights at the Seagull. Instead, I decided to explore another place for my regular Lincoln City retreat, but found Edgecliff Motel to be the bottom of the pit. Next time, I'm coming back to Segull, the most underrated place in Lincoln City.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

We stayed at the Sea Gull three times over the last few years. Each time Id look at the website and decide that they were renovating rooms so, because of the absolutely amazing beach access location I'd give them another chance. But I wont do that again. The rooms have all been uncared for, crumbling paint and stucco (esp in bathrooms), dirty stained carpeting, etc. A big shocker is when the pillow smelled funky and we took off the case to see years of yellow drool mark type stains, thinking that was a freak occurrence I took the pillowcases off the rest of the pillows and to my horror they were all the same. I took them to the front desk where they gave me pillows that were a little less stained, needless to say we didnt use pillows that night. But I will never stay there agin.

Room Tip: ask if it has been renovated at least
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We were greeted by Cynthia when we arrived and she was fantastic to talk to. She is part of the reason we give it an excellent rating. We were on the second floor (no elevators) and had a BEAUTIFUL view of the ocean. (I think all the rooms have such views at this hotel.) While the room was a bit older it was clean. We enjoyed watching the sun set that evening from the comfort of our room and was able to leave the windows open all night and sleep to the sound of the ocean just outside. Our room had a rocker recliner in it that while it was old it was still comfortable. Everything worked in the room. The only problem I had was the pillows were terrible. I can live with that though given how great everything else was.

What we paid for this room was what we paid for others while on vacation that didn't have anything like the view we had. We don't tend to spend a lot of time in our rooms while on vacation as we are out seeing the sights and goofing off. This room however had such a spectacular view it wasn't hard to sit and relax in.

Room Tip: They all have good views.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I've stayed here two different times and came back a second time I liked it so much. Its not an amazing hotel room but it's clean and the view is just amazing! The prices are great and if ur a little on the dangerous side you can sneak over to the hotel next door when they do their bonfires and enjoy them on their dime and not have to pay an arm and a leg for the romantic bon fire with a view. Litterally all we did was walk in between the two hotels and sat next to the bonfires that no one was sitting next to. Over all it was great. I would totally stay here again. and probably will seeing as how I liked the fiest experience so much :)

• Stayed April 2014
1management, Manager at Seagull Beach Front Motel, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
thank you for your feedback,have you signed up for our rewards cards? stay ten nights and you get a night on us,call us at 800-422-0219 for info
McMinnville, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

When a customer has a bad experience it is the Hotel's opportunity to make sure the customer is happy so they come back. This didn't happen for us. We called and explained what happened and got argued with. This is a bad thing, never , ever argue with your customer. I wasn't asking for a free night, I was asking what they could do? She didn't even ask what I thought should be done, instead she told me she felt I was calling her a liar. Its all in perspective! I teach customer service and will not tell my friends about this hotel. I am left with a feeling that This establishment does not care about the customer. Very sad day indeed! The only thing I can say is the girl that worked at night was more pleasant than the day shift.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Seagull Beach Front Motel? Share your experiences!