“In the middle of action.” 5 of 5 stars

Seagull Beach Front Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1511 N.W. Harbor, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Portland, Oregon, United States
“In the middle of action.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at Seagull trying to find a regular place to visit when at Lincoln City. The location is right in the middle of town equidistant from Siletz Bay and Chinook Winds Casino, convenient to Devils Lake. The front desk lady was extremely polite and accomodating. Rooms are facing the surf from safety of the cliff and great panorama of beachgoers flying kites and having fun driving on sand (the hotel is overlooking one of the few beach access driveways). I should've stayed more nights at the Seagull. Instead, I decided to explore another place for my regular Lincoln City retreat, but found Edgecliff Motel to be the bottom of the pit. Next time, I'm coming back to Segull, the most underrated place in Lincoln City.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

We stayed at the Sea Gull three times over the last few years. Each time Id look at the website and decide that they were renovating rooms so, because of the absolutely amazing beach access location I'd give them another chance. But I wont do that again. The rooms have all been uncared for, crumbling paint and stucco (esp in bathrooms), dirty stained carpeting, etc. A big shocker is when the pillow smelled funky and we took off the case to see years of yellow drool mark type stains, thinking that was a freak occurrence I took the pillowcases off the rest of the pillows and to my horror they were all the same. I took them to the front desk where they gave me pillows that were a little less stained, needless to say we didnt use pillows that night. But I will never stay there agin.

Room Tip: ask if it has been renovated at least
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We were greeted by Cynthia when we arrived and she was fantastic to talk to. She is part of the reason we give it an excellent rating. We were on the second floor (no elevators) and had a BEAUTIFUL view of the ocean. (I think all the rooms have such views at this hotel.) While the room was a bit older it was clean. We enjoyed watching the sun set that evening from the comfort of our room and was able to leave the windows open all night and sleep to the sound of the ocean just outside. Our room had a rocker recliner in it that while it was old it was still comfortable. Everything worked in the room. The only problem I had was the pillows were terrible. I can live with that though given how great everything else was.

What we paid for this room was what we paid for others while on vacation that didn't have anything like the view we had. We don't tend to spend a lot of time in our rooms while on vacation as we are out seeing the sights and goofing off. This room however had such a spectacular view it wasn't hard to sit and relax in.

Room Tip: They all have good views.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here two different times and came back a second time I liked it so much. Its not an amazing hotel room but it's clean and the view is just amazing! The prices are great and if ur a little on the dangerous side you can sneak over to the hotel next door when they do their bonfires and enjoy them on their dime and not have to pay an arm and a leg for the romantic bon fire with a view. Litterally all we did was walk in between the two hotels and sat next to the bonfires that no one was sitting next to. Over all it was great. I would totally stay here again. and probably will seeing as how I liked the fiest experience so much :)

• Stayed April 2014
1management, Manager at Seagull Beach Front Motel, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
thank you for your feedback,have you signed up for our rewards cards? stay ten nights and you get a night on us,call us at 800-422-0219 for info
McMinnville, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

When a customer has a bad experience it is the Hotel's opportunity to make sure the customer is happy so they come back. This didn't happen for us. We called and explained what happened and got argued with. This is a bad thing, never , ever argue with your customer. I wasn't asking for a free night, I was asking what they could do? She didn't even ask what I thought should be done, instead she told me she felt I was calling her a liar. Its all in perspective! I teach customer service and will not tell my friends about this hotel. I am left with a feeling that This establishment does not care about the customer. Very sad day indeed! The only thing I can say is the girl that worked at night was more pleasant than the day shift.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I enjoyed my stay. The staff was nice and laid back. Their office was a huge mess (literally pieces of wood everywhere) but I didn't care about that much, although some might. The room was cute, good sized fridge and microwave in the room. Fantastic view but that's because it was on the 3rd floor, so not for someone who doesn't like to have to hike to their room. There was a problem with our toilet working...it happened after hours and was a quick fix so we did it ourselves but still, never been to a hotel where the toilet was acting up....

The BIGGEST turn off was that they double charged me (for 4 nights instead of 2) and when I called them to fix the issue, they claimed that they had no idea of what I was talking about and had no record of having additional funds or anything. I'm not really sure how you can get 2 nights more of money without the guests and not realize it but yeah, that kinda killed them for me. My bank had to fix the issue, luckily they did and I got my money back.

Overall the stay was nice, but idk if I'd go back there again or recommend it to anyone else. I'd certainly recommend if you go there pay CASH for the room.

Room Tip: If you don't mind climbing stairs, the views are nice on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Wamic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have stayed at the Seagull, and it is a nice place to stay. If you are a spoiled person and expecting some posh hotel and used to everything being handed to you on a silver platter, then you probably would be disappointed and should stay somewhere much fancier. But if you love the beach with all your heart and appreciate the good things in life you will be very happy staying at the Seagull. The beach access is great, it's sooo close. We have a dog who is older and it's nice for him to not have to walk along way, or up a bunch of stairs (nice for us too). I read some of these reviews and have to say , some people will go out of their way to find something wrong even when there's absolutely nothing wrong, it's just in their nature to do so. The people who run this place are very nice and promptly provided us with everything we asked for. In one of the reviews someone complained about not having a hair dryer, if a hair dryer is that important to you, maybe you should bring one along to make sure you have one. I have stayed at a lot of places that do not provide hair dryers. Personally I don't use one, but if I really needed one, I would go up to Bi-Mart and buy one. Someone else complained about having to go ask for extra pillows. That's silly, think of it as some little adventure to go to the office and get extra pillows my goodness your at the coast have some fun! As far as no air conditioners, a lot of places at the coast do not have air conditioners because, hello your at the coast, you have an ocean breeze. I've even brought my little fan/heater with me, it's like 8x8 and is easy to bring. As far as no screens on the windows, I'm not sure about that although, one time when we stayed at the Seagull during a storm with extreme windy conditions and I think if there would have been screens, they would have been blown off the windows. People should never take their eyes off of their dogs and children even for a second, so there should be no reason for them to fall out of a window ,or be harmed in anyway, in your home or elsewhere,having toclosethe windows at night, that's where the little fan comes in handy. Come on people get real the coast is for having fun not complaining. Be smart if something bothers you figure out a way to remedy it. If it's something that bothered you before, think ahead and bring the few little things you need to make you comfortable, I do and I don't have to complain or get mad at someone for not doing every little thing for me, I am responsible for myself, and don't expect everything to be perfect just for me. If you think there is a chance you wont like someone different pillows, bring your own, they can also be used to take a nap in the car on the way. I am going to be going to the Lincoln City tomorrow and will be staying at The Seagull for three nights, can't wait to run on the beach with my younger dog. The view at the Seagull is awesome because the beach is right there in front of you:) We are going to have so much fun, and Im not going to let anything bother me, not a hair dryer not a pillow not a window screen, nothing because, I love the coast and life is too short to be a whiner.~ Theresa

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Seagull Beach Front Motel? Share your experiences!