“Surprise - not good.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 36 hotels in Lincoln City
Clackamas, Oregon
“Surprise - not good.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Staff at check in wasn't very friendly. Got into our room and it had an awful odor and we had to go buy two air fresheners to stand the smell. They supply coffee maker, but no cups, coffee, creamer, etc. Burn holes in carpet and torn carpet. Great ocean view, except the window seals were broken so the glass was fogged the whole time and could barely see out unless you had the windows open. Bathroom needs a good cleaning -- floor dirty, tub dirty with a ring around the tub. Sheets on bed were stained, luckily we had brought blankets and slept on top of the blankets. Bed was uncomfortable and pillows were horrible. Every motel/hotel we have stayed in has had four pillows but this motel only supplies two and very hard.

The location was good and the ocean view was beautiful. There is a ramp right next to the motel so cars can drive on the beach and they all park right in front of the motel so that was the only draw back to the view. Plus the cars are on the beach until 1:00 am.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed in a ground floor room with my dog. It was exactly the getaway we needed. Room 106 has a large deck out the sliding doors that I think is meant for everyone but really only myself and one other room used it. Was originally booked for two nights but ended up staying four nights. If you're looking for reasonably priced, clean, basic accommodation then look no further. I will absolutely be back. Thanks Seagull!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have been to others along the coast & Lincoln City.Some fancier,newer. But when I found this motel I fell in love and kept coming every year,late spring & early fall. My friend & I came together. The minute you open the door, the ocean greets you in all it's glory.When you awake you can see& hear it from your pillow.Yes it's an older motel,a bit vintage,but I always found it homey,with plenty of space,even in the bath. the kitchen was all I ever needed,and could STILL see the ocean from there.My room was always clean & staff always coming with fresh towels (4 day stay) We had a fave 3rd floor room always..quite a climb for us as we are older. The wonderful staff always helped us with our luggage (plenty) both coming & going while they joked & laughed with us the whole time.We had many great scrabble games at that window while enjoying watching both the ocean and the goings on below on the beach,the whales,the boats.It was fun to watch the people,stuck cars,bonfires and never once did we have loud parties,etc. disturb our sleep.My health failed some, and I have not been able to go there for a few years,but as soon as possible I want to go back again,and some of my favorite memories are there. Thank you Seagull and the kind,cheerfull, helpful people who run my favorite place on the Oregon coast!

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms best view,privacy,quietness
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We enjoy our trips to the Seagull very much. So much that we visit the Seagull during any season. The main thing is we get to take our girl (dog) with us. The pet fee is very reasonable. The rooms are quite adequate for our needs...we always get one with a kitchen. The large windows that face the ocean make for a terrific view. (There is no room at the Seagull without an ocean view). We couldn't ask for a better staff...they're all very friendly and very accommodating. The Seagull may not be a new motel but it sure is a great place for us and our pet to stay!
Dick & Ellie & KC

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had a great outdoor hot tub!! We slept here for 4 very wonderful quiet night. The hotel has a retreat with ocean view that is exquisite. We like the fact that it is easy access to the beach. The room was clean-had a full kitchen-including micro and oven and full size refrigerator. The view from this room is the best I have ever seen. We sat in the tub and watched all the bonfires on the beach..awesome! This is our new spot-LOVE IT. Definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Eugene
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The hotel is older, but I loved it and I'm planning on going back! My partner and I stayed there in April. When we checked in something was going on with the card reader and my card wouldn't go thru. The young guy at the counter told us it was okay and took a copy of the card, gave us a key to our room and told us to come back and try again in the morning. Our room was always clean and the view was fabulous! They even put a marker in the book I had left open on the bed.

Room Tip: No elevator, so stay on a lower floor if stairs are a problem for you.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed at the Seagull motel some years ago before the ADA and they did everything to make it work and it did.This time we called to see if any rooms were available. We intended to stay only two days but it was better than we remembered. This was our twelved motel on this trip.We had a great view of the ocean, complete kitchen etc at a great price.We stayed four days and everybody who worked there was great. Everybody enjoyed our service dog and he enjoyed the beach.We found it a great place to stay

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Seagull Beach Front Motel? Share your experiences!