“Best smoked salmon I've ever tasted.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 90 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Seafood
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Best smoked salmon I've ever tasted.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Barnacle Bill's has great, fresh-caught seafood. It's what my Scottish husband calls a "fish monger's"--it's not a restaurant, in other words. You choose the fresh or smoked seafood that you want, and take it away with you. My very favorite offering from them is their "super moist" smoked salmon. It's very, very moist, and very fatty. VERY expensive, too--but it's the option for smoked salmon that we choose every single time when we want to treat ourselves! Then we take it down to the beach, sit in our car, watch the waves, and savor every small mouthful of that salmon from heaven! Make sure you ask for their moistest offering if you're into salmon and want to try this. There are two other kinds of smoked salmon that they do, there, in addition to their super moist variety....

And if you're not into salmon, never fear--ALL of their seafood is fresh, delicious, and worth every penny. They'll even pack it in ice and bag it up for you, and if you spend a certain amount, they'll provide a styrofoam cooler for your purchases, to ensure it all makes it home as fresh and good as when it left their storefront. Just remember that you'll have to cook it yourself, unless you get something already smoked :-).

My only complaint? They accept cash, only. No cards. There have been times when we've had to pass them by when we wanted to stop because we didn't have enough cash on hand, and we didn't want to have to go elsewhere to get it. With luck, perhaps someday they'll be set up to take debit and credit. I hope so!

Visited January 2012

Gridley
“Even on a foggy nite the salamon spread is wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stopped by and bought salmon to take with us and salmon spread dip. Wow was it ever good! Used it one morning as part of omelettes and it couldn't have been better. Poepl behind the counter were so friendly and helpful. Will definitely stop here again!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bend, Oregon
“Best fish market this side of Pikes Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

If you want fresh seafood on your trip to Lincoln City this is the place. Their smoked salmon is one of the best I've ever had. The staff is extremely friendly and they know their seafood!

• Visited October 2012
Beaverton, Oregon
“Absolutely incredible smoked salmon!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been eating there smoked salmon for the last couple of years and it has completely ruined all the other smoked salmon that I used to get at the store and Costco. The flavor and tenderness is like nothing I have ever tasted before. I found out that they have been making it in the back of there store front by hand for over 30 years, secret family recipe.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We read the reviews and figured that we must stop. We thought they were closed but someone appeared to help us. Prices are a little high but oh my goodness it's delicious. We got a smaller piece of smoked salmon and we are stopping again on our way out of town for more!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere