“We loved it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ester Lee Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Ester Lee Motel
You added Ester Lee Motel to your Saves list
3803 S.W. Highway 101, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Salem, Oregon
“We loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We just came back home from Ester Lee and I want to go back already! I so miss the beautiful ocean view.

We stayed in a corner motel room with one bedroom, fireplace and little kitchen. It was the perfect layout and had everything we needed.

Positives:
The best view I could ever imagine
Kitchen
Comfortable bed
Lots of towels and extra blankets
Nicely furnished
Very private - You really do NOT hear your neighbors
Good location
Board games you can borrow in the lobby

Negatives:
If you like to drink a tap water, you should probably buy a bottled water instead. Because the water tastes really bad. It made my throat dry and I felt thirsty even more.
The shower head is horrible. I felt like I was taking a shower with a spray head instead.
The fireplace stopped working twice because of the wind outside.

Room Tip: Corner motel rooms. Also, there is a perfect virtual tour on their pages of both the cottages and mo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Albany, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

After a night next door at the Inn at Spanish Head we got a very nice room here. Their website has videos scanning 360 degrees for every room in the place. Very hand and helpful in choosing a room. Nice kitchette is a great bonus saving a bundle in food cost. Saved us about $80 for 3 meals. We parked in front of our room on the first floor. New mattresses we think. Immaculate inside and very clean outside. Real Gas Flame wood type cast iron stove, plue normal electric baseboard. No ticking. Quiet fridge. Extra towells and such. We will be back to this fine establishment. A little nicer and fresher than the adjacent Edgecliff. Opened the large windo a little so we could enjoy the sound of the surf all night long. Wonderful. Very nice staff.

Room Tip: Check out their actual website and watch the videos of each room. Look at that rooms position on the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We've been coming to the Ester Lee Motel for years. We love it there. The view is awesome. You're high enough to see for miles on a clear day. The staff is always reallly friendly. If you tell them you're visiting for a special occasion (birthday or anniversary) they will put your message on their reader board and take a photo of the sign for you. It's a neat touch. The rooms are always very clean.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Stayton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Several good friends and I stayed in the two bedroom cottage. It was great and there was plenty of room. We loved the large picture window with a the great view of the ocean. The kitchen was large and had all of the dishes and cookwere needed to prepare meals. A couple of my freinds had stayed at the Ester Lee before but this was my first time. And I am a life long Oregonian. I am sorry that I hadn't discovered this little gem before now. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Try the cottages.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Sun City, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have stayed at the Ester Lee before so wanted to go back. Yes, the property is a bit dated, however the view is absolutely fabulous...Corner Room 211 is my favorite, queen size, fireplace, large room, comfy chairs, nice kitchenette with picture windows looking right down onto the beach with the surf hitting the rocks. Miles of sandy beach. Million dollar view that only cost $75.00 per day, winter rates. Very clean and most pleasant staff. In February 2014 I had hopped for a nice Pacific storm with big waves...instead I got 4 days of sunshine and no wind. Fantastic!

Room Tip: Definitely reserve Room 211 in advance for couple or single...they also have multiple bedrooms and m...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Eureka, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I recently took a fabulous road trip up and down the Oregon Coast and I stayed at the Ester Lee both ways.

I loved it so much. I was looking for some place where I could really see the ocean the whole time, and where the view was spectacular!! FOUND IT!!!!!!

Wow. I stayed in the cottage section and there you have a kitchen, as well as an incredible view. I stayed in two different cottages, one on the patio level and one on the street level. I loved both of the views, and both cottages were well equipped with everything you could possibly need. I am sure the motel section is great too, as surely you have that same view.

Did I mention the view? HA! Because it is really magnificent!

However, the staff is equally as wonderful!! Really very friendly and very quick and on top of things! I really liked chatting with them, and also with Ester Lee! Wonderful vintage touch!! They all make your stay truly lovely. Thanks again to all of you!!!

I highly recommend the Ester Lee. I am really in love with this place, can you tell?? Convenient location too. I even love the graphic on their logo!!! You will never be sorry if you choose the Ester Lee, and I hope to be there again soon! What a gem!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are a little old fashioned, but homey. The views from the Ester Lee are awesome, and the beach access is one of my favorites in Lincoln City! Tidal pools are right behind the motels/cottages. It is great to have a kitchen, and the rooms feel private as if it were an apartment rather than a hotel with a hallway of rooms where you can hear your neighbors! Great for having our baby along with us who wakes to every sound... (The rooms are quiet). I won't stay at any other place while I'm in town.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Ester Lee Motel? Share your experiences!