“Great place for a great price” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1035 NW Harbor Ave, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Beaverton, Oregon
“Great place for a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I proposed to my fiance on the beach just below Sailor Jack's in February of this year. I was looking for a nicer hotel that didn't carry the hefty price tag like most do on the coast and we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was great, the room was very nice for the price and the view was amazing. We will surely be staying here again in the future!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. We had a bottom floor with a balcony and the view of the ocean is unbeatable!! The room was clean and plenty of room. Exactly what we were looking for. Ocean front for $100 a night? Yeh, you can't beat it!

My only complaint is that the balconies are not private at all. It would be nice not to see my neighbor when I'm sitting on the deck drinking my coffee, but other than that this place was a great find!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
West Linn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Super friendly check in associates. Nice, clean room with very comfy bed. There were some small stains on carpet or old cabinets (you can tell the place has been "half" renovated recently) but it didn't bother us since we were so distracted by the excellent view! With wonderful tidal pools a few minutes walk on the beach north and "D River" a few minutes walk to the south, this place is in a perfect location for a family. Can't beat the price and quality for an oceanfront spot. We would return. Plus pet friendly!

Room Tip: It's worth the extra ten to get a ground floor room with a balcony. Watching the sunset over the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bozeman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed for 3 days. Great location on the beach, short walk down the stairs to a quieter section of beach near simpler tide pools. Kids loved it! Hotel is older but no problems. Clean. Water out of faucet is boling hot. Friendly service

Room Tip: Actually liked the second floor room because we needed to leave our window open at night or it would...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Fountain Hills, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I used to come to Sailor Jacks every year. Last year, 2013, I got a 2nd degree burn on my arm from the tub/Jacuzzi faucet. When I checked out the next day I alerted them to the concern that they need to have signs that say "hot" water, like some places do. I showed them my arm and they just said "oh." I didn't ask for anything. But, they didn't offer me anything, either. That's poor customer service. When I sent them an email a month after - they never responded. I have a 3 inch burn scar on my arm. So, they will never get my business again.

The room floor was really dirty. You could tell it hadn't been cleaned in a very long time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Selah WA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I just love this Motel, its sliders look out to the Ocean you hear the waves at night life does not get better than that..They have redone all the rooms they look good.The rooms are clean and pet friendly which is hard to find now a days.We return every year but this time we came later in June. The view is so awesome and the sunsets and sunrises are beautiful. The front desk was very friendly .They also have a washer and dryer you can use if your stay is long enough to have to do clothes.Make sure to eat a J's fish and chips and Maxwells makes the biggest breakfast omellets I have ever seen.Sailor Jacks is older but well maintained. We will return for many more years and just keep adding days to our stay. Check it out when in Lincoln City,Oregon.

Room Tip: They have Kitchenettes to rent also and Jacuzzi rooms too.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed at Sailor Jack’s for 5 days. I wish I could give a 5 star review. It is a nice location, right on the beach. There are some rooms with fireplaces and Jacuzzi’s. I had one of those rooms. I, unfortunately, have to report that I called 4 times before my visit to get a room with the deck that had an opening right out to the beach. 4 times I was promised one of these rooms. The reason I called 4 times was because the 2nd time I called I was in an upstairs room. Somehow they double booked me and had me in another room. So I called the 3rd and 4th time to make sure I had the room I was promised. I drove 2 days to have this room with the open deck. When I got there I did not have it. I complained, but the man at the desk acted like he didn’t know there were decks that had openings.
Which brings me to my 2nd complaint; the unprofessionalism was disappointing to say the least. Acting like you don’t know that decks are different is really undermining the customer and is offensive. I wish he had just said we got you in the wrong room, sorry. I complained when I signed in, and when I signed out. Nobody cared. So, if you go there and expect to get a certain room, I can’t even tell you to call ahead because that obviously didn’t help me. Once you’re there they have you over a barrel.
It is definitely more run down then in the pictures on their website. I will probably never stay in a place that is friendly to dogs again, because the place smells musty and like wet dogs. The carpet probably is the reason. It was pretty clean when I got there, so the other complaints I’ve seen weren't true for me. I will say having a fireplace was nice, and the bathrooms were clean. In general though I can only give it 3 stars because it’s just not a 5 star hotel, and the front desk staff are very inattentive. I certainly won’t be returning there. There was one house keeper who had the best attitude and was so friendly and made sure I had everything I needed. Very nice, I wish I could tell you her name. So, 3 stars are mainly because of the location. The couches and chairs are nice because they can be cleaned. I think they’re fake leather or leather which is a nice addition. Material couches and chairs can be filthy, especially with dogs on them. And they definitely needs screens on their doors and windows ocean side. If you want anything opened on the beach front side, bugs will come in so you just don't keep them open. That would be nice considering the sound of the waves could be heard in the room

Room Tip: Bring your own chair that sits taller for the deck. The chairs they have are very low and you can’t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel? Share your experiences!